What will i run at the track?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
What will i run at the track??

Hey guys, im probably taking my car to the track this weekend or next but i was wondering what you guys think i will run

07 GT Auto
Pypes OR H pipe
Pypes Muffler Deletes
C&L Racer CAI
Bama Tuned


Those are my mods, if were to get 4.10s how much improvment could i see?

I have read a few things from you guys on here. Avoid water with my street tires, spin em for a few seconds. Brake and rev to 2k or so, let off brake and ease into it. Is this correct? Also TC off or on? I assume on? O/D off or on? Thanks for any input guys! I cant wait!



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120902_133050.png
Views:	290
Size:	491.7 KB
ID:	66710
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
06rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 69
i bet you run around 13.7,and after a few runs maybe 13.3.run with o/d off and keep us informed how you do.
06rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rick
i bet you run around 13.7,and after a few runs maybe 13.3.run with o/d off and keep us informed how you do.
Awesome, with 4.10's could i see 12's?
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: What will i run at the track??

I would think 14,,maybe 13.8,,alot depends on the track
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
I would think 14,,maybe 13.8,,alot depends on the track
Dang i hope atleast in the 13's
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
TC off for shur, 14.5 first time out I'm guessing. If you leave with a 13.5 you should be very proud, let us know how it went.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: What will i run at the track??

Is it your first time to the track?
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang.racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 915
Mid 13s and high 12s possible with 4.10s-4.30s with a drag radial
__________________
having a fine car that is slow is like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out!
Stang.racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Is it your first time to the track?
Yes its my first time.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Okay so traction control off?! Seems like i would do a bunch of spinning!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #10
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
I'd go T/C off and O/D off. The more runs you do in a day, you'll see slower times because of heat soak. I'd try leaving from idle at first, to see how easily you spin your tires. If no spin, maybe you can tinker with braking and increasing RPMs. You'll get much better traction at the track than on the street. Your gonna have a ton of fun!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Yes its my first time.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Okay so traction control off?! Seems like i would do a bunch of spinning!
Spinning is better than the motor falling flat on It's face and running a 15+ run.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
I'd go T/C off and O/D off. The more runs you do in a day, you'll see slower times because of heat soak. I'd try leaving from idle at first, to see how easily you spin your tires. If no spin, maybe you can tinker with braking and increasing RPMs. You'll get much better traction at the track than on the street. Your gonna have a ton of fun!
Okay, ill go with it! The drags here start at midnight! Ill start from idle first go around! I just really wanna see 13's!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Franco09GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 223
High 13's maybe, My opinion you get drag tires first before gears. Traction is everything at a drag strip.
Franco09GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Also newbie question, what dies running with OD off benefit me??
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #15
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Also newbie question, what dies running with OD off benefit me??
I don't think anything other than keep the tranny from going into OD once you get through the 1/4 and start slowing down. IMO its easier on your tranny.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang.racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 915
I don't think it matters if you turn it off or leave it on, you won't touch overdrive regardless as long as your car runs all the way to red line in each gear.
__________________
having a fine car that is slow is like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out!
Stang.racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Okay, awesome guys! So do i roll into the throttle or punch it since im starting at idle?
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: What will i run at the track??

I would rev a little while holding the brake,,the throttle is drive by wire so it has a little hesitation before responding,,after awhile youll get used to it and get off the line faster..I acually did better with traction control,,i spun a lot without it..I have the sct 93 tune,,my best time was 14.2..14.8 with the traction control off..ALSO they usually have water at the beggining,,i guess to help with the guys with slicks,,avoid that if you have reguilar tires,,if they get wet youll have to burn them to get them dry..The track has alot to do with it,,that night it sucked..I still had a blast though
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
I would rev a little while holding the brake,,the throttle is drive by wire so it has a little hesitation before responding,,after awhile youll get used to it and get off the line faster..I acually did better with traction control,,i spun a lot without it..I have the sct 93 tune,,my best time was 14.2..14.8 with the traction control off..ALSO they usually have water at the beggining,,i guess to help with the guys with slicks,,avoid that if you have reguilar tires,,if they get wet youll have to burn them to get them dry..The track has alot to do with it,,that night it sucked..I still had a blast though
Okay so rev to around 2k??
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang.racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 915
Uep
__________________
having a fine car that is slow is like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out!
Stang.racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Since the drags here dont start till midnight will that help my time bring cooler out?
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #22
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Since the drags here dont start till midnight will that help my time bring cooler out?
Yup, cooler is always better. Only time cooler is not better is if it's below your tire temp design. Like if you have summer tires, your traction will start to suck as you go below 40-50 degF.

Awesome your track opens at midnight!!!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: What will i run at the track??

Do us mustangs pround..lol..have fun
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Yup, cooler is always better. Only time cooler is not better is if it's below your tire temp design. Like if you have summer tires, your traction will start to suck as you go below 40-50 degF.

Awesome your track opens at midnight!!!
It should be around 60 to 70 degrees! And yea its pretty cool, 10 dollars to watch 20 to race as much as you want.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
Do us mustangs pround..lol..have fun
I will! I just really wanna see 13's!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: What will i run at the track??

Well how did it go,,its the next day just wondering
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
Well how did it go,,its the next day just wondering
Next weekend!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: What will i run at the track??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Next weekend!
opps..lol
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

opps..lol
Your good bro!!!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #29
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Re: What will i run at the track??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Hey guys, im probably taking my car to the track this weekend or next but i was wondering what you guys think i will run

07 GT Auto
Pypes OR H pipe
Pypes Muffler Deletes
C&L Racer CAI
Bama Tuned


Those are my mods, if were to get 4.10s how much improvment could i see?

I have read a few things from you guys on here. Avoid water with my street tires, spin em for a few seconds. Brake and rev to 2k or so, let off brake and ease into it. Is this correct? Also TC off or on? I assume on? O/D off or on? Thanks for any input guys! I cant wait!



Attachment 66710

Jake,

Looks like you have the right idea down for launching at the line. I would guess your first few runs being in the high 13s or lower 14s until you get the feel down. It can be really tricky sometimes with street tires, since they seem to break loose very easily. Once you're used to the track and launching your car, I think you could get a 13.3-13.5 out of your setup.

4.10 gears will most likely hurt your 60' time with street tires. Gears like that just want to accelerate as harshly as possible, which is good if you're running a drag radials/slicks. Otherwise, you'll find yourself breaking loose in 3rd gear with street tires.

Hope this helps some. Good luck at the track!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

Jake,

Looks like you have the right idea down for launching at the line. I would guess your first few runs being in the high 13s or lower 14s until you get the feel down. It can be really tricky sometimes with street tires, since they seem to break loose very easily. Once you're used to the track and launching your car, I think you could get a 13.3-13.5 out of your setup.

4.10 gears will most likely hurt your 60' time with street tires. Gears like that just want to accelerate as harshly as possible, which is good if you're running a drag radials/slicks. Otherwise, you'll find yourself breaking loose in 3rd gear with street tires.

Hope this helps some. Good luck at the track!

Shane
Awesome thanks Shane! That what i really want is just 13's! Ill let you guys know how i do!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Re: What will i run at the track??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Jake,

Looks like you have the right idea down for launching at the line. I would guess your first few runs being in the high 13s or lower 14s until you get the feel down. It can be really tricky sometimes with street tires, since they seem to break loose very easily. Once you're used to the track and launching your car, I think you could get a 13.3-13.5 out of your setup.

4.10 gears will most likely hurt your 60' time with street tires. Gears like that just want to accelerate as harshly as possible, which is good if you're running a drag radials/slicks. Otherwise, you'll find yourself breaking loose in 3rd gear with street tires.

Hope this helps some. Good luck at the track!

Shane
breaking loose in 3rd on street tires only happens on **** tires. I have 4.10s and street tires at 340 whp with 320 tq, manual. I don't break loose in any gear except 1st. Street or strip. Only weather in the 50s or less allow them to break loose. 4.10s severely help your 60, not hurt.It only suffers at first when you are learning. 1.81 60 with 4.10s on street tires.

OP, low 13s should be your goal in warm temps.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

breaking loose in 3rd on street tires only happens on **** tires. I have 4.10s and street tires at 340 whp with 320 tq, manual. I don't break loose in any gear except 1st. Street or strip. Only weather in the 50s or less allow them to break loose. 4.10s severely help your 60, not hurt.It only suffers at first when you are learning. 1.81 60 with 4.10s on street tires.

OP, low 13s should be your goal in warm temps.
Awrsome thanks! I have Falken Azenis 245/40/20's they seem to be good tires!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Click image for larger version

Name:	falhzd.ang.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	67262
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Well i finally ran last night. I wasnt ready at all and it was pretty much a last second thing. I didnt get a time sheet, i guess at the track around here they only do time sheets on friday nights after test and tune. But i had a couple buddies there and they said i ran a low 13. Kinda dissapointed wanted to run a 12, but im happy, i could have lost some weight, had the spare in the back and a bunch of random crap also in the trunk lol, and i didnt have my tuner with me or i would have switched to the race tune, i ran street tune. So next weekend im going and losing some weight and loading the race tune. I should have a link to youtube for my run soon i will post. And on the crappy side i think my alternator took a crap on me this morning. Was turning into my driveway, i put my blinker on and pulled in, i then noticed that my blinker wouldnt shut off?? And then i realized all my dash lights were dim, my radio wasnt even on, and i couldnt do anything, my car was about to die, so i shut it off before i put it in the garage to see what was going on, (stupid idea) it wouldnt restart, so i put it in nuetral and pushed it into the garage. So now is the PA performance alternator from AM good??
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681


The dodge is my buddies. Huge injectors, twin turbos, fast truck. Ran low 13's all night.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:10 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.