6ers on the 1/4 mile? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
6ers on the 1/4 mile?

So I have an 04 mustang convertible, cai, bama tuner, and that's about it. Before the tune I was in the upper 16's(i know their slooow) and now I'm down into the 15.90's with a tune. Again stock tires, stock suspension, and it's an automatic. I'm just trying to figure out what other 6ers are running cause I don't have anyone to really compare myself to as to how I'm doing at the strip. Any input would be awesome, thanks guys
Dantheman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
my old '04 sixxer with intake and exhaust ran 16 flats (auto)...but i also ran nitto 555r's...traction and track prep can mean everything.

i'm gonna hit up beech bend this spring with the current sixxer to see how it goes...although it's being built for auto-x so my suspension will most likely hurt my ETs

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman94 View Post
So I have an 04 mustang convertible, cai, bama tuner, and that's about it. Before the tune I was in the upper 16's(i know their slooow) and now I'm down into the 15.90's with a tune. Again stock tires, stock suspension, and it's an automatic. I'm just trying to figure out what other 6ers are running cause I don't have anyone to really compare myself to as to how I'm doing at the strip. Any input would be awesome, thanks guys
That's a pretty good increase from just CAI and Tune. Keep up the great work! A great mod to help you in the 1/4 mile would be a set of gears, and we can tune for them as well. This will definitely knock off a few tenths!

I hope this helps. I'm looking forward to some other experiences our fellow forums members have had! Let me know if you ever have any questions.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Dantheman94,

Nice job on really cutting down your time! Almost a full second is a huge difference. What's the next mod that you have in mind?

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
last time i went i managed 14.2 balling the tires off the line lol just a couple bolt on's and dyno tuned...

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I actually just ordered a new h-pipe and a magnaflow cat back exhaust which I can't wait to get and im looking at new shocks and possibly some control arms in the next couple months. And 14.2 is pretty quick for six. What kind of bolt ons are u talking?
Dantheman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
I actually just ordered a new h-pipe and a magnaflow cat back exhaust which I can't wait to get and im looking at new shocks and possibly some control arms in the next couple months. And 14.2 is pretty quick for six. What kind of bolt ons are u talking?
lol read his sig

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Yeah still had the cats on it then (later found out they were half a$$ clogged when it was cut out) and like a 2.3 60' -_-

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track