First AutoX - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
First AutoX

Participated in my first AutoX event today!.. Must say that I'm now hooked on that too!.. Anyone else on here do any AutoX or road course events?.. If so got any tips or tricks to shave off some more time?..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1192577341.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	62236   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3483899847.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	62237  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1299006794.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	62238   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3743031503.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	62239  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2582759022.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	62240   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3197211225.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	62241  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1710771778.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	332.5 KB
ID:	62242   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4034355406.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	62243  

Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
That looks fun!!!

Did my first drag strip run today... Fun too, but I think Auto x will be where I'll keep building the car up to handle (with eventual road course use).
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Ya it was a ton of fun!.. Going back tomorrow for round two!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Justasix98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 370
I wish we held events like that here in Oklahoma..
__________________
Just A Sixxer!
Proud member of WickedStangs Okc Chapter!
Justasix98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
That's awesome!!...

From what I can see in one of your pics is alot of body roll. Id say suspension upgrades will cut down your times!..front and rear sway bars will help along with springs and adjustable camber plates..
Make your ride a G-machine!!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
That's awesome!!...

From what I can see in one of your pics is alot of body roll. Id say suspension upgrades will cut down your times!..front and rear sway bars will help along with springs and adjustable camber plates..
Make your ride a G-machine!!
Ya next years "to do List" is going to be, full length sub frame connectors, upper and lower control arms, and front and rear sway bars!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Dude nice!!! I'm going to the auto x tomorw morning with a couple guys from the forum here!! It's going to be fun!! It is going to be my first time and hopefully I do good will post pics tmrw!
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Dude nice!!! I'm going to the auto x tomorw morning with a couple guys from the forum here!! It's going to be fun!! It is going to be my first time and hopefully I do good will post pics tmrw!
Enjoy it!.. You'll have blast!!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
So I went back today and posted a personal best of 59.06!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Before throwing more parts at the car get more seat time. Seat time is where most of your time will be lost.

Remember that modifications will change what class you run and quite possibly make it impossible to win.

Pax times are what really matter, raw times are just bragging rights
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Before throwing more parts at the car get more seat time. Seat time is where most of your time will be lost.

Remember that modifications will change what class you run and quite possibly make it impossible to win.

Pax times are what really matter, raw times are just bragging rights
I don't care about winning!.. Just care about improving my personal best!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #12
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Awesome bro! Looks fun! I'm gonna checkout my area for some events. I wanna check it out.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
Re: First AutoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Before throwing more parts at the car get more seat time. Seat time is where most of your time will be lost.

Remember that modifications will change what class you run and quite possibly make it impossible to win.

Pax times are what really matter, raw times are just bragging rights
What he said. Leave the car alone for now & work on your driving.

It is a lot of fun. I need to get mine out cone-dodging soon. I miss it.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk

What he said. Leave the car alone for now & work on your driving.

It is a lot of fun. I need to get mine out cone-dodging soon. I miss it.
Well seeing as me and my car were only about 3 sec. slower than two other Mustangs!.. One being an '01 BULLIT and the other an '02 GT, both putting down more power than me, and with modified suspensions (my suspension is basically stock)!.. I would say my car is pretty much at it's limit right now!.. And like I said before!.. I don't care about winning, I just care about modifying my car to make it better and to improve my times!.. I race against myself and no one else!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Well seeing as me and my car were only about 3 sec. slower than two other Mustangs!.. One being an '01 BULLIT and the other an '02 GT, both putting down more power than me, and with modified suspensions (my suspension is basically stock)!.. I would say my car is pretty much at it's limit right now!.. And like I said before!.. I don't care about winning, I just care about modifying my car to make it better and to improve my times!.. I race against myself and no one else!..
I thought the same until I got walked by a ford astrovan by several seconds...
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #16
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

I thought the same until I got walked by a ford astrovan by several seconds...
Ouch! That would smart just a bit.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhagan1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 648
I know it's fun to do but what's the objective? Do you pay to do it and then win money? I would love to do something like this in my area but that would never happen.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Here's a video of my first auto x yesterday!!! http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PhWGKo1t3c0
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagan1980
I know it's fun to do but what's the objective? Do you pay to do it and then win money? I would love to do something like this in my area but that would never happen.
The point is to go out and push your car to the limits without getting busted by the cops!.. And it's even better when the cops come out to watch!... Lol. Some clubs/sanctioning bodies do have awards and trophies at the end of the year!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #20
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Here's a video of my first auto x yesterday!!! http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PhWGKo1t3c0
Very cool..I would love to do something like this, but I think I'd have to tell the people standing around to step aside as I would just go ape s#!t and drift every turn prolly smackin every cone
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Here's a video of my first auto x yesterday!!! http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PhWGKo1t3c0
Awsome dude!.. What were your times?...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Very cool..I would love to do something like this, but I think I'd have to tell the people standing around to step aside as I would just go ape s#!t and drift every turn prolly smackin every cone
Haha dude I was a little scared coming out of turns flooring it with traction control off I felt tht if I did wot I would spin out or loose control lol

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Awsome dude!.. What were your times?...
We got four runs, first time was 70 and my last and best time was 63. Evos, sti's, and miatas were all runin in mid and high 50's but they were preety well souped up
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

I thought the same until I got walked by a ford astrovan by several seconds...
Difference being is that I'm comparing myself and my car to drivers that have been doing it longer, and with more mods than me!.. Like I said, both of the other Mustangs had better suspensions than mine and putting down more power!.. Only suspension mods I've got are, front and rear strut tower bars, 4 point K-Member brace, and SWAR bar!.. The Bullit Mustang had those same mods plus, a 2 inch drop kit, aftermarket Sway bars, full length sub-frame conectors, and upper and lower control arms!.. Difference between his best time and mine was 3 seconds, and this was on the same day, same track and he has been doing this for about 5 years!.. So trust me when I say my car was right at it's limit!..

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Haha dude I was a little scared coming out of turns flooring it with traction control off I felt tht if I did wot I would spin out or loose control lol

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------



We got four runs, first time was 70 and my last and best time was 63. Evos, sti's, and miatas were all runin in mid and high 50's but they were preety well souped up
In four runs you dropped seven seconds!.. That's pretty good!.. Ya those Miatas and all are better for these events!.. But with practice and the right setup you can still get them!.. There was a guy at my event with and old Turbo 4 Thunerbird!.. All modded out and was keeping up with some modded out Miatas and a Lotus!... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Difference being is that I'm comparing myself and my car to drivers that have been doing it longer, and with more mods than me!.. Like I said, both of the other Mustangs had better suspensions than mine and putting down more power!.. Only suspension mods I've got are, front and rear strut tower bars, 4 point K-Member brace, and SWAR bar!.. The Bullit Mustang had those same mods plus, a 2 inch drop kit, aftermarket Sway bars, full length sub-frame conectors, and upper and lower control arms!.. Difference between his best time and mine was 3 seconds, and this was on the same day, same track and he has been doing this for about 5 years!.. So trust me when I say my car was right at it's limit!..

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------



In four runs you dropped seven seconds!.. That's pretty good!.. Ya those Miatas and all are better for these events!.. But with practice and the right setup you can still get them!.. There was a guy at my event with and old Turbo 4 Thunerbird!.. All modded out and was keeping up with some modded out Miatas and a Lotus!... Lol
Yea I was preety excited tht I kep gettin better times! My next mod is gears and then after tht is cobra 13' brakes!
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Yea I was preety excited tht I kep gettin better times! My next mod is gears and then after tht is cobra 13' brakes!
Me two!.. Between two days had about 12 runs and each one was better than the last!.. Next mods for me I think are going to be Sub-frame connectors, upper and lower control arms, and upgraded sway bars!.. Gears are going in last for me!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #26
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Very cool..I would love to do something like this, but I think I'd have to tell the people standing around to step aside as I would just go ape s#!t and drift every turn prolly smackin every cone
Ha! Ape ***** videos are the best
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: First AutoX

I started autox with my old 02 V6. Had a blast, was actually fairly competitive in the ESP class. With the cobra I'm way out classed and just go for fun...definitely understand.
Here's a video of me playing around on a very short autox last year.


Wish there was a vid of my last event this year. Launched on the 2 step and it was a much longer course.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
This was Bullitts run. http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=RJMrBqIG5xU
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #29
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I started autox with my old 02 V6. Had a blast, was actually fairly competitive in the ESP class. With the cobra I'm way out classed and just go for fun...definitely understand.
Here's a video of me playing around on a very short autox last year.


Wish there was a vid of my last event this year. Launched on the 2 step and it was a much longer course.
Lowflyn I saw your run and you miss shifted!...just start at 5:33 and you'll see you slipped into a low gear and over revved!..



LMMAO!!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saucywalnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justasix98
I wish we held events like that here in Oklahoma..
I you live near alva there's a big car show september 14,15,16 it says they have free dyno burnout contests auto x and drag races. I've never been but their website looks pretty good.
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Justasix98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucywalnuts

I you live near alva there's a big car show september 14,15,16 it says they have free dyno burnout contests auto x and drag races. I've never been but their website looks pretty good.
I'm in Norman but I know there's a track in Tulsa I'd love to rent out for a day. $1200 for a day, up to 5 cars per group. I'd trailer my car up there and run it lol, I love circuit.. Nice to see a fellow Oklahoman here too!
__________________
Just A Sixxer!
Proud member of WickedStangs Okc Chapter!
Justasix98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Lowflyn I saw your run and you miss shifted!...just start at 5:33 and you'll see you slipped into a low gear and over revved!..



LMMAO!!
Lol funny
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:04 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.