American Muscle Show 2016 - WHO'S GOING? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 05-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
We were up at Maple for NMRA this weekend.

Tracks screaming our name for August!

Keep an eye out for the video in the next few weeks and I'll make sure to post the link in here.

Alex

I saw videos of those 7-8 second coyotes. Must have been a good time!

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

I'll most likely be going up there again.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:23 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I'll be there! I'll also be doing the big cruise in from New Jersey again, assuming it happens.
Ferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2016, 06:32 AM   #109
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I saw videos of those 7-8 second coyotes. Must have been a good time!
Definitely some really strong cars running. I still have rubber and race gas in my beard. Weather was a little all over the place Friday and cars didn't get down until about 3. Saturday was a totally different story and people were running literally all day. Great time as always!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Ayyyy, v6beast making the American muscle Instagram page, center of the shot! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462417397.160232.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	200608

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:16 PM   #111
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Hood down because #v6beast 😉
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:19 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
No way I'll ever be able to make an East coast show with my baby...
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:44 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Promise me a transmission and clutch rebuild, a new set of tires, and gas, and I will be there.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:55 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Promise me a transmission and clutch rebuild, a new set of tires, and gas, and I will be there.

Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:22 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy2014 View Post
Lol

I laughed as I typed it.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:26 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

I figured as much me and two buddies are going to try and make it

bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:04 AM   #117

Region: Indiana
Hopefully gonna be able to make it out there this year
Ryan5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Not looking too clear to come this year, what a bummer.. This is probably the first year I'll missed out on the show.. Accepted a job offer that will make me work in the weekend..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Not looking too clear to come this year, what a bummer.. This is probably the first year I'll missed out on the show.. Accepted a job offer that will make me work in the weekend..

You should have thought about this show before you accepted that offer!!! j/k. I guess you are going to have to settle for pics!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #120
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hey Cassadey ,
I can call you in sick if you want to go.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
You should have thought about this show before you accepted that offer!!! j/k. I guess you are going to have to settle for pics!
I know rob but can't pass this great job opportunity but will see maybe I can squeeze this one in when time gets closer.. If not I might just look at your pictures here..

Old 05-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Hey Cassadey ,
I can call you in sick if you want to go.
Ronnie
Hey Ronnie my man.... thanks for the offer but I'm gonna be a newbie in this new job so I got to impress the boss... But I might squeeze this in when it gets closer or call in sick lol.. Take care man..

Old 05-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #123
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You will be missed if you don't get to go.
Ronnie
Old 05-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If one of my employees called in sick to go to a mustang show, I'd have no problem with it.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #125
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I was going to try going with my 5.0 but I had a 1 way ticket to the hospital this week. Still chillin here. Waiting to hear if I truly had Ulcerative Colitis all this time or if it's Crohns. Will be here till next week at a minimum. Between that and the other procedure I need, the AM show is now a hard NO. Maybe Alex can send me a nice photo. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #126
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I went in 2012 with cancer, I just put off a few treatments and enjoyed the best Mustang show """EVER""" I did feel bad and had to leave early, but I did make it and did enjoy what I did see.
I missed 2013 because of the stupid cancer got to my bladder but I made it back in 2014 and again in 2015.
I will be there in 2016 and for the first time I may be cancer free
I just had my cystoscope and it was all clear.
I do think this show actually helped me get better, The Mustang people I met are the very best car people in the world, Everybody is enthusiastic about Mustangs and very friendly to each other just enjoying the great atmosphere of the event.
I have been to many car shows all over the country and this one is the very best of them all. AND- It is "MUSTANGS" only. It is dog and kid friendly which means a lot to just about all of us with the exception of a very few that probably don't even like themselves.
The year I missed I did call and asked for my T-Shirt because I did sign up so they sent one to me.
Ronnie
Old 05-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I went in 2012 with cancer, I just put off a few treatments and enjoyed the best Mustang show """EVER""" I did feel bad and had to leave early, but I did make it and did enjoy what I did see.
I missed 2013 because of the stupid cancer got to my bladder but I made it back in 2014 and again in 2015.
I just had my cystoscope and it was all clear.
I do think this show actually helped me get better, The Mustang people I met are the very best car people in the world, Everybody is enthusiastic about Mustangs and very friendly to each other just enjoying the great atmosphere of the event.
I have been to many car shows all over the country and this one is the very best of them all. AND- It is "MUSTANGS" only. It is dog and kid friendly which means a lot to just about all of us with the exception of a very few that probably don't even like themselves.
The year I missed I did call and asked for my T-Shirt because I did sign up so they sent one to me.
Ronnie
You sir are an inspiration to millions.

When I was selling Harleys I met a man that was a 6 time cancer survivor. He had 6 different cancers over the years. With each diagnosis he said he would buy something he wanted if he survived. It gave him something to look forward to. I don't remember what his other toys were, but when I met him he was after a Harley.

This guy spent most of his days encouraging other patients at the hospital enduring chemotherapy. He wanted them to know there is hope. He had a chance to discuss cancer, pain, depression, survival, the fears of death, and God with people that had no one. I wish I had kept in touch with that guy. He was great to just be around.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:00 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats of being cancer free!!! If my employee told me they wanted to go to the show and take off work I would say too bad, I'm taking off work cause I'm going lmao.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #129
Site Sponsor

Quote:
If parts grew on trees I'd be happy too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy2014 View Post
I figured as much me and two buddies are going to try and make it
It's a fun drive! I visit/drive down to Georgia yearly to catch extended family/friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5.0 View Post
Hopefully gonna be able to make it out there this year
We'd love to have you there Ryan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Hey - Job comes first! We know how it goes, believe me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
I was going to try going with my 5.0 but I had a 1 way ticket to the hospital this week. Still chillin here. Waiting to hear if I truly had Ulcerative Colitis all this time or if it's Crohns. Will be here till next week at a minimum. Between that and the other procedure I need, the AM show is now a hard NO. Maybe Alex can send me a nice photo. 😁
Ahh - Sorry to hear about that Zom. Rest assured I'm sure we could send you some pictures...Video...Swag Bag. You know!

Quote:

We're very happy to hear this Ronnie!

Where's the group hug emoji when I need it!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-09-2016, 10:46 AM   #130
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
If parts grew on trees I'd be happy too!

It's a fun drive! I visit/drive down to Georgia yearly to catch extended family/friends.

We'd love to have you there Ryan!

Hey - Job comes first! We know how it goes, believe me!

Ahh - Sorry to hear about that Zom. Rest assured I'm sure we could send you some pictures...Video...Swag Bag. You know!

We're very happy to hear this Ronnie!

Where's the group hug emoji when I need it!

Hey, I am grateful for anything. 😁

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Alex, from what I have seen from your posts I believe you would pluck parts from the Mustang garden if you could. Parts don't grow on trees though.

I am finding a lot of good people among the Mustang family. One of the things that makes a hobby great are the people involved. In truth, the people are what our hobbies are about. As auto enthusiasts we are ultimately entertainers looking to shine in the spotlight. We want others to enjoy the art put together by our hands.

Cruise ins are always fun. I love to see the cars, but more importantly, I enjoy the people that admire the cars. Every time I lined my bike up at the track I knew I had a two fold job. I was there to win, and also to put on a show that provided the audience with a good race.

As a public speaker and a musician people are important. Without people, none of what we do would mean much at all. How much fun is it to drive a Ford Taurus? It's just a tool to be used for transporting people. We drive a Mustang and other toys because they scream for attention. When I play a show (even if it's a solo acoustic set) I would rather have a packed house than a few people more interested in their conversation than the music. When I step on stage to speak, I know it's my job to engage the audience. I have to command their attention. It isn't about me, it is about the people. How can I be a service to anyone in if I am not visable and available?

So I gladly acknowledge what American Muscle is doing. I am glad to see a company willing to give back to their customers. The recent contests I have been aware of serve a two fold application. You certainly have a great advertisement that becomes word of mouth. Excited and happy customers are worth more than any web page, magazine ad, or billboard. Plus you are investing in your customers by giving someone the opportunity to make a dream come true.

I say thank you to American Muscle and all of the other companies bringing car enthusiasts together.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:58 AM   #132
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex, from what I have seen from your posts I believe you would pluck parts from the Mustang garden if you could. Parts don't grow on trees though.

I am finding a lot of good people among the Mustang family. One of the things that makes a hobby great are the people involved. In truth, the people are what our hobbies are about. As auto enthusiasts we are ultimately entertainers looking to shine in the spotlight. We want others to enjoy the art put together by our hands.

Cruise ins are always fun. I love to see the cars, but more importantly, I enjoy the people that admire the cars. Every time I lined my bike up at the track I knew I had a two fold job. I was there to win, and also to put on a show that provided the audience with a good race.

As a public speaker and a musician people are important. Without people, none of what we do would mean much at all. How much fun is it to drive a Ford Taurus? It's just a tool to be used for transporting people. We drive a Mustang and other toys because they scream for attention. When I play a show (even if it's a solo acoustic set) I would rather have a packed house than a few people more interested in their conversation than the music. When I step on stage to speak, I know it's my job to engage the audience. I have to command their attention. It isn't about me, it is about the people. How can I be a service to anyone in if I am not visable and available?

So I gladly acknowledge what American Muscle is doing. I am glad to see a company willing to give back to their customers. The recent contests I have been aware of serve a two fold application. You certainly have a great advertisement that becomes word of mouth. Excited and happy customers are worth more than any web page, magazine ad, or billboard. Plus you are investing in your customers by giving someone the opportunity to make a dream come true.

I say thank you to American Muscle and all of the other companies bringing car enthusiasts together.
I'm not even sure where to start here. I think I shed a tear. I can't stress it enough this is what it's about.

I've met some great guys/girls over the course of the past 5 years here.

This is what it's all about y'all.

Not to derail the thread but what kind of axes in your arsenal!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

You will keep meeting great people. People will keep impacting your life.

Every time I am on the road I look for other Mustang owners. I have noticed that the streets are over flowing with wild horses.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:04 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can't stress it enough this is what it's about.

I've met some great guys/girls over the course of the past 5 years here.

[I]This is what it's all about y'all.
Definitely agree! Make-A-Wish benefits too! People helping people!
Sorry Revv, can't agree with your comment about we get mustangs b/c they scream for attention though. Probably sounds like an oxymoron coming from a race red owner lol!
No need to tie the use of ...moron with me, it's duly noted
Old 05-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Definitely agree! Make-A-Wish benefits too! People helping people!
Sorry Revv, can't agree with your comment about we get mustangs b/c they scream for attention though. Probably sounds like an oxymoron coming from a race red owner lol!
No need to tie the use of ...moron with me, it's duly noted
No disrespect taken. I don't have a problem with opinions that vary from mine. If we all thought alike the world would be boring.

The point I was trying to make may not have been properly worded to convey the message. Why do you have a Mustang? Why do I have a Mustang? Why does anyone choose the particular vehicle they own?

I noticed something that can be applied to the majority of people. A person's vehicle, like their office space and home, is a reflection of that person. You can look at the items and general way the vehicle is maintained and determine a person's life style. You can learn about a person's interests, and what means the most to them. The living spaces (cars included) tell a story about the occupant and owner.

Not everyone that owns a Mustang is making a statement. There are a few people that buy the car just to buy a car.

So why did you purchase your particular Mustang? If you are an enthusiast the car makes a statement. The car commands attention to a large degree. The car does not mean the same to everyone one the road. Some people see the car and scoff at the waste they perceive.

I normally drive a Quad Cab Ram. It's a big beast. That is, or was my daily driver. It carried my equipment and provided me with enough interior room to be comfortable. The interior is the size of a small apartment. My truck is basically my living room with a steering wheel. When you see the truck, you don't only see a truck. If you look closely you notice the shark's tooth and surfboard that hang from the rear view. You see gifts from my girls close by me. You see an enormous amount of CDs they are by unknown artists. On the exterior you notice little touches such as a bullet bumper insert and smoked fog lights that give the truck a menacing look combined with the SRT grill insert. There is no Chrome with the exception of that insert. The truck is always clean, polished and detailed. The vinyl bed cover is cared for. The bed is normally as clean as the exterior.

That truck says I love the beach (I am from the coast originally). It is clearly obvious that I love my daughter's. I am a perfectionist, and the details show that. The little custom touches show that I am an auto enthusiast, but those items are not over kill.

Why do I have a Mustang? The Mustang is a car with a legacy. It is an American Muscle car. The car says performance to those around it. The drop top says I enjoy cruising and enjoying the ride.

Our cars are an extension of who we are. In that respect, your car demands attention. We have what we do because it makes a statement about our personal perception.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #136
Site Sponsor

Quote:

Our cars are an extension of who we are. In that respect, your car demands attention. We have what we do because it makes a statement about our personal perception.

I didn't want to re-quote everything for our combined vision. Mines bad enough as is but, I went out and got some attention yesterday. Maybe they'll use it on site somewhere!

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't invited along on that ride Alex. That looks like a lot of fun.

I hope someone else is washing the truck.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #138
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I bought my 2012 Mustang ??????????????????????

My warranty was up on the Mini JCW and they wanted $3.500 to extend it two more years, With all the tracking I did with that car and the extortion service charges that BMW Mini had, It was time to let go.
I went to my Ford dealer to see about a Ford Focus on a rainy Sunday.
I pull in and of course a sales guy came out to greet me. I asked for his card and told him I was just going to look to see what jumped out on me.
I checked out all of the Focuses and seen none I really wanted.
On the way back to my car I spied my Mustang, It was drawing me in like a bee to a flower. """LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT""" I looked at the window sticker and the dealer add on sticker and it was $33,000 and some.
OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE
I walked back to my car and the sales guy asked me if anything jumped out at me.
I said , "The red Candy MCA Mustang" I also said it was way to expensive for me.
He had me come in and after a couple of hours of negotiating and his many trips to the "BOSS" MY DEAL WAS MADE and I drove home with a car I still love to this day.
My first mod was Magnaflows, Then I took my Mario ( DOG) and headed up to the American Muscle show for the first time. My cancer was killing me but We went anyway. It was excellent.
I have to say this is the most enjoyable car I have had. I have had Mustangs before , many years ago and don't know why I got Corvettes and other cars in between my last one, A 67 I lost in my divorce and my 2012 I have now.
I love everything about this car and I truly like 99% of all the Mustang owners I meet. There are a select few that I don't think anyone would like.
There is no better parts place then American Muscle for great service and good prices with our forum discount. They put on a great event that I really look forward to every year. I only missed the one year since I had my Mustang.
I always liked Mustangs but tracking with the Porsche club with my Corvette and then my Mini JCW, I never really thought about buying one.
Now that I have my 2012, I don't even want any other car.
Ronnie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Maple Grove Ticketing 5X7.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	831.4 KB
ID:	200795  
Old 05-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah Ronnie! I got mine b/c I wanted one for 30+yrs. gas prices went up mid 2000's, kids etc so traded my truck for a focus. Paid the focus off after 5yrs and my wife, knowing my desire suggested we (I) look at a mustang with the thought the focus would be my winter car. Wanted candy red but by the time I had a decent down payment, I couldn't order or find one with options I wanted except this race red premium GT.
I think you're correct Revv, that you can figure a person out by their choices etc but many (probably corvette and Porsche buyers! Lol) buy to make a statement. I care more about my likes and my family's needs than what other ppl think about me. Corporate ladders, politics, and all sorts of society ideologies that a person has to look/act a certain way to fit in and get ahead or that you have to let the world know your "status" by keeping a nice house/yard/car/shoes.....sorry, just had to puke. Anyway, I think I made my point. Like you said, the world would be boring if we all thought alike and I definitely respect other viewpoints.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Yeah Ronnie! I got mine b/c I wanted one for 30+yrs. gas prices went up mid 2000's, kids etc so traded my truck for a focus. Paid the focus off after 5yrs and my wife, knowing my desire suggested we (I) look at a mustang with the thought the focus would be my winter car. Wanted candy red but by the time I had a decent down payment, I couldn't order or find one with options I wanted except this race red premium GT.
I think you're correct Revv, that you can figure a person out by their choices etc but many (probably corvette and Porsche buyers! Lol) buy to make a statement. I care more about my likes and my family's needs than what other ppl think about me. Corporate ladders, politics, and all sorts of society ideologies that a person has to look/act a certain way to fit in and get ahead or that you have to let the world know your "status" by keeping a nice house/yard/car/shoes.....sorry, just had to puke. Anyway, I think I made my point. Like you said, the world would be boring if we all thought alike and I definitely respect other viewpoints.
You made my point. Like you, my family is first. Sure, I have had some fun cars. I have owned a few beautiful trucks. There was a time in which I drove a beat up, brown, early 90s Buick LeSabre that had flaking paint and a fading interior.

That car made a statement just as loud as someone in a GT40. It said that I had responsibilities to take care of that take precedence over material things.

I met people that showed me their real colors. I was looked down on. I was disregarded. I was judged by the car I drove.

No one knew why I drive that beater until they got to know me.

So you make a valid point. I did say there is a margin of error in my statement. Most of the time a person's car speaks volumes about who they are.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle