yes yes yes !!!!! :) new times - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pony up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: denham springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 149
yes yes yes !!!!! :) new times

Ok so some of you know I been struggling with my time and seriously stuck in the 13, s well check out this from last night.... and yes yhis is one happy happy girl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130119_075348.png
Views:	170
Size:	381.3 KB
ID:	86316   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130119_075404.png
Views:	161
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	86317  

__________________


"After the third flip, I lost control"

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"
Pony up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony up View Post
Ok so some of you know I been struggling with my time and seriously stuck in the 13, s well check out this from last night.... and yes yhis is one happy happy girl
Very nice!!! With that MPH I can tell you don't have alot of mods! Perhaps just tune and gears?
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pony up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: denham springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 149
yep... now i am looking for underdrive pulley and delete plates

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

need suggestions on site to get cheap delete plates and underdrive pulley lol
Pony up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony up View Post
yep... now i am looking for underdrive pulley and delete plates

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

need suggestions on site to get cheap delete plates and underdrive pulley lol
Well summit had some pulleys for 150 and I don't recommend delete plates unless you have 410s or 430s, do you have headers yet?
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pony up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: denham springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

Well summit had some pulleys for 150 and I don't recommend delete plates unless you have 410s or 430s, do you have headers yet?
I have 410 gears
__________________


"After the third flip, I lost control"

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"
Pony up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Well I'd go headers and UD pulleys first cmdp plates are worth much
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Well I'd go headers and UD pulleys first cmdp plates are worth much
Delete plates are not bad at all. A viable alternative to the manifold swap for a little less HP.

OP, what kind of tires? 104 and 12.6 with a 1.7 is no street tire. Great runs!
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
very nice lady!
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pony up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: denham springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 149
i have nitto drags
Pony up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony up View Post
i have nitto drags
Sweet. Any gears or weight reduction? etc? Non power mods?
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Sweet. Any gears or weight reduction? etc? Non power mods?
She has 410s, 3200-3500 stall and a tune from what I know
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
She has 410s, 3200-3500 stall and a tune from what I know
Ahh. Cool.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Ahh. Cool.
Ya haha makes you wonder how much faster you can go
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Nice run and back up girl.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Ya haha makes you wonder how much faster you can go
Well 12.4s are absolutely there. Have not been able to pull the same launches in cold weather. Maybe a 12.2 with a DR. Can't wait until March.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

Well 12.4s are absolutely there. Have not been able to pull the same launches in cold weather. Maybe a 12.2 with a DR. Can't wait until March.
Sounds like you've been tinkering with the heads.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Sounds like you've been tinkering with the heads.
No sir.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

No sir.
If that's the case, a little tinkering will get you 11s
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

If that's the case, a little tinkering will get you 11s
I'm planning on possibly boring out to a 5.0 down the long line but short term I've looked at heads. But might do FRRP Manifold and TB with a new dyno tune first.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Well 12.4s are absolutely there. Have not been able to pull the same launches in cold weather. Maybe a 12.2 with a DR. Can't wait until March.
Heat up the tires more.. My best launch/hook up was in the 30's outside haha
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post

Heat up the tires more.. My best launch/hook up was in the 30's outside haha
Heating up street tires is counter productive. It does NOT help. My 1.81 60' foot times are launching at 5500 to 6k with zero burn out.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Heating up street tires is counter productive. It does NOT help. My 1.81 60' foot times are launching at 5500 to 6k with zero burn out.
Not all of them.. My nitto 555's (not the R's) love heat and they are a street tire
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post

Not all of them.. My nitto 555's (not the R's) love heat and they are a street tire
Those are the tires I have. They get immediately more slippier after a burn out. Most noticeably in second. I tear through second even on hot weather. At 1.81 heating obviously has not been a factor.

What are your 60 foot times?
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Those are the tires I have. They get immediately more slippier after a burn out. Most noticeably in second. I tear through second even on hot weather. At 1.81 heating obviously has not been a factor.

What are your 60 foot times?
1.96 launching at 2200 on footbrake, only have 240rwhp though :p
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
1.96 launching at 2200 on footbrake, only have 240rwhp though :p
Not trying to be rude, but just a legit question. How can you say your tire "loves" to be heated up when you're nailing just 1.96 60'? Get what I am saying? The argument defeats itself. I am not sure if I am explaining myself correctly.

Either way, 1.99 and faster is not bad for any street tire.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Not trying to be rude, but just a legit question. How can you say your tire "loves" to be heated up when you're nailing just 1.96 60'? Get what I am saying? The argument defeats itself. I am not sure if I am explaining myself correctly.

Either way, 1.99 and faster is not bad for any street tire.
Because my times improved when I heated them up more..
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
Because my times improved when I heated them up more..
That was most likely a coincidence due to your driving skill improving. Warming up street tires makes them slimy so to speak, not sticky.

I am willing to bet you're just getting better and better
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

That was most likely a coincidence due to your driving skill improving. Warming up street tires makes them slimy so to speak, not sticky.

I am willing to bet you're just getting better and better
I know it makes normal street tires slick, they're not meant to be heat cycled, and i tell that to everyone using normal ones, but mine didn't do that maybe I got a weird batch of tires I don't know.. Launching skill may have improved but if they got slicker then skill wouldn't matter lol
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
I know it makes normal street tires slick, they're not meant to be heat cycled, and i tell that to everyone using normal ones, but mine didn't do that maybe I got a weird batch of tires I don't know.. Launching skill may have improved but if they got slicker then skill wouldn't matter lol
I'd rather take the credit for being a better driver lol.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pony up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: denham springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 149
Yeah 410 gears...
__________________


"After the third flip, I lost control"

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"
Pony up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Delete plates are not bad at all. A viable alternative to the manifold swap for a little less HP.

OP, what kind of tires? 104 and 12.6 with a 1.7 is no street tire. Great runs!
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:05 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.