vert rules - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
vert rules

So I was wondering what are the safety regulations for convertibles.I only ever plan on doing quarter mile runs and not frequently.I think that I read a 6 point cage is required a lot sooner than a hard top car.maybe 13.49?also is there anything else I need to know.
By time my car makes its first pass it should do better than 13.5.if that is the rule maybe I will just practice launches first until I get good 60 foots then ill go all out.
One more thing what happens if you do break out without the proper safety requirments?do u get banned for good or just until up to date?
I appreciate any knowledge on the subject.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: vert rules

Convertible has to have at least a 5 point (the 5th being the door bar on the driver side) but you might as well do a 6 point. Since there is no hard top we have to put one in at 13.49. Once you put the cage in you also will need a 5 point harness rather than your 3 point seat belt.

If you do break out it depends upon the track. Most will let you run that day for test and tune, but sanctioned events will usually cause you to get pulled that day. The track I usually go to let a friend make multiple passes, and then the starter warned him he had to lift or he would be done. After making another 12.7 pass they told him he was done until he had the cage. But the next season when I was making 12.6 and 12.7 passes they let me keep going - more than likely because I am a regular there, and when I showed up this year with my 6 point they said "glad to see you have that, we were going to have to say something if you didn't have it this year".

Last year I made one pass at 13.2 at another track and when I lined up again the tech inspector came over and said "you can finish out today, but don't come back without the cage"

So you don't get banned for ever - just have to get the safety equipment.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Road Trip!

That's good to know.I would only be doing TNT.appreciate the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
If you're goin to 41 im sure they'll just let you know next time you go you need a cage...just run time only find out what you're running and you can probably run all night...
When I was there with my friends in our 14-15 second cars they didnt care what we did!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
If you're goin to 41 im sure they'll just let you know next time you go you need a cage...just run time only find out what you're running and you can probably run all night...
When I was there with my friends in our 14-15 second cars they didnt care what we did!..
Yeah.its a pretty hilbilly track.but that's why I like it.I'm hopingfor high 12s after my s/c install.I need an front end alignment and still need a lot of parts for my s/c so hopefully I get it done by summer or quicker so we can go run em.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track