Base GT Tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana
Base GT Tires

Until I get a chance to upgrade wheels/tires, I'm going to run with the stock all season 235/50's. In most cases stock tires don't respond well to a big burnout so I just basically clean them off but ive heard these tires actually benefit from a good burnout. Can someone clarify please?

Dbsaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Ohio
I have heard people say both... I can say that I felt like I was getting better traction after doing a burnout, but it was very cold (42 degrees).

Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Kentucky
Most of my racing has been on street tires, in my opinion I always got a better launch and could push the car harder by just cleaning them and barely warming them, basically just popping it to the floor for just a second and letting off, that works best for me, just make sure you slightly take out the slack in your drive train, that slack will make a street tire break traction like a freak lol
Dancobra75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Texas
On the stock pirellis I did well when doing a 4-5 sec burn...
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Region: Illinois
I have always heard NOT to do a burnout on street tires as they tend to lose traction at high temps...a quick spin to dry them of after the water box has always worked best for me..or avoid the water box all together!..
IMO I dont think 42° is too cold,but trying to hook on street tires is always an issue!.
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Region: Ohio
Some people tell me that burnouts will just make street tires slicker. Others say these tires respond well to heat. I personally just avoid the waterbox and give it a quick spin to remove debris. I think I get decent traction for street tires. I suggest doing 2 runs, with and without a burnout and seeing what works best for you. Either way, practice launching at different rpms to see what gives you the best 60'.

1988 GT - Stock

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track