Personal best 1/4 mile times in the 3.7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Personal best 1/4 mile times in the 3.7

I was just wondering how fast people have been able to go particularly with the 2.73 gearing. Ive only made one pass so far and ran a 14.1 on stock gears with a bama tune and cai.
Dgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Do you have auto or manual. I would think you could do 13.7 with your mods. What tune are you using, street, performance or race?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have a manual, it was a far from perfect launch and it was the first time I've been to a drag strip. I'm going back in a week to hopefully break into the 13s, what's been your fastest pass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgoebel
I have a manual, it was a far from perfect launch and it was the first time I've been to a drag strip. I'm going back in a week to hopefully break into the 13s, what's been your fastest pass
I would think with the mods you currently have, you should be able to run a 13.6 with the right launch and no skipping gears. Lol. I have never taken mine to the track. I too currently have a auto 11 v6 with airaid cai and 91 performance sct bama tune with 2.73 gears. Should you decide to jump up to 3.73 gears I would think you could get 13.3 to 13.4 in the 1/4 mile.

With our 2.73 gears the car lags out of the gate. Once she hits third gear, it pulls hard and fast as you know this. Its just that initial start and that's because of the stock gears. The only positive about 2.73 gears is you ain't spinning the tires when your floor it from a dead stop. Even with traction control off. Lol. Spinning= little movement forward.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I would think with the mods you currently have, you should be able to run a 13.6 with the right launch and no skipping gears. Lol. I have never taken mine to the track. I too currently have a auto 11 v6 with airaid cai and 91 performance sct bama tune with 2.73 gears. Should you decide to jump up to 3.73 gears I would think you could get 13.3 to 13.4 in the 1/4 mile.

With our 2.73 gears the car lags out of the gate. Once she hits third gear, it pulls hard and fast as you know this. Its just that initial start and that's because of the stock gears. The only positive about 2.73 gears is you ain't spinning the tires when your floor it from a dead stop. Even with traction control off. Lol. Spinning= little movement forward.
Maybe with an auto but with a manual I could just sit there spinning the tires if I wanted. I've come to the conclusion that auto is a lot easier for consistent drag times but manual is a lot faster for autocross
Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: Personal best 1/4 mile times in the 3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgoebel View Post
Sounds like a good number to me for a first time. Welcome to the "Chasing the Number" game.

Sounds like you had a good time.

I haven't run my car yet. Too hot here right now.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Personal best 1/4 mile times in the 3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgoebel View Post
I was just wondering how fast people have been able to go particularly with the 2.73 gearing. Ive only made one pass so far and ran a 14.1 on stock gears with a bama tune and cai.
Not bad for your first time out. I think you could get a high 13 second slip with more practice. If you're looking to run deep in the 13s, 3.73 gears would really help your time!

Good luck next time at the track!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d

Sounds like a good number to me for a first time. Welcome to the "Chasing the Number" game.

Sounds like you had a good time.

I haven't run my car yet. Too hot here right now.
What's funny is that no matter how fast of a time someone gets , majority of people want it faster. Just like HP and torque. Someone always wants more than what they have. Chasing the numbers. If they run a 13 flat 1/4 mile, they want 12.5 next. Its the nature of the beast
Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's how I am w my peepee... but the dang numbers never change!!!

Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
That's how I am w my peepee... but the dang numbers never change!!!

Oh snap, now that's funny stuff.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track