Cobra jet - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 03-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Cobra jet

So I hooked up the Cobra jet and I'm having idle fluctuating issues. Drive the car and lost throttle with a wrench light. Turn car off and drove it back home. Help please

Sent from my ADR930L using Mustang Evolution mobile app
20Mustang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016, 02:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

And been having idlig issues the hole time. No idea what's happening

Old 03-29-2016, 02:59 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Is it seated properly?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016, 04:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

As far as I know bolted down like directions said too.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:10 AM   #5
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Mustang13 View Post
So I hooked up the Cobra jet and I'm having idle fluctuating issues. Drive the car and lost throttle with a wrench light. Turn car off and drove it back home. Help please
@20Mustang13 - The CJ's are known to do this and they require a little finesse having them dialed in. I would reach out to whomever had tuned this for you and have them get you set up with a datalog. If this is through Bama either call them directly or shoot me a PM with all of your order info and I can put them in touch with you.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I had a very similar issue when first installed the Boss. it was a slight vacuum leak on one of the hoses from the TB. could be anywhere but sounds like a vacuum issue. Try a bubble test on the vacuum lines that were messed with during install. Mine was so small I didn't even find, I just started switching. Poof gone and idle all went great
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
@20Mustang13 - The CJ's are known to do this and they require a little finesse having them dialed in. I would reach out to whomever had tuned this for you and have them get you set up with a datalog. If this is through Bama either call them directly or shoot me a PM with all of your order info and I can put them in touch with you.

Alex
I talked to Dakota from Bama and he gave me a new tune, when I start driving it just feels week like all other times. I'm going to check all vacume lines for the 5th time. Dakota said they been having problems with the mono blade TB. And might be a defect. Would the twin TB. be better to use? If not fixed by Friday I'll take the intake and stuff off and put my old intake back on.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Alex
I talked to Dakota from Bama and he gave me a new tune, when I start driving it just feels week like all other times. I'm going to check all vacume lines for the 5th time. Dakota said they been having problems with the mono blade TB. And might be a defect. Would the twin TB. be better to use? I feel not I'll take the intake and stuff off and put my old intake back on. Don't mean to sound ignorant or anything just gotta go to phili Tuesday so kinda need the car you know.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:03 AM   #9
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Mustang13 View Post
I talked to Dakota from Bama and he gave me a new tune, when I start driving it just feels week like all other times.

I'm going to check all vacume lines for the 5th time. Dakota said they been having problems with the mono blade TB. And might be a defect.

Would the twin TB. be better to use? I feel not I'll take the intake and stuff off and put my old intake back on. Don't mean to sound ignorant or anything just gotta go to phili Tuesday so kinda need the car you know.
That's a first hearing about issues with the mono and I don't want to say "buy the twin" because I think there's something that we're not seeing/experiencing.

Given you're going to be in the city and I'd be in the same boat I'd probably throw it back on for the interim if it's not sorted by then.

They'll get you set up. Let us know how you make out.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's a first hearing about issues with the mono and I don't want to say "buy the twin" because I think there's something that we're not seeing/experiencing.

Given you're going to be in the city and I'd be in the same boat I'd probably throw it back on for the interim if it's not sorted by then.

They'll get you set up. Let us know how you make out.

Alex
Dakota from Bama wants me data log it and send it to him

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle