1/4 mile times - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverBullet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 185
Re: 1/4 mile times

New best 2night!!

11.97 @ 115
1.63 60'
[IMG][/IMG]
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet12
New best 2night!!

11.97 @ 115
1.63 60'
[/URL][/IMG]
Pretty good dude!!!

I assume modest mods...
Tune/drag radials.
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverBullet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 185
Re: 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
Pretty good dude!!!

I assume modest mods...
Tune/drag radials.

Thanks!!

yep



Airaid CAI
Lund Tune
Borla S Type Catback
MT ET STreet pro radials
factory 3.73s and 6 MT
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet12 View Post
New best 2night!!

11.97 @ 115
1.63 60'
[IMG][/IMG]
Congrats man!!! Been watching ya' for months. I didn't go tonight though.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by janorton05 View Post
14.1 @ 101mph in my bone stock 05 gt
I hit 14.2 ,,you did that stock,,wow,,i had the SCT tuner in mine,,I figured in the mid 13s when i went to the track ,,boy i got a realty check,,the track will hurt your feelings,,all i did was blow out tires ,,best time was with the traction controll on

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyhill View Post
13.6 2006 with a m90 roushcharger. Stock tires
wow really,,i figured alot faster with that set up
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 167
I think it depends a lot on driving skills. Lol
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bennyhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 275
Ya they claim a 427r will do a 12.8. Mine was a stock mustang with just the m90 blower at 4-5psi boost. I was disappointed too. But I did beat a number of cars that night. A Charger, 300m, 2004 cobra..
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii
Not bad Dgoe. What was the 60?
I don't recall, I lost the slip awhile ago. I think it was maybe a 2.1. I'm excited to get my 3.55 gears I just bought installed so I can run consistent 13s
Dgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post
I hit 14.2 ,,you did that stock,,wow,,i had the SCT tuner in mine,,I figured in the mid 13s when i went to the track ,,boy i got a realty check,,the track will hurt your feelings,,all i did was blow out tires ,,best time was with the traction controll on

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------



wow really,,i figured alot faster with that set up
Your 60 was all the issue. 13s easily with a 1.9XX
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #115
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Updated best...

2004 Mach1
Flowmaster muffler delete
JLT CAI
91R Bama tune

13.79 @ 97.96mph <-- missed 4th again
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
How do people miss gears?? Especially w a direct bolt shifter? I can some what understand it using these dumb *** remote shifters but even then I don't see how folks miss... it's the same pattern over and over again... it's not like first gear is straight up 2nd is a zigzag and 3rd is a S shape... grind 2nd OK I get it... but miss gears that's just crazy talk


I'm not being ugly... just don't understand it....
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
How do people miss gears?? Especially w a direct bolt shifter? I can some what understand it using these dumb *** remote shifters but even then I don't see how folks miss... it's the same pattern over and over again... it's not like first gear is straight up 2nd is a zigzag and 3rd is a S shape... grind 2nd OK I get it... but miss gears that's just crazy talk


I'm not being ugly... just don't understand it....
At high rpm and especially after a big burn out, it can be difficult to entire gear at high rpm. 3rd gear has also been notoriously finicky in Mustangs for years. The Mustang transmission is easily one of the worst I have ever encountered.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #118
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
How do people miss gears?? Especially w a direct bolt shifter? I can some what understand it using these dumb *** remote shifters but even then I don't see how folks miss... it's the same pattern over and over again... it's not like first gear is straight up 2nd is a zigzag and 3rd is a S shape... grind 2nd OK I get it... but miss gears that's just crazy talk

I'm not being ugly... just don't understand it....
Haha, your always ugly! j/k It was my synchros. They were pretty beat up and I'd get frequent blocks from 1-2 and from 3-4. I actually have a new tranny that was just put in last week. Gotta wait till next season for another turn at the track. New clutch break-in and all.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Updated best...

2004 Mach1
Flowmaster muffler delete
JLT CAI
91R Bama tune

13.79 @ 97.96mph <-- missed 4th again
Why are u shifting into 4th? Did u upgrade gears? My mach is trapping 106-108 right at the top of 3rd.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #120
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post

Why are u shifting into 4th? Did u upgrade gears? My mach is trapping 106-108 right at the top of 3rd.
Yup, I got 3.73s. I need to go to 4th pretty close to the end cause I would go past my redline.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
I guess that makes sense... only mustang's I've been to the track with all had tremec tkos n em.... maybe that's why it's weird to me
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Yup, I got 3.73s. I need to go to 4th pretty close to the end cause I would go past my redline.
Mhmm. I like that i get past it in 3rd so ill def be keeping the stock gearing. I was suppose to be at the track today but we got rained out. But there is bracket racing tomorrow which I'm going for.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #123
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post

Mhmm. I like that i get past it in 3rd so ill def be keeping the stock gearing. I was suppose to be at the track today but we got rained out. But there is bracket racing tomorrow which I'm going for.
They had 3.73s when I bought, but I think I would have been happy with 3.55s too.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

They had 3.73s when I bought, but I think I would have been happy with 3.55s too.
My buddy has the 410 in his gt and while it's fun on the road, he runs out of puff at the track. As soon as he hits fourth you can feel it just kinda stop haha.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #125
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
My buddy has the 410 in his gt and while it's fun on the road, he runs out of puff at the track. As soon as he hits fourth you can feel it just kinda stop haha.
Yeah, mine feels a little like that too after like two runs down the track. That last best would have been ~13.4 if I didn't get a block going to 4th. I would have been happy with that. I'm pretty much stock except gears.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
What's ur elevation? My best is a 13.4 @108 with a 2.7 60' (bad oily track and **** sumiutomos) @5600ft
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #127
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Re: 1/4 mile times

Round here it's ~750ft. 2.197 is my best 60ft. You have more HP than I have, plus your crappy track prep you mentioned. I'm running 275's Goodyear F1's out back.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
What's ur elevation? My best is a 13.4 @108 with a 2.7 60' (bad oily track and **** sumiutomos) @5600ft
WHat are your mods????? 2.7 60 AND 108 for JUST a 13.4 At 5600 feet?

That means your car is easily 12.0. 11.99 or faster in sea level conditions.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

WHat are your mods????? 2.7 60 AND 108 for JUST a 13.4 At 5600 feet?

That means your car is easily 12.0. 11.99 or faster in sea level conditions.
I haven't got a clue. The engine was ripped apart by the previous owner. As far as I know for sure its a intake tune catback car. I ran yesterday with a safe tune for bracket racing and was a little disappointed. Had a couple 0.03 reaction times and a 2.1x 60' but had a best time of 13.6x @ 104.xx I was running on different gas and i think that may have played a part in it but whatever. I'm on new 275 40 17 falken fk 452 rubber a I spun the hell out of 2nd and chirped 3rd hard enough the course marshals thought I broke haha. I'm going to post time slips as soon as they're up online bc I left mine in the restaurant by accident unfortunately dammit. I'm planning on going to a track at 300' next year so that should be interesting. If i can get into 12s with it ill be pleasantly surprised. There was an auto 2012 gt the night before and his best was a 14.1 @ 101 with I think a 2.2 60 for reference.

On another note, there was a legitimate 2012 super cobra jet there that made 2 passes. 8.99 and 8.98. Crazy fast. Fastest run of the day was 7.11
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
swilliams500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 48
Re: 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
Got forged internals with a ford racing supercharger putting 563rwhp got 3.73, full exhaust put it all short everything mechanical has been touched somehow lol
Beast with a warranty! Nice!

Was glad to see some good times posted, was getting rather leary with all the 13+ posts. Still want to know what mine will do stock before I start my mods.
swilliams500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: 1/4 mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliams500 View Post
Beast with a warranty! Nice!

Was glad to see some good times posted, was getting rather leary with all the 13+ posts. Still want to know what mine will do stock before I start my mods.
13+ IS what a stock 4.6 is going to do.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 254
Yea mine is nowhere near stock the only stock thing that is stock is the body lol
Blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blown347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 254
Damn I wish mine had a warranty lol
__________________

1992 Fox 5.0 S/C 347, The Beast!
1995 GT 5.0 all stock, 168k miles, the beater!
1998 Cobra, Atlantic Blue, 21k orig miles, all original!
Blown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mxwilly387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 80
What you guys think an 03 mach1 with k&n cold air, steeda short throw, magnaflow exhaust from the headers back, superchips tuner and most importantly good driver would do in a 1/4 mile? I'm new to this and actually rebuilding mine after only having it for a month spun 3 rod bearings
Mxwilly387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bennyhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxwilly387
What you guys think an 03 mach1 with k&n cold air, steeda short throw, magnaflow exhaust from the headers back, superchips tuner and most importantly good driver would do in a 1/4 mile? I'm new to this and actually rebuilding mine after only having it for a month spun 3 rod bearings
13-14
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mxwilly387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 80
Hopefully on the lower side of that, my 03 stock gt I had ran 14.4 and the difference between the two is night and day difference. Can't wait to drive her again
Mxwilly387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #137
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxwilly387 View Post
Hopefully on the lower side of that, my 03 stock gt I had ran 14.4 and the difference between the two is night and day difference. Can't wait to drive her again
My best is 13.79 with missing 4th right near the end of the 1/4. That's with street tires and a 2.197 60ft. Hopefully not getting blocks anymore now that I have a new tranny. Get a complete run with solid 2.1 60ft and I bet I'd be ~13.4. I'm not gonna put on drag radials cause I have a stock rear diff. You put DR's on there and get a 1.9 60ft and you should be able to get closer to 13 flat.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mxwilly387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 80
I have the fr500 wheels and nitto 295/45-18 in back not sure what nitto tires tho but they was new when I got the car lol only put about 2000 miles on it and motor messed up but bout have that worked out now. Crank turned with some Manley H beam rods can't wait to hear it run again
Mxwilly387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxwilly387
I have the fr500 wheels and nitto 295/45-18 in back not sure what nitto tires tho but they was new when I got the car lol only put about 2000 miles on it and motor messed up but bout have that worked out now. Crank turned with some Manley H beam rods can't wait to hear it run again
Should be wide enough rubber for a good 60'. If i was you I would plan on a 13.6+- a bit. My best is a 13.4 @108.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mxwilly387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Should be wide enough rubber for a good 60'. If i was you I would plan on a 13.6+- a bit. My best is a 13.4 @108.
What kind of car do you have and what mods?
Mxwilly387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quarter mile times 98projectpony At the Track 2 12-05-2011 10:34 AM
1/4 mile 2005GT 2005-2010 Mustang GT 21 11-28-2011 09:41 PM
Full bolt on 1/4 mile time! Benzo 2011-2014 Mustang GT 36 10-11-2011 10:46 AM
10.3 1/4 mile on sunday jkn0dler General Mustang Discussion 14 08-25-2011 06:28 AM
1/4 mile times superboondee 1996-2004 Mustang GT 2 06-29-2011 03:43 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.