American Muscle ripping us off? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Angry American Muscle ripping us off?

Many people who have looked for parts on american muscle have probably seen the package deal for a CAI with a tuner. They push this "deal" pretty hard on the website and especially if you click on a "high performance" CAI. Now in my opinion a CAI isn't even worth it but I noticed that you would save money if you bought the same exact tuner and the same exact CAI as in the package separately.
C&L Racer cold air intake $375+Bama xf/sf4 tuner $400=$775
C&L Racer + Bama x4/sf4 Package= $799!
My understanding is packages are normally supposed to be cheaper or at least the same price as individually buying things. I don't know wether they are trying to rip us off by putting some extra money in popular products or if its an honest mistake.
Just wanted to make this post to give you guys a warning and to say buy those items separately if you are going to purchase them!
this is for a 2015+ mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Hm that's odd. The bundle is $746 for the 2011-14 but $799 for the 15-16 GT... If you buy them separate the prices are the same for both the 11-14 and 15-16. It's probably just an honest mistake on their end. I've always seen AM as the go-to place for bascially anything Mustang. I don't think they'd purposely try to con people out of their money like that, but who knows.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Not sure what you are looking at... Mustang Cold Air Intake w/ 95mm MAF & Tuner (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping is exactly what you mentioned, priced at $745.99. Maybe your browser just needed to have the cookies refreshed? Regardless, I feel AM is extremely fair and always looking to build relationships versus making a few extra bucks on a sale. This is the reason why I always come back to AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2016, 04:13 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
Not sure what you are looking at... Mustang Cold Air Intake w/ 95mm MAF & Tuner (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping is exactly what you mentioned, priced at $745.99. Maybe your browser just needed to have the cookies refreshed? Regardless, I feel AM is extremely fair and always looking to build relationships versus making a few extra bucks on a sale. This is the reason why I always come back to AM.
He is referring to the 2015 package.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 05-03-2016, 04:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My bad, missed that you are looking at the 15-16 models. But still, if you were to mention that to an AM rep, I'm sure they would take care of you.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is for the S550 mustang it was originally posted there but then moved
Old 05-03-2016, 04:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I would like to add that I love AM and do almost all my business with them and I did use some strong wording in ripping us off or making it seem intentional. its just with three different people of the chat where you talk to a "mustang expert" they all had no idea why but acknowdged the mistake and nothing has been changed. Also I asked them if they could find out why for me and never got a response even though I was told I would.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016MustangGT View Post
I would like to add that I love AM and do almost all my business with them and I did use some strong wording in ripping us off or making it seem intentional. its just with three different people of the chat where you talk to a "mustang expert" they all had no idea why but acknowdged the mistake and nothing has been changed. Also I asked them if they could find out why for me and never got a response even though I was told I would.
I would advise asking to speak with a supervisor. Sometimes you just have to be firm when dealing with customer service reps (in general), as their job is mostly scripted.

Let us know how things turn out with your interactions.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would advise asking to speak with a supervisor. Sometimes you just have to be firm when dealing with customer service reps (in general), as their job is mostly scripted.

Let us know how things turn out with your interactions.
I just called and the rep I talked to completely agreed that there was an issue there and a clear unnecessary price difference. Unfortunately though even after really trying the best I could do was have a sort of complaint form filed explaining the situation. Its disappointing though that with a clear problem that's all I was able to get done.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I just called and the rep I talked to completely agreed that there was an issue there and a clear unnecessary price difference. Unfortunately though even after really trying the best I could do was have a sort of complaint form filed explaining the situation. Its disappointing though that with a clear problem that's all I was able to get done.
Usually the person on the phone doesn't have the capability to change prices on the website. That has to be done through IT, which is why the form would have to be filled. And they probably put in a work order for it also. And i'm sure once Alex on here sees this he will make sure it gets done.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 05-03-2016, 05:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Usually the person on the phone doesn't have the capability to change prices on the website. That has to be done through IT, which is why the form would have to be filled. And they probably put in a work order for it also. And i'm sure once Alex on here sees this he will make sure it gets done.
I know I was just hoping that maybe something a little bit bigger than a complaint was possible like talking to a supervisor but this is a good start!
Old 05-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
What were you hoping would happen? It's not like you're personally out anything, so you really don't have a "complaint". I'd be willing to bet it was a mistake on their part, seeing how other packages are priced cheaper than this particular example.

You've brought it to their attention and they acknowledged that it didn't seem correct. I'm sure they'll notify whoever the "boss" is that oversees this sort of thing and it will be looked into and dealt with accordingly.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodor View Post
What were you hoping would happen? It's not like you're personally out anything, so you really don't have a "complaint". I'd be willing to bet it was a mistake on their part, seeing how other packages are priced cheaper than this particular example.

You've brought it to their attention and they acknowledged that it didn't seem correct. I'm sure they'll notify whoever the "boss" is that oversees this sort of thing and it will be looked into and dealt with accordingly.
Well just cause it doesn't affect me doesn't mean its not important! I'm sure this is a very popular product and every time someone buys the package they are overcharged $25.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

It sounds like they took it as seriously as they could, by submitting a form which likely has an intuitive life cycle on AM's backend. I wouldn't be surprised if this got adjusted by next week.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
How long after you told them did you post this? If in the same day then back up sit down and relax. They will make it right. The rep on the chat or phone can only so much then they need to pass it up the food chain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Old 05-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
How long after you told them did you post this? If in the same day then back up sit down and relax. They will make it right. The rep on the chat or phone can only so much then they need to pass it up the food chain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I had been told the same thing two times by Mustang experts on the chat in the website about 2-3 weeks ago!
Old 05-04-2016, 06:33 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I had been told the same thing two times by Mustang experts on the chat in the website about 2-3 weeks ago!
OK then you post this in hope of? If you have been on this forum for very long you know you could have PM'd Alex and let him know of the problem. Posting they are trying to rip you off is well childish. It would have been better saying something like Hey how come the price difference from 10-14 and the 15/16. It will get taken care of I am sure of that. Also if you have over 50 post you PM Alex and will get a discount code. Maybe you should have add your concern to that message.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Old 05-04-2016, 06:39 AM   #18
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Alex will take care of it. It's a shame other at AM can't but Alex will. You'll find AM has a lot of love on this forum it's for a reason.

side note: I watched the video of the Stang/Raptor giveaway watching that car spin the tires in 3rd at 4krpms...my V6 don't do that.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Alex will take care of it. It's a shame other at AM can't but Alex will. You'll find AM has a lot of love on this forum it's for a reason.

side note: I watched the video of the Stang/Raptor giveaway watching that car spin the tires in 3rd at 4krpms...my V6 don't do that.

Do you have LCAs? Lol

Instagram: @v6beast
Old 05-04-2016, 07:43 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Do you have LCAs? Lol

Instagram: @v6beast
Get those LCA's!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 08:47 AM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Clearly a mistake on American Muscles part. I'm sure it will be fixed when they find out the goof they did.
When I worked at a Bike shop and we had stuff to get rid of.
I would raise the price, throw it in a shopping cart with a "SALE" sign on the items and people would flock to buy them. Worked every time.
Dishonest "NO" attention getter "YES"
All the stores do things like this now, Buy one get one free is not always a bargain. Go to Walmart and buy two of the items cheaper.
I don't think this is the case with AM and the AirAid Tuner packages
Ronnie
Old 05-04-2016, 10:47 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Get those LCA's!

Just a near stock 3.7
Attach LCAs to everything!
Old 05-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attach LCAs to everything!
I did! I have LCA's attached all over the place. I actually have 4 different sets of LCA's on my pony at once. Wheel hop is completely gone but for some reason my car won't go over 90 mph! I had a Geo metro suck the door paint off me the other day! Any advice?

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did! I have LCA's attached all over the place. I actually have 4 different sets of LCA's on my pony at once. Wheel hop is completely gone but for some reason my car won't go over 90 mph! I had a Geo metro suck the door paint off me the other day! Any advice?

Just a near stock 3.7
Apply more LCAs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ekso-bionic-suit-exoskelton-iron-man.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	200580  
Old 05-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
*Edited by choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
OK then you post this in hope of? If you have been on this forum for very long you know you could have PM'd Alex and let him know of the problem. Posting they are trying to rip you off is well childish. It would have been better saying something like Hey how come the price difference from 10-14 and the 15/16. It will get taken care of I am sure of that. Also if you have over 50 post you PM Alex and will get a discount code. Maybe you should have add your concern to that message.
Missed this earlier. Couldn't agree more.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:59 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

The OP wigged out last night on a second thread they created that was the same topic as this one. The OP claimed he was leaving off here because he was all butt hurt.

That guy was 6 chicken nuggets short of a 6 piece Happy meal

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #27
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
The OP wigged out last night on a second thread they created that was the same topic as this one. The OP claimed he was leaving off here because he was all butt hurt.

That guy was 6 chicken nuggets short of a 6 piece Happy meal

Just a near stock 3.7

Lmao that's great

Grabber Blue
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 05-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #28
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Many people who have looked for parts on american muscle have probably seen the package deal for a CAI with a tuner.

They push this "deal" pretty hard on the website and especially if you click on a "high performance" CAI. Now in my opinion a CAI isn't even worth it but I noticed that you would save money if you bought the same exact tuner and the same exact CAI as in the package separately.

C&L Racer cold air intake $375+Bama xf/sf4 tuner $400=$775
C&L Racer + Bama x4/sf4 Package= $799!

My understanding is packages are normally supposed to be cheaper or at least the same price as individually buying things. I don't know wether they are trying to rip us off by putting some extra money in popular products or if its an honest mistake.

Just wanted to make this post to give you guys a warning and to say buy those items separately if you are going to purchase them!
this is for a 2015+ mustang.

@2016MustangGT

Sorry to see and hear about this too it's definitely irregular as well, we're not trying to tip anyone off at all!

I'm more than happy to have a quote set up on either here if you'd just drop me a line.

I'm make sure that this makes its way to the appropriate teams too.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
@2016MustangGT

Sorry to see and hear about this too it's definitely irregular as well, we're not trying to tip anyone off at all!

I'm more than happy to have a quote set up on either here if you'd just drop me a line.

I'm make sure that this makes its way to the appropriate teams too.

Alex
Alex, This guy left the forum. He was just a troll!

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7
In all honesty, the guy was getting pushed around prior to his explosion... Although he took an awful stance on his argument to begin with, implying that AM is a bunch of swindling thieves... Probably just a youngster who is unfamiliar with mature online interactions as well as the legitimacy of AM.

Regardless, @AMAlexLazarus if you could appropriately dispatch this as a ticket on your backend, that'd be great.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just a near stock 3.7
Did that other thread get locked for any specific reason? It was a gold mine, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard reading one of these threads
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
Old 05-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
Did that other thread get locked for any specific reason? It was a gold mine, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard reading one of these threads
It got locked down tighter than Fort Knox! It was hilarious.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 05-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
Because people were having adverse reactions to how hard they were laughing, most likely.

That **** had me all giggly even when I woke up this morning... lol.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Hang the TROLL!

Quote:
--------------------------------------
Funny, Troll is stating he s AM. He does almost all of his business with them. Funny he doesn't mention anything about the 6% discount.

Just another Whiner!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Because people were having adverse reactions to how hard they were laughing, most likely.

That **** had me all giggly even when I woke up this morning... lol.
I'm still laughing about it.

Just a near stock 3.7
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle