First time at the track w/ supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
rwsmith3623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 134
First time at the track w/ supercharger

Took the car to the track this past week for the first time since installing the supercharger. Reaction times weren't the best but I was happy with them as it was the first time at the track in over a year. Had a horrible time with traction, kept spinning all the way through 1st and some of 2nd, I think it's time I invest in a set or slicks, these nittos aren't cuttin it at the track anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2394394956.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	69979  
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
Yeah that 60' is no bueno !!! Drop it and run 11.0's or 10's
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
rwsmith3623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
Yeah that 60' is no bueno !!! Drop it and run 11.0's or 10's
Had guys killin me at the 60' mark but I could catch em on the backend every time. I know with a set of slicks it'll turn high 10's. I was shifting pretty easy too because I've still got the stock t5, I wanna get a set of slicks and give it one hard run with everything shes got to see what she'll time. I wanna see if she can hit a 10.8 or lower, if not then we TURN UP THE BOOST!
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
Yeah that 60' is no bueno !!! Drop it and run 11.0's or 10's
Novi, I can't believe you got a new Stang, I loved the last one you had and always was reading ur threads about it. Just watched the video on the new one and all I can say is damn it sound freaking sweet, can't wait to learn more about, hopefully I'll own a fox some day.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
rwsmith3623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Novi, I can't believe you got a new Stang, I loved the last one you had and always was reading ur threads about it. Just watched the video on the new one and all I can say is damn it sound freaking sweet, can't wait to learn more about, hopefully I'll own a fox some day.
Yea not all of us get lucky and find some ****** to go upside down on a trade lol. I still don't know how he pulled this trade off, he must be a good talker.
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Are your Nittos drag radials?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith3623

Yea not all of us get lucky and find some ****** to go upside down on a trade lol. I still don't know how he pulled this trade off, he must be a good talker.
There was a build turbo fox in my area not to long ago.
331 turbo forged lower and built upper for like 6k. I woulda grabbed it in a heart beat if I had the money.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
Like I said I am blessed by the mustang gods. I only have $5800 in everything so that's what I got this car for I'm just a poor white boy with a wife and 2 boys making $14 an hr.. I pay for my toys with tax $$ and side work. I miss my 90' don't get me wrong but this car could fetch 15k to the right buyer.. And I'm not attached I love it but Its just a toy!! If I had a daily I would have kept the 90'.

Anyways 10.80's hell yeah!!! Stock trans will go soon lol
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
rwsmith3623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
Like I said I am blessed by the mustang gods. I only have $5800 in everything so that's what I got this car for I'm just a poor white boy with a wife and 2 boys making $14 an hr.. I pay for my toys with tax $$ and side work. I miss my 90' don't get me wrong but this car could fetch 15k to the right buyer.. And I'm not attached I love it but Its just a toy!! If I had a daily I would have kept the 90'.

Anyways 10.80's hell yeah!!! Stock trans will go soon lol
That's what I was getting at. You got the 90 for under $6k, which had more than that in just the supercharger, heads and tune, and then you traded it for a car that's got probably close to $6k in just the turbo setup. Hopefully you don't think I was trying to insult you, because that's the farthest thing from it, I wish I had your luck on finding deals haha. Like my dad always says, pay your bills, pay your taxes and take care of your family, whatever's left over after that, enjoy it. If you can do all that on $14 an hour good for you man.
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
It's not always easy I struggle at times. I've built many stangs and I understand how much blood sweat and tears are on yalls cars I died basically after built my orange 89' and blew it up. But I traded for it also the guy had all the parts but got ovewhelmed so I built it not knowing much about forced induction and paid dearly then traded that for the 79' then the 79' for the 88' sold the 88' bought the 90' and now just traded again. I wish some guys would hate lol I dam sure would I'd call me a lucky mother______

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Rw your car is gorgeous and faster than my 90' if you can run 10.8's.

Do you have a snow meth kit installed yet?? How much boost?
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blown347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 254
How much boost? You are getting a quicker et then I could with the same traction issues. I was running the same 60's but could only get an 11.6 out of it at 124mph!
__________________

1992 Fox 5.0 S/C 347, The Beast!
1995 GT 5.0 all stock, 168k miles, the beater!
1998 Cobra, Atlantic Blue, 21k orig miles, all original!
Blown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
rwsmith3623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown347
How much boost? You are getting a quicker et then I could with the same traction issues. I was running the same 60's but could only get an 11.6 out of it at 124mph!
16 lbs. as soon as the car catches it takes off like a bat outta hell. It's just that first 0-20 ft or so are killin me.
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
I've got some brand new gforce drag radials. 315 35 17 if you're interested send me a message. I'll let em go cheap.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
rwsmith3623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
I've got some brand new gforce drag radials. 315 35 17 if you're interested send me a message. I'll let em go cheap.
Couldn't fit a 315 on a foxbody. 275's are about as wide as I can possibly go. Appreciate the offer though.
rwsmith3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith3623 View Post
Couldn't fit a 315 on a foxbody. 275's are about as wide as I can possibly go. Appreciate the offer though.
What type of differential you have in your rear end? I am getting ready to replace mine since I toasted it in my last drag. I need to pull 3700lbs of dead weight, plus put 279 or more to the wheels (NA). I need a good diff. I've looked at Eatons, Yukons, Auburns, and Torsens. I need one that's street drivable and give good hookup on both wheels on the track. I've researched posi, LSD, and T-lock. I don't want stock, but wondering about the LSD using the worm gear, or the LSD with the torque sensing but non-electric. I am stuck especially, since I upgraded to Moser 28 splines already. My Stang is a sitting duck for now.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT View Post
What type of differential you have in your rear end? I am getting ready to replace mine since I toasted it in my last drag. I need to pull 3700lbs of dead weight, plus put 279 or more to the wheels (NA). I need a good diff. I've looked at Eatons, Yukons, Auburns, and Torsens. I need one that's street drivable and give good hookup on both wheels on the track. I've researched posi, LSD, and T-lock. I don't want stock, but wondering about the LSD using the worm gear, or the LSD with the torque sensing but non-electric. I am stuck especially, since I upgraded to Moser 28 splines already. My Stang is a sitting duck for now.
BTW, I'm using 285 T555 on the rear end. Did 14 in the 1/4 but knew I had a major drag on the car. Thought it was the brakes but it was the diff. 97 GT Vert. I'll boost it one day.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blown347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 254
My buddy runs an auburn locker, it's got great street drivability. And he pulls a 1.50 60 at the track haha
__________________

1992 Fox 5.0 S/C 347, The Beast!
1995 GT 5.0 all stock, 168k miles, the beater!
1998 Cobra, Atlantic Blue, 21k orig miles, all original!
Blown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.