04vs05 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
04vs05

Will a stock 04 mustang v6 outrun a stock 05 mustang v6? (I'm aware that the 05 has a higher hp, but the aerodynamics are worse, and it appears to be heavier) just wondering
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,631
I WANNA KNOW TOO
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel
I WANNA KNOW TOO
8| sorry!
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake04 View Post
8| sorry!
HUH
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel

HUH
I thought I insulted you...
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake04 View Post
I thought I insulted you...
NO. THE CAP LOCKS IS STUCK ON BECAUSE IM AT WORK!! LOL
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
NO. THE CAP LOCKS IS STUCK ON BECAUSE IM AT WORK!! LOL
^This guy and his yelling.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
How did it it get stuck? Were you being naughty? Lol

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Lets get back to the topic shall we? Dose anyone know?
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
I know and the 4.0 in the 05 will walk the 3.9 In the 04 all day every day. Manual or automatic.
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
I have the 3.8 (built in 03 for the new model year) i was wondering because the 05 has 17 more horsepower, but its body isn't the best for weight/aerodynamics and the 04 was a little better in said category, but as I said before the 05 had more hp...
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Only one way to find out
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
Haha come on silver, hey that would be awesome, two silver/black v6 stangs haha, (I'm still working on blacking out the tails and heads) haha lets meet up!
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
nope it'll lose...hp isn't really even the deciding factor here. although anything is possible on a track..prep and driver can mean a lot
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangiusmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 49
Well say both are bone stock and autos the 4.0 will win because the transmission comes stock with a 5speed compared to the 3.8 with a 4speed.
stangiusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
honestly won't matter...you'll never use that many gears on even a 1/4
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Auto to auto it would make a difference, the older sixer just uses 2 gears and part of 3rd, the newer ones would have gotten into 4th by the end of the run, a manual 3.8 against either 4.0 would be a better race but the 4.0 would still win, it's a little heavier but it makes up for it
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
i forget but do 05+ still have 3:27 gears with a 7.5"
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
Oh I've never had my six on the track, I don't have a permit (yet) I'm about to (yay)
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake04 View Post
Oh I've never had my six on the track, I don't have a permit (yet) I'm about to (yay)
well unless your parents sign a waiver you won't be let on 99% of tracks to actually race. liability and all lol. besides you'll need time to really learn how to drive the car before you start racing it
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #20
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

well unless your parents sign a waiver you won't be let on 99% of tracks to actually race. liability and all lol. besides you'll need time to really learn how to drive the car before you start racing it
Sir you don't know me I can drive like a motherf*cker I was also taught to drive by my grandfather (ex army transport driver/racecar driver (I don't remember what class), and my dad (ex pro-extreme driver) I also live in the country so I drive all the time lol so I'm good to go and I was in the j/d class when I was little so I still remember the tree
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
knowing you personally means nothing honestly. anytime someone says they know they can drive is usually the first to cause an accident. please don't let yourself become over-confident because your relatives have driven fast things. two of my relatives are ex nascar drivers, and one now owns his own track for truck racing. i've learned things from them too...i also drag race and auto-x . however i'd say i have a lot to learn and i've been driving for almost 10 years.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:55 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
^^^this
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #23
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

well unless your parents sign a waiver you won't be let on 99% of tracks to actually race. liability and all lol. besides you'll need time to really learn how to drive the car before you start racing it
And with with the track problems, I have my home track by the throat, if I want the whole track to myself I have it if I tell them I want to race they let me, ect, (all backed by my grandfather) haha I once hosted a race between a junior dragster and a moped! Lol that was hilarious
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
the more you type the less i believe anything you say. you seem to be a habitual liar...and unless you one up everyone you aren't satisfied. One thing i'd reccomend is for now on when you have an outlandish tale you also have pics or vids to back it up because i don't believe 99.9999% of anything you say. Your story changes from one day to the next, and nothing ever ads up. Please think hard about what you want from this amazing forum. It can be a great place if you give it the proper respect it deserves. I think i'm done posting in this thread, however i am going to keep watch over it just in case.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #25
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
the more you type the less i believe anything you say. you seem to be a habitual liar...and unless you one up everyone you aren't satisfied. One thing i'd reccomend is for now on when you have an outlandish tale you also have pics or vids to back it up because i don't believe 99.9999% of anything you say. Your story changes from one day to the next, and nothing ever ads up. Please think hard about what you want from this amazing forum. It can be a great place if you give it the proper respect it deserves. I think i'm done posting in this thread, however i am going to keep watch over it just in case.
Yes
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
That would be a good race
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
the more you type the less i believe anything you say. you seem to be a habitual liar...and unless you one up everyone you aren't satisfied. One thing i'd reccomend is for now on when you have an outlandish tale you also have pics or vids to back it up because i don't believe 99.9999% of anything you say. Your story changes from one day to the next, and nothing ever ads up. Please think hard about what you want from this amazing forum. It can be a great place if you give it the proper respect it deserves. I think i'm done posting in this thread, however i am going to keep watch over it just in case.
+1 I'm 16 and I have a ton of stuf to learn I can barley launch my car right there's nothing wrong with admitting u need to learn
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
+1 I'm 16 and I have a ton of stuf to learn I can barley launch my car right there's nothing wrong with admitting u need to learn
i know i said i wasn't going to post again but dangit after seeing you drive a 2.3 i felt like telling someone. my coworker and i just finished dropping a 2.3T into a ranger body lol. ok now i'm done in here
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:11 AM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
No that is true, But I didn't write the whole thing, we did have to present several Benjamin Franklins to do so but we have done it, and for practice I did race a moped when I drove j/d as we only had one dragster, I was practicing starting times, and that was the fastest thing on hand and here is me as a small child in front of the dragster: with my grand father and father
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2374445097.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	454.2 KB
ID:	77657  
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
+1 I'm 16 and I have a ton of stuf to learn I can barley launch my car right there's nothing wrong with admitting u need to learn
Hell i'm 17 and even though i have a spotless record and good grades, gotten compliments on how well i drive from neighbors, but my parents still don't want me to have a mustang yet. I have to prove that i am a fully respectful and trustworthy driver before they allow me to get one.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

i know i said i wasn't going to post again but dangit after seeing you drive a 2.3 i felt like telling someone. my coworker and i just finished dropping a 2.3T into a ranger body lol. ok now i'm done in here
That would make a awesome sleeper
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #32
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
Ok guys I'm tired of this, I really am, ok this thread has accomplished its goal now if you guys want to figure me out go ahead ask any question, I'll answer it ok?
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:27 AM   #33
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
the more you type the less i believe anything you say. you seem to be a habitual liar...and unless you one up everyone you aren't satisfied. One thing i'd reccomend is for now on when you have an outlandish tale you also have pics or vids to back it up because i don't believe 99.9999% of anything you say. Your story changes from one day to the next, and nothing ever ads up. Please think hard about what you want from this amazing forum. It can be a great place if you give it the proper respect it deserves. I think i'm done posting in this thread, however i am going to keep watch over it just in case.
And I don't always try to one up everyone, hell ill even admit it, almost all of you guys could outrun me, most of you are a hell of a lot more loaded than I am, I have a high mileage v6 mustang that is on its last leg, a lot of people have GTs cobras Shelby's ect, and if I see a car I could beat I never put it down because I would not like mine to be put down by a gt owner, I'm not a bad person...
Supersnake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
I could have swore I've seen you put down a lot of "ricers"
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake04 View Post
And I don't always try to one up everyone, hell ill even admit it, almost all of you guys could outrun me, most of you are a hell of a lot more loaded than I am, I have a high mileage v6 mustang that is on its last leg, a lot of people have GTs cobras Shelby's ect, and if I see a car I could beat I never put it down because I would not like mine to be put down by a gt owner, I'm not a bad person...
you don't make fun of others you say?

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:10 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.