2nd day at the track! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
2nd day at the track!

I'm at the track right now for my second time, it's a 1/4 drag. Still doing all the vehicle checks. I'll let you guys know how I do tonight. My best time is a 14.29 back before my MGW shifter and 91 Hybrid tune. Hoping to touch 13s today
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
First run of the night. Hoping to edge into 13s by the end
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-209473883.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	100312
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slvr01GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
First run of the night. Hoping to edge into 13s by the end
Keep working on that 60ft time, sounds like a fun way to spend a wed night.
Slvr01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
If you could nail at least a mediocre 2.0 60' you'd be in the 13s and probably 100MPH.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Speed_Mister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Arkansas
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I'm at the track right now for my second time, it's a 1/4 drag. Still doing all the vehicle checks. I'll let you guys know how I do tonight. My best time is a 14.29 back before my MGW shifter and 91 Hybrid tune. Hoping to touch 13s today
Yeah it's all in the launch. on a stock gt with good tires, good launch, fast power shifting should get 13.8 @ 104 maybe faster with a Bullitt idk for sure what performance or suspension wise difference in the gt or Bullitt. And if you have a race tune you should get a 13.5.
__________________
2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
370rwhp 470rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
It's really hard to keep traction on Wednesday nights. As the night goes on the track cools off the ground gets slipperier, and all the people on street tires going through the water and spraying it everywhere, and since its cold it doesn't evaporate so it just stays there on the line. My friend who had slicks on was still spinning off the line. At the end of the night I was launching like I would from just a regular stop light (extremely slow) and rolled into the throttle slowly and still had traction issues. I guess that's what we get for $15
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
It's really hard to keep traction on Wednesday nights. As the night goes on the track cools off the ground gets slipperier, and all the people on street tires going through the water and spraying it everywhere, and since its cold it doesn't evaporate so it just stays there on the line. My friend who had slicks on was still spinning off the line. At the end of the night I was launching like I would from just a regular stop light (extremely slow) and rolled into the throttle slowly and still had traction issues. I guess that's what we get for $15
That is just poor track prep. At ATCO, up until last year you COULD NOT go around the water box and it was never an issue. It isn't a puddle so it is always overstated by everyone. One burn out would dry it. Only cars dripping water at the line (which they barely can even be accused of dripping) are people do not burn out after driving through it.

I have ran in the rain, like literally during rain and slick cars were hooking no issue. Now after a huge downpour, the slick cars would slip a pinch but the track prep is very resistant to the elements when done well.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

That is just poor track prep. At ATCO, up until last year you COULD NOT go around the water box and it was never an issue. It isn't a puddle so it is always overstated by everyone. One burn out would dry it. Only cars dripping water at the line (which they barely can even be accused of dripping) are people do not burn out after driving through it.

I have ran in the rain, like literally during rain and slick cars were hooking no issue. Now after a huge downpour, the slick cars would slip a pinch but the track prep is very resistant to the elements when done well.
Yea our water box is a puddle, and since its cooler out it barely burns up, and they keep spraying down water.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

At the end of the night I felt that the street had better traction than the line.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Yea our water box is a puddle, and since its cooler out it barely burns up, and they keep spraying down water.
A puddle? Any pics? If it is literally a puddle you need to go to a new track lol.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Speed_Mister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Arkansas
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Yea our water box is a puddle, and since its cooler out it barely burns up, and they keep spraying down water.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

At the end of the night I felt that the street had better traction than the line.
That's retarded!
__________________
2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
370rwhp 470rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Speed_Mister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Arkansas
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Yea our water box is a puddle, and since its cooler out it barely burns up, and they keep spraying down water.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

At the end of the night I felt that the street had better traction than the line.
That's retarded!
__________________
2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
370rwhp 470rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

A puddle? Any pics? If it is literally a puddle you need to go to a new track lol.
It's not a deep puddle, but enough to where it could last for quite a few burns. They prep it better for actual competitions and drag days, but Wednesday nights are the street days so they don't put so much effort into it.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:05 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.