2011 v6 vs 2008 gt - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You guys gotta remember that the HP and TQ numbers you guys have been throwing out is the peak power. A V8 will be able to keep a good amount of power through the entire powerband while the V6 won't. It the GT gets a good launch and hits his shifts I'd put my money on the GT
Respectfully I must disagree. You have clearly never driven a 91 or 93 hybrid tuned 11 plus v6 with a CAI. A good tuned 11 plus V6 makes good power throughout the entire powerband. Low, mid and high with the hybrid tune.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabesayegh View Post

Both had stock gears and yes he had intake and tune
Again your 06 GT stock gears may be different than your buddies 13 v6 stock gears. So what was your stock gearing at the time you guys raced? Which gears does your buddy have?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Respectfully I must disagree. You have clearly never driven a 91 or 93 hybrid tuned 11 plus v6 with a CAI. A good tuned 11 plus V6 makeS good power throughout the entire powerband. Low, mid and high with the hybrid tune.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------



Again your 06 GT stock gears may be different than your buddies 13 v6 stock gears. So what was your stock gearing at the time you guys raced? Which gears does your buddy have?
It does make good power but the V8 STILL makes better power is what we're saying. It isn't about agreeing.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

It does make good power but the V8 STILL makes better power is what we're saying. It isn't about agreeing.
I knew you would say that. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #39
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Yea a V6 may put out some power throughout the powerband. But physics pretty much makes it so the V8 will always put out better powerband power.

There is only so much we can do to argue. The only real way to settle this is to see the time slip(s).
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I knew you would say that. Lol
Hehe, bottom line, THE ONLY DYNO that matters is a drag strip. Period.

Did you miss my response to the end of the last page? About the guy shifting at 5k or w/e?
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Hehe, bottom line, THE ONLY DYNO that matters is a drag strip. Period.

Did you miss my response to the end of the last page? About the guy shifting at 5k or w/e?
Yes sir, Lol. I'm still waiting for the guy to tell me what gears he was running as well as his buddy
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Yes sir, Lol. I'm still waiting for the guy to tell me what gears he was running as well as his buddy
Gears will not make enough difference under the circumstances in his story.

He be lyin', son!
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Gears will not make enough difference under the circumstances in his story.

He be lyin', son!
Lol. See I don't drive manual so I wouldn't know if what he wrote even makes sense or not. I do know the gear ratio in the cars do make a huge difference. If a 08 Gt had 2:73 gears on it just for argument sake then it wouldn't be that good off the line even with the same torque numbers. The biggest issue with the 11 plus V6 is not the bad power it makes but those 2:73 gears. Its just down low power and if the 08 Gt's were rocking 2:73 stock then they too would be way slower off the line..
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Lol. See I don't drive manual so I wouldn't know if what he wrote even makes sense or not. I do know the gear ratio in the cars do make a huge difference. If a 08 Gt had 2:73 gears on it just for argument sake then it wouldn't be that good off the line even with the same torque numbers. The biggest issue with the 11 plus V6 is not the bad power it makes but those 2:73 gears. Its just down low power and if the 08 Gt's were rocking 2:73 stock then they too would be way slower off the line..
Yes, but gears are not magic. They are good for .3 to .4 tenths going from 2.73 to 4.10 from 2.73 to 3:55 he may get a .2 advantage. They FEEL better than they are.

Remember a car with a longer gear will make less torque but MORE hp.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Yes, but gears are not magic. They are good for .3 to .4 tenths going from 2.73 to 4.10 from 2.73 to 3:55 he may get a .2 advantage. They FEEL better than they are.

Remember a car with a longer gear will make less torque but MORE hp.
Well at least they feel like your in a rocket with 3:73 gears or 4:10. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
This is how I see the race going (drivers being equal and all)!... The GT will get off the line first and will maintain a good lead up until about half track, at which point the V6 will close in and gain back that ground at the top end. I'll still give the win to the GT, but I think it will still be a close race. These new V6s are quick but their power seems to only hit hard on the top end. I've ran against a few and that's the way it always seems, I'll get the jump off the line but they will catch back up on the top end.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
This is how I see the race going (drivers being equal and all)!... The GT will get off the line first and will maintain a good lead up until about half track, at which point the V6 will close in and gain back that ground at the top end. I'll still give the win to the GT, but I think it will still be a close race. These new V6s are quick but their power seems to only hit hard on the top end. I've ran against a few and that's the way it always seems, I'll get the jump off the line but they will catch back up on the top end.
Very good prediction and yes in its stock factory form the newer v6 models make there best power on the mid to higher range and weak on its low end off line acceleration. This weak off line acceleration is largely contributed to its 2:73 gears. Those gears sole purpose is to maximize MPG and that's it. The 2:73 offers no performance at all. The v6 models that are running factory 3:31 gears are easily running 0-60 MPH in 5.1 to 5.2 seconds. That is similar to 08 Gt is running and they have 45 more torque. The real issue with the v6 model is the 2;73 gears. If the OP is running 3:31 gears then they will get off the line just as quick as the 08 Gt being that drivers are equal. If a 08 Gt had 2:73 gears then it would not get off the line as fast as it does now. That's all the gears.

Even if the 08 Gt pulls off line slightly faster, the V6 will be just around feet from the Gt door panel. Once half way down track the v6 is gonna shoot past the GT because of tune and mid to high power the v6 makes. The key is being able to keep up off the line. Once your even off the line, the v6 mid power will pass him. V6 for the win. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Very good prediction and yes in its stock factory form the newer v6 models make there best power on the mid to higher range and weak on its low end off line acceleration. This weak off line acceleration is largely contributed to its 2:73 gears. Those gears sole purpose is to maximize MPG and that's it. The 2:73 offers no performance at all. The v6 models that are running factory 3:31 gears are easily running 0-60 MPH in 5.1 to 5.2 seconds. That is similar to 08 Gt is running and they have 45 more torque. The real issue with the v6 model is the 2;73 gears. If the OP is running 3:31 gears then they will get off the line just as quick as the 08 Gt being that drivers are equal. If a 08 Gt had 2:73 gears then it would not get off the line as fast as it does now. That's all the gears.

Even if the 08 Gt pulls off line slightly faster, the V6 will be just around feet from the Gt door panel. Once half way down track the v6 is gonna shoot past the GT because of tune and mid to high power the v6 makes. The key is being able to keep up off the line. Once your even off the line, the v6 mid power will pass him. V6 for the win. Lol
As formidable as the new V6 are, we are still talking stock vs modded. Mod for mod it would be pretty nasty.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

As formidable as the new V6 are, we are still talking stock vs modded. Mod for mod it would be pretty nasty.
I think a fully factory stock 11 plus V6 with factory 3:31 gears vs 08 Gt factory stock with factory 3:31 gears, the 08 Gt has it by half car length. Close a$$ race. Stock for stock or mod for mod they are so close to each other. Every one talks about how bad the low end on the 11 v6 is but thats because the 2:73 gears. If the 11plus v6 had 3:55 or 3:73 gears like most Gt's have, the low end would and acceleration off the line would be good. You can get the v6 to start strong off the line , but you need the right gearing like the older Gt's have. I would love to see how fair a 08 Gt takes off from the line with 2:73 gears. The 11 v6 are really little beasts just waiting to be unlocked to release its potential. I know the big joke about the v6 is its the secretary's commuter car that looks good and no performance. Any car that rockets 0-60 in around 5.1 to 5.2 seconds (3:31 gears) that's no secretary's car anymore. I'll tell ya one thing, the driver of that 08 GT better be on his top "A" game of driving because there is no room for era. They better be perfect because the 11 will be right at his corner panel.lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
UOP Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 201
If I had to wager, I'd bet the GT.


I know it was asked based on equal drivers but it sounds like this is going to the track. In that case, my money goes on the car with the better drag tires / better driver combo.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Cuz all that ***** don't mean ***** if you can't hook up!
__________________

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #51
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Guess who took it??
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #52
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Yes sir, Lol. I'm still waiting for the guy to tell me what gears he was running as well as his buddy
Lol neither of the cars are mine. I know the guy who owns the v6. And gears I think they're both stock. But the gt won by like a car length.. two times.. but if they would of kept going the v6 would of won he was catching up
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post
If I had to wager, I'd bet the GT.

I know it was asked based on equal drivers but it sounds like this is going to the track. In that case, my money goes on the car with the better drag tires / better driver combo.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Cuz all that ***** don't mean ***** if you can't hook up!
Now that's darn true.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Why is every tripping balls about AMs hybrid tune????????? It's slower then the Race tune
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Why is every tripping balls about AMs hybrid tune????????? It's slower then the Race tune
Respectfully, I'm not sure that is correct. I have installed and used all 4 tunes and the Hybrid is the most aggressive tune AM makes. It combines all the benefits of the race tune plus the street tune for maximum power from low end off the line, acceleration, mid power and high end power. I certainly would defer that to Shane or Dan about the race tune being faster than the Hybrid tune. I think the Hybrid tune is just a slight more aggressive than the race tune. Its certainly my favorite of the tunes, the Hybrid tune. My car feels to pull harder and better off the line acceleration with the hybrid tune over the race tune.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714 View Post

Lol neither of the cars are mine. I know the guy who owns the v6. And gears I think they're both stock. But the gt won by like a car length.. two times.. but if they would of kept going the v6 would of won he was catching up
Sounds like it was a good race and certainly congrats to the 08GT on the win. I keep hearing about how the gears were both stock. Respectfully, that does not tell a whole lot. The 11 plus v6 factory stock gears were 2:73 or 3:31. So again which does the 11 v6 have. Based upon the OP's original post, and never mentioned about having the PP or upgraded 3;31 gears I'm going to guess the 11 V6 was running the 2:73 gears.

Again you say the 08 Gt gears were stock but that doesn't mean anything. Factory stock gears could be they came with 3:55's right from Ford. My neighbor has a 09 Gt with factory stock 3:55 gears. If I'm not mistaken one could order from factory stock 3:73 gears with the Gt's.

So again what factory stock gears did the 08 Gt have? That really makes a huge difference. The Gt will hit his sweet a$$ power band way quicker with 3:55's compared to 2:73 gears and accelerate off the line way faster. The 11 will be playing catch up because of the crappy 2:73 gears which they won't cut the mustard.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Sounds like it was a good race and certainly congrats to the 08GT on the win. I keep hearing about how the gears were both stock. Respectfully, that does not tell a whole lot. The 11 plus v6 factory stock gears were 2:73 or 3:31. So again which does the 11 v6 have. Based upon the OP's original post, and never mentioned about having the PP or upgraded 3;31 gears I'm going to guess the 11 V6 was running the 2:73 gears.

Again you say the 08 Gt gears were stock but that doesn't mean anything. Factory stock gears could be they came with 3:55's right from Ford. My neighbor has a 09 Gt with factory stock 3:55 gears. If I'm not mistaken one could order from factory stock 3:73 gears with the Gt's.

So again what factory stock gears did the 08 Gt have? That really makes a huge difference. The Gt will hit his sweet a$$ power band way quicker with 3:55's compared to 2:73 gears and accelerate off the line way faster. The 11 will be playing catch up because of the crappy 2:73 gears which they won't cut the mustard.
Actually it does tell a whole lot!.. Being that the V6 does not have that good a power band than the V8. It is what it is.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

Actually it does tell a whole lot!.. Being that the V6 does not have that good a power band than the V8. It is what it is.
So if a stock 08 Gt had 2:73 gears and raced a stock 08 Gt with 3:55 gears or 3:73 gears, your saying the 2:73 geared car would finish the 1/4 mile same exact time because its the same identical car with same power band. Wow, heck sounds like the 2:73 gear ratio is the way to go. Why even get any other gear ratio.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

So if a stock 08 Gt had 2:73 gears and raced a stock 08 Gt with 3:55 gears or 3:73 gears, your saying the 2:73 geared car would finish the 1/4 mile same exact time because its the same identical car with same power band. Wow, heck sounds like the 2:73 gear ratio is the way to go. Why even get any other gear ratio.
I'm saying the V6 power band is not as good as the V8!... The GT won!.. Get over it dude!..

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

The V8 has a lot more usable power than the V6.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

I'm saying the V6 power band is not as good as the V8!... The GT won!.. Get over it dude!..
Give me a few seconds. Okay, I'm over it now. I'm jelly with joy for the Gt. Great job!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
There was a video of this on youtube when the new 300 HP v6 came out that was done by a magazine. Obviously the GT won above but it also, obviously, won in the video. The GT gets off the line quicker and never looks back, but the v6 does start gaining towards the end which I'll assume is because of the better transmission.

Sorry if your ears bleed after hearing the crappy music. The video might be better on mute lol

__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So if a stock 08 Gt had 2:73 gears and raced a stock 08 Gt with 3:55 gears or 3:73 gears, your saying the 2:73 geared car would finish the 1/4 mile same exact time because its the same identical car with same power band. Wow, heck sounds like the 2:73 gear ratio is the way to go. Why even get any other gear ratio.
I can not stress this enough. GEAR RATIOS WILL NOT PLAY THAT HUGE OF A FACTOR. I only know one other language hehe

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Respectfully, I'm not sure that is correct. I have installed and used all 4 tunes and the Hybrid is the most aggressive tune AM makes. It combines all the benefits of the race tune plus the street tune for maximum power from low end off the line, acceleration, mid power and high end power. I certainly would defer that to Shane or Dan about the race tune being faster than the Hybrid tune. I think the Hybrid tune is just a slight more aggressive than the race tune. Its certainly my favorite of the tunes, the Hybrid tune. My car feels to pull harder and better off the line acceleration with the hybrid tune over the race tune.
If you have never been to a track, it is all hearsay.

ET to back up any claim is the ONLY proof that matters. Fact.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

I can not stress this enough. GEAR RATIOS WILL NOT PLAY THAT HUGE OF A FACTOR. I only know one other language hehe

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------



If you have never been to a track, it is all hearsay.

ET to back up any claim is the ONLY proof that matters. Fact.
Gears are not a real factor? Your kidding right? Really???? Okay bro!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Respectfully, I'm not sure that is correct. I have installed and used all 4 tunes and the Hybrid is the most aggressive tune AM makes. It combines all the benefits of the race tune plus the street tune for maximum power from low end off the line, acceleration, mid power and high end power. I certainly would defer that to Shane or Dan about the race tune being faster than the Hybrid tune. I think the Hybrid tune is just a slight more aggressive than the race tune. Its certainly my favorite of the tunes, the Hybrid tune. My car feels to pull harder and better off the line acceleration with the hybrid tune over the race tune.
Email AM and ask them, if your going for fastest ET they will say use the race tune, many people already tried both at the track, with best results still going to the race tune
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post

Email AM and ask them, if your going for fastest ET they will say use the race tune, many people already tried both at the track, with best results still going to the race tune
Just got off the phone with American Muscle and spoke to the tuning department. According to AM, the hybrid tune is currently there most aggressive, powerful tune they make. The hybrid tune provides you the most aggressive power and throttle response over the race tune.

I won't swear to it but I'm pretty confident that the company that produced the race and hybrid tune may know a thing or two about the tunes they design. Of course, I'm just spit balling here and certainly no tuning expert however just passing on the information from AM
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Best way to find out is go to the track and see
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by basohol View Post
best way to find out is go to the track and see
only. Thing. That. Matters.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

only. Thing. That. Matters.
Very true. The numbers don't lie
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gabesayegh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fontana
Region: California
Posts: 93
GT FOR THE WIN
Gabesayegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Tags
2011 v6

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:49 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.