auto x - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
auto x

I am getting into auto x and love it. I have a 03 gt with a big 5.4l in it. I want to know what supension you guys run and how well you like it. Thanks
03gt5.4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: auto x

Stillen sway bars. 1 inch Ford Springs. J&M LCAs with Freedomracing's Adj. panhard bar. Nitto 255/18 275/18.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Griggs racing coilovers front, Griggs racing springs tockiko 5 way adjustable in the back, eiback front and rear sway bars, maximum motorsports k member, maximum motorsports cc plates, front nittos 265 and back 305 Hoosiers
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Subscribed.

I used to run my '95 Probe GT & loved it. Looking forward to dodging cones again in the '13 GT. I think I'll stick to stock for a bit--gotta get a handle on the 420HP first.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Griggs racing coilovers front, Griggs racing springs tockiko 5 way adjustable in the back, eiback front and rear sway bars, maximum motorsports k member, maximum motorsports cc plates, front nittos 265 and back 305 Hoosiers
Did the swaybars get rid of the horrid body roll cause the now call me captain body roll at the track and id like to change that.lol
Old 07-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gt5.4l

Did the swaybars get rid of the horrid body roll cause the now call me captain body roll at the track and id like to change that.lol
It did somewhat. The maximum motorsports k member is what really helped out the most
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

One thought. You said you're getting into autocross, so I'll assume you have not done much if any performance driving? I'd wait on any suspension mods and work on tuning the loose nut behind the wheel first. I raced the Probe for two years before touching the suspension--I was slow at first and when I moved from GS to STX I was fighting for a win most events. Then I was slow again (Probe was not the best car in that class & past its prime).

As much as I want to mod the Mustang's suspension, I do want to run a few events to get myself dialed in again.

Basically, you don't want to be chasing a suspension tune when you really need to be working on technique.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk
One thought. You said you're getting into autocross, so I'll assume you have not done much if any performance driving? I'd wait on any suspension mods and work on tuning the loose nut behind the wheel first. I raced the Probe for two years before touching the suspension--I was slow at first and when I moved from GS to STX I was fighting for a win most events. Then I was slow again (Probe was not the best car in that class & past its prime).

As much as I want to mod the Mustang's suspension, I do want to run a few events to get myself dialed in again.

Basically, you don't want to be chasing a suspension tune when you really need to be working on technique.
I have been into racing since I was 5. I've raced moto cross, hydroplane boats, high speed karts, and I haven't missed a weekend of drag racing for two years now. The one event that I raced auto x I placed 3rd. I could prolly use a litlle more time on the track with my car but that don't mean that getting rid of the horrible body roll isn't gonna help. I do understand were ur coming from though..... the drivers skill has most to do with winning.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well, then you already know what you need.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track