Marina autocross - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
This Sunday. July 7.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Well, it was an interesting day. Whoever set up the track this month should be banned from ever doing so again. The small cars had difficulty with it. Even Peggy was complaining. I'm no longer a virgin, I popped off two cones and Im pretty sure that I've found the point where my car spins out at. It was a good track for the drifters though. Lol. The GTR did well . I ended up about 5 seconds behind Bob and it was good enough , I believe, for second place in ESP. (Pending official results). The next event is in two weeks. August 4. Hope y'all can make it!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Well, it was an interesting day. Whoever set up the track this month should be banned from ever doing so again. The small cars had difficulty with it. Even Peggy was complaining. I'm no longer a virgin, I popped off two cones and Im pretty sure that I've found the point where my car spins out at. It was a good track for the drifters though. Lol. The GTR did well . I ended up about 5 seconds behind Bob and it was good enough , I believe, for second place in ESP. (Pending official results). The next event is in two weeks. August 4. Hope y'all can make it!
I'm sorry the track sucked, I wish I could have gone. Sounds like you had some fun exploring the limits of your Bullitts handling. I still don't think it's fair that Bob and Joe can run r-spec tires in our class
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1075 View Post
I'm sorry the track sucked, I wish I could have gone. Sounds like you had some fun exploring the limits of your Bullitts handling. I still don't think it's fair that Bob and Joe can run r-spec tires in our class
Joe needs tracks laid down on the course. He didn't do so good. And funny story about Bob. I showed up in the morning, well, to cheat. ESP wasn't running till the afternoon so I figured that I'd go in the morning to walk the course and get a jump on the competition. So who's car do I see when I get there? Bob's. He's already walking the course. I said "WTH Bob? We don't run until the afternoon." He grins and says "I know." Lmao. He's pretty serious about this. He said that his wife thought he was crazy to go so early. I walked the track more times than I drove it, and I think that Bob did also.I hope that you guys can make it on Sunday and run in the ACTUAL street tire class with me. Ive begun to call the class that Bob runs in ESP+. Lol. There should also be some word, at that time, about whether or not there will be a next season at Marina.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

That's not surprising. He plays it off like he's not that serious but he is. What class are you thinking you will run in next time?
Old 07-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Im staying in ESP. I was just saying the guys on R-spec should be in a class called ESP+. I think that Gary Fazekas in the stock class is running R-specs. Can't get away from it. I may actually buy a set depending on if there will be another season or not. Seems like everyone is waiting to hear about the fate of the Marina location before making improvements to their cars.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, I see what you meant. I sure hope we will get another year of autox fun at the Marina Location. It would be a shame if we had to drive over the hill to autox;( I would hate if I was the only one on street tires in ESP, but it sure would be fun on race tires.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, hopefully there will be some good news this Sunday. I hear you about the tires. That is exactly my problem. When you aren't there, I AM the only one in ESP on street tires. I'm perfectly happy battling it out with you, since we are so close with our times, and just let Bob do his own thing, but, when you aren't there he is the next person in my sights, naturally. As long as you show up in the Bullitt, I'll be on street tires, but if you get another car and start running another class, I'll have to go to the R-specs and go after Bob. This would be so much cheaper and easier if we all agreed to race on street tires, but, you never know who's going to show up and run in the class, on what tires.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

It was a good day at the autocross Sunday. Still no solid word on the fate of the Marina location though. The general consensus seems to be that we won't know until early next year. I don't think I'll be buying any R-specs on a "maybe". Cones, cones and more cones. They kept jumping out in front of my car. And this time, I was almost "the guy" who took out the timing lights at the finish line. I missed them by about a foot and DNF'd on the last lap. I got greedy at the end of what would have been my fastest competition lap. You should have seen the look of horror on the course workers faces. Lol. I ended up in second place again in ESP. I'm closing the gap between Bob and I. We're now about 4 seconds apart in competition runs and I narrowed that down even further, during fun runs, to where we are only 2 seconds apart. And Joe rode with Mary Pozzi for a few laps and it seemed to really help him. He's now only about 2 seconds behind me. I think that's awesome! Maybe now, what should be the fastest Mustang in ESP will start making a good showing. Ive been lobbying for the regulars in our class to start running on street tires. Bob and Joe look like they're getting tired of swapping tires and both seemed receptive to the idea. Hopefully they'll pull through and we will all be on an even playing field at the next event.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

That's awesome that you did so well, even if you killed some cones and DNF'd. It's good to hear that they were receptive to running street tires in future events, but I doubt they will give that advantage up. Hopefully they can work out another agreement with the City of Marina, but even if it gets squashed I know we will find an alternative.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

I know. I'm probably being over optimistic, as usual. I think that Bob wants to win the season so it would largely depend on who shows up as to what tires that he uses. We're not to much of a threat, points wise, to him. And Joe should probably just stay on the R specs. In any event, (Bold statement to follow) I think that I can get close to Bobs times, with me running on street tires and him on R's. All of my improvement has just been me, I haven't done anything to the car. And it is weak. Lol. Hopefully, before, the next event, I'll have time to install some of the new parts that I have. That and stickier street tires and we'll be close. Close enough for me anyways. It's all just for fun and I like having someone to chase. I forgot to mention, there was a Boss 302 at the last event with the driver fresh out of "racing school". He, kind of, turned his nose up at my car so I didn't mention to him that he might want to lose the Pirrelli's that were on his car. Lol. He's running times slightly HIGHER than Joe. Hehe...
Old 08-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know. I'm probably being over optimistic, as usual. I think that Bob wants to win the season so it would largely depend on who shows up as to what tires that he uses. We're not to much of a threat, points wise, to him. And Joe should probably just stay on the R specs. In any event, (Bold statement to follow) I think that I can get close to Bobs times, with me running on street tires and him on R's. All of my improvement has just been me, I haven't done anything to the car. And it is weak. Lol. Hopefully, before, the next event, I'll have time to install some of the new parts that I have. That and stickier street tires and we'll be close. Close enough for me anyways. It's all just for fun and I like having someone to chase. I forgot to mention, there was a Boss 302 at the last event with the driver fresh out of "racing school". He, kind of, turned his nose up at my car so I didn't mention to him that he might want to lose the Pirrelli's that were on his car. Lol. He's running times slightly HIGHER than Joe. Hehe...
Ha! Serves that Boss right. We all drive mustangs, its too bad some people are insecure and dog lesser mustangs out. And he just did a racing school huh? Sounds like he should ask for his money back. Those Bosses should destroy us with a half decent driver.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys. The next event is this Sunday, Sept 8. It really snuck up on me.
I didn't have time to do anything to my car so it will still be in stock, worn out form. Although, I may throw the new sway bar bushings in tomorrow.
I met another local Bullitt owner (black) and he may show up. Maybe. We all know how that goes...
The season is winding down... I hope you guys can make it.

Be there or be square...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

We are all on street tires today.
I'll see how it goes...
Old 09-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Well that didn't go so well. Im pretty sure that I ended up dead last in ESP. Lol. I closed the gap between Bob and I, but, Joe pulled off a half second better time than I did. Neither Bob nor I felt like we brought our "A" game today. Joe did tremendous. You should have seen how happy he was. Im extremely pleased that he is doing so good. He seems to be better on street tires, so, I'm going to start suggesting that he goes back to the R's. Lol.
I changed my sway bar bushings and the car felt pretty good, but, the driver seems to be having some difficulty.
Back to the drawing board
Old 09-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well that didn't go so well. Im pretty sure that I ended up dead last in ESP. Lol. I closed the gap between Bob and I, but, Joe pulled off a half second better time than I did. Neither Bob nor I felt like we brought our "A" game today. Joe did tremendous. You should have seen how happy he was. Im extremely pleased that he is doing so good. He seems to be better on street tires, so, I'm going to start suggesting that he goes back to the R's. Lol.
I changed my sway bar bushings and the car felt pretty good, but, the driver seems to be having some difficulty.
Back to the drawing board
I'm shocked Joe did so well! Like you said, I'm happy he's improving. I saw the Facebook post stating that they designed a fast course to satisfy us heavier cars, did it seem like a fast course to you?
Old 09-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Good question.

I remember standing in the pit, afterwards, not really sure how I felt about that course.
I wasnt having a great day though...

Im going to say no.
There wasn't any "long" straightaway and there were two, not that easy, slaloms.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

What a difference tires make...
A new set of Dunlop Direzza Zll's and I'm knocking on the back door of the points leader in ESP. I finished almost exactly one second behind Bob...
Dennis put together a very nice track for this event!
It was an AWESOME day!!!!!!
An excellent showing of Mustangs, both old and new. There were two beautiful first generation 'Stangs. A coupe and a fastback. The coupe is owned by Mike Maier of Maier Racing. The car is Badass. He was, consistently, running high 48 second laps. By comparison, my best lap was a 54.7
And the Boss 302 was back. He struggled again, but, there is definite signs of improvement. He seemed much more humble than the first time that he was there.
That's the initiation into autocross. Check your ego at the gate...
There was a couple of New Edges that I have never seen before. Not sure how they did..
The times that were posted looked very disorganized to me, so, I'm not 100% sure where I placed. I'll have to wait for the official results, but I'm very pleased with my performance at this event.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #89
ME Bloodhound
Staff

1 more week until the next autocross... Which i will be going to. Can't wait to see all 3 colors of Bullitt in one place dodging cones.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
1 more week until the next autocross... Which i will be going to. Can't wait to see all 3 colors of Bullitt in one place dodging cones.
We're going to have all of the West Coast Mustang Evolution Bullitts there.
All of the active users anyway...
I wish that I could figure out a way to get 2300turboford here...

I'm really looking forward to this!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #91
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I've got a mount for my phone i can use, i used it inside my car before but its a paint to get a good angle, the only good angle blocks my view. I might try outside the car this time. I'll just make sure i have my lifeproof case on.

HID end all thread
Old 10-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm so stoked you're coming Andrew! This should fun. All three colors of Bullitts in one place? I sense a photo shoot coming on
Old 10-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We're going to have all of the West Coast Mustang Evolution Bulliits there. All of the active users anyway... I wish that I could figure out a way to get 2300turboford here... I'm really looking forward to this!!!
So there might be four 01 Bullitts there? That has to be a rare sight.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Pics
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've got a mount for my phone i can use, i used it inside my car before but its a paint to get a good angle, the only good angle blocks my view. I might try outside the car this time. I'll just make sure i have my lifeproof case on.
Sweet! I'll have my Go pro to record my runs. I've heard those cases are indestructible! ESP will be invaded by Bullitts!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
Pics
I'm positive we will take lots of pics.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm positive we will take lots of pics.
i cant wait to see those pics
let me know when u post pics bro

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
i cant wait to see those pics let me know when u post pics bro
+1
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #99
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I'm probably going to be too excited to finally race my car again that i'm going to go too hard and mess up lol... First time doing any type of racing with the new 18x9/10s.

HID end all thread
Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
i cant wait to see those pics let me know when u post pics bro
I sure will.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm probably going to be too excited to finally race my car again that i'm going to go too hard and mess up lol... First time doing any type of racing with the new 18x9/10s.
The first time I went out on my new wheels, I assumed they would grip a lot better than they did, and pushed far too hard. It's best to just have fun and you will gradually find the limits of your new set up.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No word on Bullitt #4 yet.
Hopefully he'll get back to me...
Old 10-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #103
ME Bloodhound
Staff

It would be awesome to see 4 Bullitts in one place...... But letz be honest, mine will be the best

HID end all thread
Old 10-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No word on Bullitt #4 yet. Hopefully he'll get back to me...
At least we have Andrew repping the DHG Bullitt, who needs two black Bullitts anyway? But if he shows it would pretty cool though. I just pulled some more timing from my horrible tune, and now it seems to be running great. I pulled a total of 4 degrees of timing, I just don't have much time to drive it and dial it in. But I'm feeling like we're close with the tune right now.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #105
ME Bloodhound
Staff

My goal at the end of summer was to work on suspension.... But i ended up spending it on the wheels and tires lol. And now my main focus is saving up for the cosmetic overhaul

HID end all thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track