I got challenged - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
My '04 GT will pull on that Camaro!.. So your Mustang will have no problems with it!.. And I so suggest getting some practice runs in before you run him.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Does anyone else remember that thread of that stock 05-09 GT vs the 11-12 V6 like a couple weeks ago? The GT still won, you have the same engine; and the 11+ Mustang V6 is faster than the 10+ Camaro V6, so if you just think a little it should be clear who the winner should be.
Once again. I know that my car is obviously faster. I was wondering if it would make a difference because I have no experience on the track and he has quite a bit. But it's been answered.
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlueGT View Post
Once again. I know that my car is obviously faster. I was wondering if it would make a difference because I have no experience on the track and he has quite a bit. But it's been answered.
Well the truth that everyone dances around is that experience is ALWAYS the biggest factor. But be hopeful because it doesn't mean he is actually good.

Your car is faster, doesn't mean that you will win. Don't sweat, it is just for fun.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
tell your friends dad he is an idiot that watches to many movies
+1
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

If they both are autos, does experience really matter?
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Experience ALWAYS matters

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I've seen auto 3v run 15s high 14s, the driver was some 17 year old snot nosed kid tho

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #43

Go to a track, ANY track, and run your car but remember EXACTLY how you prepped for that run (rpms at launch, how hard you hold the brakes, what psi you have in the tires, etc) and write it down. Let your car cool down for 15-20 minutes and change 1 thing about how you run your car, see what results it gives you. It takes time to "tune" the best numbers out of your car. That's how the pros get where they are at, by logging data as they race, that's a proven method. Play with your car, experience means alot, however if you've been doing it wrong for 10 years then you could get beat by someone who knows how to weed through the bulls**** that you hear and apply proven race methods. Have fun and whoop his a$$!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
I've seen auto 3v run 15s high 14s, the driver was some 17 year old snot nosed kid tho
I'm 17 haha but I'm not cocky, just trying to learn.
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm 17 haha but I'm not cocky, just trying to learn.
Haha lol ya the kid was a dbag, I watched a few of his runs then gave him advice and he sorta just laughed it off, dumb kid was doing a John force style burnout every pass on street radials, when I lined up against him and the light dropped I let him get out about 5-6 car lengths before I went and still passed him before the end of the 1/4 lol

Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Experience is a lot, my car can do a 13.8-13.9 stock but when I went the the track for the first time the best I pulled was a 14.3. My average was 14.7-15, but that was only 3 days after I got it and had terrible traction off the line must runs. You just gotta get a feel for your car.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

All I know is that you NEED to record this. And never race for pinks.... Ever. Haha even against a Prius never race for pinks just to be safe. But I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation, Camaro drivers are 99% mustang haters and if he challenged you and you win it would be a major feat of the **** talking camaro **** and a mighty victory to all of us in the mustang community. God speed my friend
Michaelgranlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Take him to the track. Your car would decimate him and leave him jn the dist. Smoke him and take his ****ty camaro and give it back to him and say you don't want it. That will teach him a lesson. That should shut him up unless he's stupid, but then again he bought a camaro
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Any tips on launching? And what are good tires that should I buy? Any tips on drag racing an automatic are appreciated!
make it hook and flat foot it ! .... practice just practice.... just like anything else, we can all sit here and tell you but wont make a diff till you do it...

i can tell you what i do
i let air pressure out my tires a little then
i lite my tires up to get them sticky
then i stage up till my first stage light is lit
( you might wanna google drag racing christmas tree and practice there also )
then bump your car till the second stage light comes on....
then hold your brake in as hard as you can and stall up you rpms till its just starts to push your car ( usually about 2500-3000 rpms)
before you know it you have 3 amber lights that light up on 1/2 second intervals then a green light...
i usually hit the gas right after the last yellow light comes on and get a good reaction time then i flat foot it.... ... at the end just remember DONT LET OFF lmao

you also wanna make sure you practice your 2 feet and make sure when to hit the gas your left foot is completely off the brakes ( like your knee in your gut) lmao can make a HUGE difference lol

i would wish you good luck but honeslty man you DONT need it your car has his beat just sitting in the driveways

If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough

"After the third flip, I lost control"

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"
Pony up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony up View Post

make it hook and flat foot it ! .... practice just practice.... just like anything else, we can all sit here and tell you but wont make a diff till you do it...

i can tell you what i do
i let air pressure out my tires a little then
i lite my tires up to get them sticky
then i stage up till my first stage light is lit
( you might wanna google drag racing christmas tree and practice there also )
then bump your car till the second stage light comes on....
then hold your brake in as hard as you can and stall up you rpms till its just starts to push your car ( usually about 2500-3000 rpms)
before you know it you have 3 amber lights that light up on 1/2 second intervals then a green light...
i usually hit the gas right after the last yellow light comes on and get a good reaction time then i flat foot it.... ... at the end just remember DONT LET OFF lmao

you also wanna make sure you practice your 2 feet and make sure when to hit the gas your left foot is completely off the brakes ( like your knee in your gut) lmao can make a HUGE difference lol

i would wish you good luck but honeslty man you DONT need it your car has his beat just sitting in the driveways

If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough
Don't load the converter, that doesn't help your time at all, just heats your trans fluid, best to just flash the converter, smash the the gas and go

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track