Mustang GT vs. the World - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Mustang GT vs. the World

What can a stock GT compete with? I've been looking around in my area and see M3s, 6.4L Challengers, Camaro SSs, WRX STIs, Evos, etc. If anyone can tell me what I can hang with out of experience then that would be great! Also, stories would be cool too.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I have just an axleback and I can hang with them but depending how modded they are..
Mustang32Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hang as in like a course track made for handling or just straight away?
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It depends on if their stock or not, and what they have on their ride.. especially when it comes down to the import tuners.
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
i have a 11 GT with the Brembo pkg and 3.73's.
My only mods are Roush axel backs and a K&N drop in airfilter. I have pulled on every car you listed there.
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
On closed courses I have beaten c5 vetts and am about even with c5 z06's. Camero's and challengers arnt even really a race. Have neve raced a new m3 but can smoke the older ones. Then again I did get walked but my friends 5.0. AGAIN ALL THIS ON A CLOSED COURSE, absolutely zero street racing
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

In straight away yea but in twist and turns evo's and subi's will own
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1
On closed courses I have beaten c5 vetts and am about even with c5 z06's. Camero's and challengers arnt even really a race. Have neve raced a new m3 but can smoke the older ones. Then again I did get walked but my friends 5.0. AGAIN ALL THIS ON A CLOSED COURSE, absolutely zero street racing
What do you mean by the camaros and challengers not being a race? Like you smoked them?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I haven't raced a 392 challenger but the regular srt challenger and camero ss arnt even close
Old 11-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
In straight away yea but in twist and turns evo's and subi's will own
i disagree....you take a stock evo or sti and put it against a stock GT on a racetrack the HP advantage will overcome
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus

i disagree....you take a stock evo or sti and put it against a stock GT on a racetrack the HP advantage will overcome
I'm sorry but no I have seen it with my eyes at my auto x. Still have the numbers to show it. In like laguna seca yea the 5.0 power will win but not in sharp turns like auto x.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I will say that I have our handled a 350z on a mountain road. Again I was not street racing, have never and will never street race.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1
I will say that I have our handled a 350z on a mountain road. Again I was not street racing, have never and will never street race.
Don't mean to keep harping on that but I was pulled over for going 5 over the limit a week after I pulled over for supposedly street racing and the cop told me they monitor the forums and Facebook so really have to make my self clear
Old 11-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I blow away my buddies 911 carerra hehehe
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1
Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Hang as in like a course track made for handling or just straight away?
For drag racing.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I have heard that the new Challengers do 12.4 1/4 miles. Anyone have a N/A stang that runs flat 12s? And what mods to get there.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride

For drag racing.
Straight away you should get them. The 392 ran a what 13.0 flat?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

The Camaros and Challengers are pigs. They're heavy. I've got a buddy with a new Camaro. M6, Kooks LT's, full exhaust, 4.10s, suspension, few other boltons and tuned by another buddy. We've both ride in each others cars and feel it'd be close. Never lined them up though.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have heard that the new Challengers do 12.4 1/4 miles. Anyone have a N/A stang that runs flat 12s? And what mods to get there.
I ran 12.538 on street tires with CAI/93r tune (bama) and Corsa AB/X PIPE( stock cats in place). 1/2 tank or more of 93 Octane , a fat driver, and 110+ track temp with 95% humidity at sea level.

With similar setup and drag radials (and cooler temps), low 12's/high 11's should be possible.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Stock evo? No way. That comes from having driven a friends evo RS. I think it was rs. It was the version with everything stripped like radio and what not. That sucker can take turns like no other car I have ever been in.

If I didn't deteste the newer body style and the fact they are not a muscle car and the fact that they are the most uncomfortable car to be in for ride smoothness I was interested in buying one.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #21
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Stock evo? No way. That comes from having driven a friends evo RS. I think it was rs. It was the version with everything stripped like radio and what not. That sucker can take turns like no other car I have ever been in.

If I didn't deteste the newer body style and the fact they are not a muscle car and the fact that they are the most uncomfortable car to be in for ride smoothness I was interested in buying one.
Haha, sounds to me like you'd buy an evo if you didn't hate everything about it lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Haha, sounds to me like you'd buy an evo if you didn't hate everything about it lol
If it wasn't a daily driver and I could buy an 07 I'd be all for it. No way I'd drive my 50 miles round trip with work in that car. Lol.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
What can a stock GT compete with? I've been looking around in my area and see M3s, 6.4L Challengers, Camaro SSs, WRX STIs, Evos, etc. If anyone can tell me what I can hang with out of experience then that would be great! Also, stories would be cool too.
I've beat all of those stock for stock before and after my cat backs.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Current M3 has a v8. Car mags win by a landslide, not sure if anyone here is really talking stock for stock... If i am not mistaken, OP said stock. Lower it (ford has a ridiculous height to make it feel good and not hit the curb when you pull into a parking space) and I think you have a different ball game but still very, very, very close in handling.
BMW does turbos like Chevy does diesels... Chitty. I had a 335i '09. I was invited to join a class action lawsuit due to the faulty turbo. Really should have. Sometimes it gets up and goes, sometimes it bogs and 3 times in 9 months it almost stalled. These are all times I stood on the accelerator from a stand-still. Obama CAFE standards and Euro standards mean the M3 will be sporting turbo sixers again.... When that happens, it will be game over

Evos and STIs will hang, by the official numbers, neck and neck (4.5-4.7). However, I know from drivers they are difficult to launch and inconsistent.

I really want to know about the stock vs stock on the 392s. I am a car guy, love all cars. All cars except those fat, stupid sailboat, girls like 'me cuz they look good', stupid truck-sized cars. I am not biased
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I beat John deer tractors all day long. Combines on the other hand are pretty tough
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U
I beat John deer tractors all day long. Combines on the other hand are pretty tough
Haha!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle
Current M3 has a v8. Car mags win by a landslide, not sure if anyone here is really talking stock for stock... If i am not mistaken, OP said stock. Lower it (ford has a ridiculous height to make it feel good and not hit the curb when you pull into a parking space) and I think you have a different ball game but still very, very, very close in handling.
BMW does turbos like Chevy does diesels... Chitty. I had a 335i '09. I was invited to join a class action lawsuit due to the faulty turbo. Really should have. Sometimes it gets up and goes, sometimes it bogs and 3 times in 9 months it almost stalled. These are all times I stood on the accelerator from a stand-still. Obama CAFE standards and Euro standards mean the M3 will be sporting turbo sixers again.... When that happens, it will be game over

Evos and STIs will hang, by the official numbers, neck and neck (4.5-4.7). However, I know from drivers they are difficult to launch and inconsistent.

I really want to know about the stock vs stock on the 392s. I am a car guy, love all cars. All cars except those fat, stupid sailboat, girls like 'me cuz they look good', stupid truck-sized cars. I am not biased
I never had a problem launching my friends evo. What I have heard tho is that they are a pain to tune if your not going to keep them stock. I've heard many a horror stories concerning tuning them. Also when the evo was mentioned I think it was more to do with on a track. Our cars couldn't touch an evo on a track.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I never had a problem launching my friends evo. What I have heard tho is that they are a pain to tune if your not going to keep them stock. I've heard many a horror stories concerning tuning them. Also when the evo was mentioned I think it was more to do with on a track. Our cars couldn't touch an evo on a track.
In car and driver lightning lap, the evo did 2:14 and the 5.0 did 2:9 so they are faster.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1222218175.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	75328  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I got the numbers wrong the first time by there are the times. The 5.0 they tested was not even the track package just a brembo package with out the 3.73 gears.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #31
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Don't mean to keep harping on that but I was pulled over for going 5 over the limit a week after I pulled over for supposedly street racing and the cop told me they monitor the forums and Facebook so really have to make my self clear
And besides, it's against forum rules to discuss street racing of any kind on Mustang Evolution.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Whoever told u this, he lies

The major car mags are either really good at driving or willing to post manufacturer numbers as their own. With stock rubber, most people have a real hard time hooking up, but these guys always put up numbers that are basically at the edge of the threshold for the car they are testing. FWIW, they had 12.74 for the 13 gt.

Saw a 392 at the races this weekend. Looks cool, like a cool boat

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t/viewall.html
Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Whoever told u this, he lies

The major car mags are either really good at driving or willing to post manufacturer numbers as their own. With stock rubber, most people have a real hard time hooking up, but these guys always put up numbers that are basically at the edge of the threshold for the car they are testing. FWIW, they had 12.74 for the 13 gt.

Saw a 392 at the races this weekend. Looks cool, like a cool boat

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t/viewall.html
http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/dodg...srt-8_392.html http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/ford_mustang_gt_50.html That's one fast boat.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Fair enough, but still a boat

5 flat on the 0-60 (100kmph is essentially 62mph) is not ideal. Picks it up by the time a quarter goes by. At 50+ tho, this is an answer to a question people asked 5 years ago. The Shelby is in the price range but it competes wit the 5.0?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Fair enough, but still a boat

5 flat on the 0-60 (100kmph is essentially 62mph) is not ideal. Picks it up by the time a quarter goes by. At 50+ tho, this is an answer to a question people asked 5 years ago. The Shelby is in the price range but it competes wit the 5.0?
Everyone always does that. That take cars they "don't want to shame" and pit them up against cheaper cars and go, "wow cannot believe the car lost!"

My favorite that does this is motortrend. They love to tear ford apart left and right and love putting lower end fords up against high end dodge and cheverlet and what not.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track