passtime game - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
passtime game

i know people always want to know what there car should run before they take it to the track. i have seen people on here and other forums ask "what will my car run" .so i figured why not make a thread for it. just state your setup and let us guess away. then once you get a chance to take it to the track you can let us know what you did.

it will be a while before i get to go. but ill start

88 5.0
.030 over
b303 cam
trickflow 170 heads
scorpion 1.72 rr
weiand stealth intake
670 holley carb
holley adjustable fuel reg
ud pulleys
ac + smog delete
full msd setup

short throw shifter
king cobra clutch
3.73 gears
all kyb shocks and struts
umi rear lower lift bars
subframe connectors
custom x bracing

lighter seats
fiberglass hood
fiberglass spoiler
weld draglite rims (much lighter than stock)

i also have 10" slicks lined up from my cousin to launch on.
i maybe missing some stuff to but that the basics that would help me with speed.

guess away! i am curious and hopefully everyone joins in with there setups.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,223
Re: passtime game

Depending upon your experience, track prep, and how well you hook up with those slicks - I'm always bad at these guesses but I'll say 11.2 - your write up sounds like you haven't made many passes yet, or am I reading too much into it?

That's the nice thing on PassTime, you get to ask at least one question to help but a little difficult on a forum like this. Almost made it on when they were at Milan. They walked up and got all excited and said "you have a Whipple too!" after looking at the Mustang next to me - but I had to tell them it wasn't a whipple and so they chose the other guy.

My set up:

2006 convertible
4.0L V6
Automatic
Stock bottom and top ends of the engine
Xcharger Xtreme, 2.6" pulley with 10 - 12 lbs of boost
Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft
8.8" rear end with 3.55's
J&M HotPart LCA's and adjustable UCA
UMI Performance relocation brackets
275 - 50x15 Mickey Thompson ET Streets on 15" Jegs Sport Star wheels (stock wheels up front, can't get my skinnies and 15's to fit after replacing the rotors, still need to grind some more material off)
Full interior
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
i know people always want to know what there car should run before they take it to the track. i have seen people on here and other forums ask "what will my car run" .so i figured why not make a thread for it. just state your setup and let us guess away. then once you get a chance to take it to the track you can let us know what you did.

it will be a while before i get to go. but ill start

88 5.0
.030 over
b303 cam
trickflow 170 heads
scorpion 1.72 rr
weiand stealth intake
670 holley carb
holley adjustable fuel reg
ud pulleys
ac + smog delete
full msd setup

short throw shifter
king cobra clutch
3.73 gears
all kyb shocks and struts
umi rear lower lift bars
subframe connectors
custom x bracing

lighter seats
fiberglass hood
fiberglass spoiler
weld draglite rims (much lighter than stock)

i also have 10" slicks lined up from my cousin to launch on.
i maybe missing some stuff to but that the basics that would help me with speed.

guess away! i am curious and hopefully everyone joins in with there setups.
I'm gonna say mid 12s possibly lower
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Depending upon your experience, track prep, and how well you hook up with those slicks - I'm always bad at these guesses but I'll say 11.2 - your write up sounds like you haven't made many passes yet, or am I reading too much into it?

That's the nice thing on PassTime, you get to ask at least one question to help but a little difficult on a forum like this. Almost made it on when they were at Milan. They walked up and got all excited and said "you have a Whipple too!" after looking at the Mustang next to me - but I had to tell them it wasn't a whipple and so they chose the other guy.

My set up:

2006 convertible
4.0L V6
Automatic
Stock bottom and top ends of the engine
Xcharger Xtreme, 2.6" pulley with 10 - 12 lbs of boost
Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft
8.8" rear end with 3.55's
J&M HotPart LCA's and adjustable UCA
UMI Performance relocation brackets
275 - 50x15 Mickey Thompson ET Streets on 15" Jegs Sport Star wheels (stock wheels up front, can't get my skinnies and 15's to fit after replacing the rotors, still need to grind some more material off)
Full interior
Man that's a toughy. Super charged v6. I am a Fox guy. But ill guess mid 12s maybe.
Hopefully mine runs 12s . That's what I'm shooting for.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,223
Re: passtime game

Not a bad day at the track today - not great and not close to my best of 12.6. The track was cold and prep wasn't the best. I spun the drag radials on several launches. But did manage several 12.9's, running quicker than the 5.0's that were there much to their surprise after seeing the "4.0" badge under the hood and counting the wires on the coil pack to confirm.

Need to get some new drag radials though - when I got home and took them off one is showing some cord.

Here are time slips, and a picture of the odometer showing that I started the day with over 201,000 miles on the car

And thanks for starting this thread Dreamstang, it was a good idea I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lapeer 4-21-20120001.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	47768   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03343.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	47769  

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Not a bad day at the track today - not great and not close to my best of 12.6. The track was cold and prep wasn't the best. I spun the drag radials on several launches. But did manage several 12.9's, running quicker than the 5.0's that were there much to their surprise after seeing the "4.0" badge under the hood and counting the wires on the coil pack to confirm.

Need to get some new drag radials though - when I got home and took them off one is showing some cord.

Here are time slips, and a picture of the odometer showing that I started the day with over 201,000 miles on the car

And thanks for starting this thread Dreamstang, it was a good idea I think.
nice job jim. the 5.0 guys were pretty upset im sure. i guess i wasnt to far off on my guess. it may be a little bit till i get to the track. today was the first major driving i have done since i assembled my motor and suspension. and hopefully everyone else digs the thread to. i like trying to guess. whenever im spectating at the track me and my buddies try to guess all the cars. its a little easier there when you can see and hear the car.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,223
Re: passtime game

The track photographer sent me some shots from yesterday. I think since he has his watermark on them they can be posted. I'm trying to decide which of the big supply of shots to buy from him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_7403.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	47860   Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_7442.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	47861  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_7451.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	47862   Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_7661.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	47863  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_7735.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	47864   Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_7736.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	47865  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_7816.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	47866   Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_8161.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	47867  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_7746.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	47868   Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2_7461.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	47869  

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
i like the tire smoke and when your launching. im on my ipad but for me its the second and third pic.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,223
Re: passtime game

Thanks - this is just a small sample of the shots he sent to me. I had to run with the stock wheels and tires up front, because when I did the brake job the center hat on the new rotors must be shorter and the front wheels hit the caliper. I tried grinding and they still rub. So without the skinnies I didn't get any air under the front tire, and the extra rotating weight brought my time up just a little.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
89Saleen141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 151
Re: passtime game

Yeah great idea dreamstang, btw JimC that is one nice looking stang. Have you ever gotten it dyno'd or weighed?
89Saleen141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,223
Re: passtime game

Thanks 89saleen - I weighed it last year and with me in the car it was something like 3715 lbs (can't remember for sure right now). Last time on the dyno, on a very rich tune so a lot is left on the table, it put 293 RWHP and 313 torque; the AFR at WOT shows 10.0 to 10.5 so it is really rich. Based upon the times and the weight, it probably actually has a little more RWHP and torque than the reading said.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: passtime game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
The track photographer sent me some shots from yesterday. I think since he has his watermark on them they can be posted. I'm trying to decide which of the big supply of shots to buy from him.
A little off topic, but what are the dimensions of your Super Snake Stripe?
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,223
Re: passtime game

1 inch pinstripe, 1 inch border, and the stripe in the middle is 18"
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:39 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.