1/4 mile times - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
1/4 mile times

Anyone got any info on stock 1/4 mile times for 2012 5.0 automatic?
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Fast,
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator
Anyone got any info on stock 1/4 mile times for 2012 5.0 automatic?
Well, 2011 auto with a bama 93r tune and pilot super sports ran 12.538 in Baytown tx a few months ago. Really hot and humid.

I believe you were supposed to have more HP than me stock... So with a decent tune and DR/slicks... You should hit low 12s/high 11s.

Pure stock 2012 auto on stock tires probably mid/low 13's. without a tune, the auto lacked punch off the line.
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

Well, 2011 auto with a bama 93r tune and pilot super sports ran 12.538 in Baytown tx a few months ago. Really hot and humid.

I believe you were supposed to have more HP than me stock... So with a decent tune and DR/slicks... You should hit low 12s/high 11s.

Pure stock 2012 auto on stock tires probably mid/low 13's. without a tune, the auto lacked punch off the line.
Yea it does seem a little weak down low. I think its got 3:15s in it. Im really wanting to put 3:55 or 3:73 on
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
CorDog009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator View Post
Yea it does seem a little weak down low. I think its got 3:15s in it. Im really wanting to put 3:55 or 3:73 on
Yea, 3.15's stock. Gears will help out a good bit, the list goes from there. The tune helped mine out a lot.
__________________
'13 Deep Impact Blue GT, auto, BBK cat deletes, GT-500 A/B's, C&L tuned DiabloSport inTune, sound tube delete, BBK 85mm TB, JLT oil separator, NX plate kit.
CorDog009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorDog009

Yea, 3.15's stock. Gears will help out a good bit, the list goes from there. The tune helped mine out a lot.
Yea i got the outlaw axelback. I know that doesn't help any for performance but it does sound damn good next step is intake and tune. Im just worried about voiding my warranty
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
OneSick07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 46
I ran last night at speedworld in Phoenix my 13 ran a best of 13.37 at 108 completely stock just a set of bridgstone re760 275/35/r18s
OneSick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSick07
I ran last night at speedworld in Phoenix my 13 ran a best of 13.37 at 108 completely stock just a set of bridgstone re760 275/35/r18s
Is it auto?
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
OneSick07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 46
No it's a 6 sp there was an 2012 auto that ran 13.6 tho
OneSick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSick07
No it's a 6 sp there was an 2012 auto that ran 13.6 tho
I'm surprised to hear the 2012 5.0 automatic ran 13.6 in the 1/4. My understanding the 12 v6's with a tune are running 13.7 in the 1/4 mile with stock tires and 2.73 gears. I'm sure the 12 5.0's can high 12's low 13's with a great launch.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I'm surprised to hear the 2012 5.0 automatic ran 13.6 in the 1/4. My understanding the 12 v6's with a tune are running 13.7 in the 1/4 mile with stock tires and 2.73 gears. I'm sure the 12 5.0's can high 12's low 13's with a great launch.
I would really like to find out but Tulsas last drags until spring time were last night and i missed it!
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I'm surprised to hear the 2012 5.0 automatic ran 13.6 in the 1/4. My understanding the 12 v6's with a tune are running 13.7 in the 1/4 mile with stock tires and 2.73 gears. I'm sure the 12 5.0's can high 12's low 13's with a great launch.
Sounds like bad driver, bad weather, or bad track to mw
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Sounds like bad driver, bad weather, or bad track to mw
I was thinking that to (bad driver), but you figure with an auto its just floor it and the transmission does the rest. Juice it a go.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I was thinking that to (bad driver), but you figure with an auto its just floor it and the transmission does the rest. Juice it a go.
They just need to find the RPM to brake hold their torque converter that gives quick launch without spinning.
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I was thinking that to (bad driver), but you figure with an auto its just floor it and the transmission does the rest. Juice it a go.
Yea easier than a manual, but still not brainless lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
2012 gt / Cs auto bone stock ran a 13.4 @108 at our track. 5600ft nice day. Tiny tail wind. It ran the same mph all day.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
2012 gt / Cs auto bone stock ran a 13.4 @108 at our track. 5600ft nice day. Tiny tail wind. It ran the same mph all day.
Wow. I'm surprised. Perhaps those 13.4 runs are 5.0's with 3:14 stock gears. Still, I thought the 5.0's were running like 12.6 to 12.9 stock.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Wow. I'm surprised. Perhaps those 13.4 runs are 5.0's with 3:14 stock gears. Still, I thought the 5.0's were running like 12.6 to 12.9 stock.
3:15 gears are standard and the factory tune severely hampers acceleration and throttle response. That is why a tune should be the first upgrade for any 11-13 gt auto owner. That alone gets them mid to low 12s (some even in 11s).
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

3:15 gears are standard and the factory tune severely hampers acceleration and throttle response. That is why a tune should be the first upgrade for any 11-13 gt auto owner. That alone gets them mid to low 12s (some even in 11s).
Will a tune voodoo warranty?

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Void! f##### auto correct!!!
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator

Will a tune voodoo warranty?

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Void! f##### auto correct!!!
It will put a hex on your warranty!

This is could be a thread in itself.

Officially, yes. And they can for all intensive purposes tell if you loaded a tune, then flashed back to stock.

But it only should affect warranty on the things the tune will impact (engine/trans/ECU). A defective control arm would't be impacted for example.


Some dealerships are cool and would work with you (none I've ever dealt with though) if something breaks.
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
moved to "at the track"
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #22
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Wow. I'm surprised. Perhaps those 13.4 runs are 5.0's with 3:14 stock gears. Still, I thought the 5.0's were running like 12.6 to 12.9 stock.
5600 ft of elevation plays a HUGE roll in that
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

3:15 gears are standard and the factory tune severely hampers acceleration and throttle response. That is why a tune should be the first upgrade for any 11-13 gt auto owner. That alone gets them mid to low 12s (some even in 11s).
I know the 3;55 and 3:70 gears are options on the 5.0 but with that much power I would think 3:55 would be standard. Not 3:15 gears.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I know the 3;55 and 3:70 gears are options on the 5.0 but with that much power I would think 3:55 would be standard. Not 3:15 gears.
Standard on the auto (which the OP has). No option on the auto for any other gears from the factory.

The auto's ratios are a bit different than the manual for 11-13. Hence the 3:15
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

Standard on the auto (which the OP has). No option on the auto for any other gears from the factory.

The auto's ratios are a bit different than the manual for 11-13. Hence the 3:15
So since the auto is different than the manual would that cause any issues going from 3:15 to a 3:55 or 3:73 without a tune. Im trying to stay under my warranty as long as i can, but its really hard to keep it stock with so much easy potential
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #26
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

5600 ft of elevation plays a HUGE roll in that
+1
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator

So since the auto is different than the manual would that cause any issues going from 3:15 to a 3:55 or 3:73 without a tune. Im trying to stay under my warranty as long as i can, but its really hard to keep it stock with so much easy potential
1) you'd want 4:10 (those that have it don't regret it) assuming you don't go forced induction. 4:10s would be a bit aggressive at that point.

2) a tune would only be needed to effectively correct the speedo as it wouldn't be accurate.

3) a tune would still drastically improve throttle response, shift strategies, and TQ/HP. Would compliment the gear swap.
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

1) you'd want 4:10 (those that have it don't regret it) assuming you don't go forced induction. 4:10s would be a bit aggressive at that point.

2) a tune would only be needed to effectively correct the speedo as it wouldn't be accurate.

3) a tune would still drastically improve throttle response, shift strategies, and TQ/HP. Would compliment the gear swap.
Thanks for the input. Im pretty knew to tuning and everything. Im used to atvs where you just throw some bigger jets in, and not have to worry about all the computer programming. Its also nice to have someone explain to you without being a jacka$$ just because they know more than me.
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator

Thanks for the input. Im pretty knew to tuning and everything. Im used to atvs where you just throw some bigger jets in, and not have to worry about all the computer programming. Its also nice to have someone explain to you without being a jacka$$ just because they know more than me.
No problem!

Good luck!
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #30
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator

Thanks for the input. Im pretty knew to tuning and everything. Im used to atvs where you just throw some bigger jets in, and not have to worry about all the computer programming. Its also nice to have someone explain to you without being a jacka$$ just because they know more than me.
Hey hope you're not talking to me, never meant to come off that way if so... Sorry brother!

Trust me I've answered many questions on here and I am only ever rude to those that come on here acting like an *** clown lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Hey hope you're not talking to me, never meant to come off that way if so... Sorry brother!

Trust me I've answered many questions on here and I am only ever rude to those that come on here acting like an *** clown lol
No man not at all. I should have been more specific. I meant a totally different site all together
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #32
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
O lol, I think I know exactly where you're talking about lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Haha which one?
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #34
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I'm not gonna start a forum war lol, if you're that curious just pm me
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
bradtaylornator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I'm not gonna start a forum war lol, if you're that curious just pm me
Haha just seeing if you'd say the name
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.