AutoX setup - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
AutoX setup

So, I'm gonna start racing my car in autocross this march, and for my 2004 v6 to stay in the F-stock classification, all I can change are shocks, tires, and ignition components. Where can I get the cheapest set of adjustable koni shocks or similar. Also, I have some good summer tires that I'm gonna use, I was just wondering how long a 320 tread life tire is gonna last in autocross.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: AutoX setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
So, I'm gonna start racing my car in autocross this march, and for my 2004 v6 to stay in the F-stock classification, all I can change are shocks, tires, and ignition components. Where can I get the cheapest set of adjustable koni shocks or similar. Also, I have some good summer tires that I'm gonna use, I was just wondering how long a 320 tread life tire is gonna last in autocross.
well i know that your not gonna find koni yellows for cheap. theryre in too high demand. i got mine from stranoparts.com. not even sure if theyre in stock or not bc of how slow koni is in producing them

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well then what about some other good adjustable shocks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well then what about some other good adjustable shocks?
konis are the best you can get for our cars. i know some people that had the adjustable tokio d-specs and switched to the konis and said it was definitely worth it. but the next ones you should check out should be the d-specs

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I guess I'll add some more info. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so about $250-$300 is my limit. Im getting a new car by next December, I just want to be able to play around with this and just need a good upgrade over stock.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

And I also don't care what brand. I just want it to handle well for the price
Old 10-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I guess I'll add some more info. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so about $250-$300 is my limit. Im getting a new car by next December, I just want to be able to play around with this and just need a good upgrade over stock.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

And I also don't care what brand. I just want it to handle well for the price
yea for that kind of money you cant get adjustables. the most youll be able to get would be stiffer ones. and honestly if your just getting into autox, learn the car first before you start upgrading parts. the biggest mod is the driver mod, and i promise youll be having enough fun at the beginning to just enjoy it as it is without needing better shocks

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 10-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718

yea for that kind of money you cant get adjustables. the most youll be able to get would be stiffer ones. and honestly if your just getting into autox, learn the car first before you start upgrading parts. the biggest mod is the driver mod, and i promise youll be having enough fun at the beginning to just enjoy it as it is without needing better shocks
Well yeah, I already love throwing my car around corners. My car is just at 104k miles and I need to replace them anyways...
Old 10-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well yeah, I already love throwing my car around corners. My car is just at 104k miles and I need to replace them anyways...
ah gotcha. well the full koni set from strano is 405 for the non adjustable set. steeda also sells a non adjustable set for 394

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 10-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718

ah gotcha. well the full koni set from strano is 405 for the non adjustable set. steeda also sells a non adjustable set for 394
Hmm. I'll have to look into that, I might be able to get my parents to pay for part since they pay for part if my repairs...
Old 10-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Go out and drive. For that kinda money you won't get anything worth while. If your just going to have to buy something with that budget then get a thicker front sway bar, which is also stock legal. This will help keep the front more level and provide better rear grip in turns. Also I'm not 100% but the older v6 mustangs run in gs or hs, not fs.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track