Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Well I'm headed to the strip tonight

20K views 285 replies 32 participants last post by  Recon 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm by no means an expert racer and don't really plan on ever getting serious into drag racing, but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks I will run. My mods are:
K&N cai
Bama 91 octane race tune
Bassani O/R X
Magnaflow catback
Steeds Tri-Ax
IRS swap
And I'll be on some 255/40R17 Hankook Ventus RS3 tires

I don't know how heavy my car is but I would assume it's somewhere around a 99-01 Cobra weight. Elevation is somewhere right around 5280 ft so I know that will play havoc with some peoples guesses. My best run has been a 15.03 at 92mph back when the car was 99% stock

#3 ·
I'm just hoping to hit 14s period. My biggest issue so far has been traction when I'm launching, my 60' time has been pretty horrendous every time I've been out.

#5 ·
Not really, they stick great in the corners though. I'll have some 315 Nitto NT05s on the way non the next month so hopefully I can cut down that 60' once they show up

#11 ·
Pretty ticked off right now, I've made one run so far and they've shut down the track three times now for about a half hour each time. I finally got to right here and it starts ****ing raining. I'm definitely not happy at all.

#16 ·
Yeah elevation sucks and I bogged off the line pretty bad so that didn't help much at all. My one pass I made really isn't worth posting. And yes it got rained out, pretty pissed off right now.

#17 ·
I can imagine how frustrating that can be! I've been rained out of the track a couple times, once on my motorcycle to. Driving home an hour and a half in the rain on a Bike wasn't the funnest thing I've ever done!

Best of luck next time. Let us know how your next attempt at the track goes! You should be able to hit 14's with a good launch.

-Dan

#18 ·
Yeah once I get new tires I'm gonna head back and hopefully get some good times. I can't imagine what riding home in the rain on a motorcycle was like

#19 ·
I'm by no means an expert racer and don't really plan on ever getting serious into drag racing, but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks I will run. My mods are:
K&N cai
Bama 91 octane race tune
Bassani O/R X
Magnaflow catback
Steeds Tri-Ax
IRS swap
And I'll be on some 255/40R17 Hankook Ventus RS3 tires

I don't know how heavy my car is but I would assume it's somewhere around a 99-01 Cobra weight. Elevation is somewhere right around 5280 ft so I know that will play havoc with some peoples guesses. My best run has been a 15.03 at 92mph back when the car was 99% stock
I bet your car could run a 13.6 with good cool
Weather, high pressure, maybe like 50% humidity, at sea level, getting your car serviced ect, driver, All these could be affecting your times. weather you just gotta watch what other people are running that day than what they run at best. You said you bogged, that's probably why you ran a 15.8 its all at the 60ft (launch) softer, wider tires will cure that problem.

#20 ·
Yep. I'm ordering my tires next week and then I'm heading back out, I had an atrocious 60'of 2.6 so I know for a fact that it will run in the 14s..

#25 ·
Well time to bump this thread. If it doesn't rain tomorrow then I'm gonna head back and try again for 14s. I've added a Trickflow intake plenum and have some 315 NT05s on the rear since my last visit so I'm curious to see what I can do. Driver mod is still my biggest issue right now.

#39 ·
I'm headed back next Wednesday so we'll see how it goes then. I may try to mess around with giving the tires a quick spin before reaching the line to get some heat in them. I only rode third out one pass and the went slower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.