Who would win? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Who would win?

Theoretical Race. Seeing as neither driver races.

I'm not even sure the Specs or year of the Charger. It is a Daytona Edition. I believe it is completely stock. And automatic.

My ride is an 02 Gt 5-speed. Aftermarket catless Exhaust, 3.73 gear, CAI, and 93 octane tune. Also some fresh nitto 285's in the rear.

This is just for fun, and i'm curious as to who would win. It's a guy i work with's car, and he doesn't speak enough english to tell me about the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3733459385.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	463.3 KB
ID:	120234  
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Theoretical Race. Seeing as neither driver races.

I'm not even sure the Specs or year of the Charger. It is a Daytona Edition. I believe it is completely stock. And automatic.

My ride is an 02 Gt 5-speed. Aftermarket catless Exhaust, 3.73 gear, CAI, and 93 octane tune. Also some fresh nitto 285's in the rear.

This is just for fun, and i'm curious as to who would win. It's a guy i work with's car, and he doesn't speak enough english to tell me about the car.
You would, by a mile. I raced an 08 auto Daytona edition charger when I was stock in my 03. Walked him baaaad
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
That is actually very surprising. I thought it'd be faster. I've looked up videos of new edges racing Chargers, and they got spanked pretty bad. But i figured it'd put up a fight. Thought they had something like 350 hp?
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Theoretical Race. Seeing as neither driver races.

I'm not even sure the Specs or year of the Charger. It is a Daytona Edition. I believe it is completely stock. And automatic.

My ride is an 02 Gt 5-speed. Aftermarket catless Exhaust, 3.73 gear, CAI, and 93 octane tune. Also some fresh nitto 285's in the rear.

This is just for fun, and i'm curious as to who would win. It's a guy i work with's car, and he doesn't speak enough english to tell me about the car.
If its a hemi in there he will smoke you..
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Hood decal says Hemi.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Four Eyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Athol
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 208
Yeah, if that's a HEMI, my guess is that he would spank your a**. Hell, I even had a HEMI jeep play around on the highway, and it was quick.
__________________
1986 GT with the typical poor boy mods. 3.73s, Hurst short throw, King Cobra Clutch with aluminum quadrant, lowered two inches on Eibach springs, Hopefully adding some heads and a decent intake soon!
Four Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
no street racing please

i will say on a track i've seen Hemi R/T Chargers stock run between high 13s to high 14s depending on driver...i'd say with an auto it'd be a mid to high 14 second car. They are boats that have a lot of power just to move their weight. Hopefully Dodge will actually come through with their plans to gut the next model.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Theoretical Race. Seeing as neither driver races.

I'm not even sure the Specs or year of the Charger. It is a Daytona Edition. I believe it is completely stock. And automatic.

My ride is an 02 Gt 5-speed. Aftermarket catless Exhaust, 3.73 gear, CAI, and 93 octane tune. Also some fresh nitto 285's in the rear.

This is just for fun, and i'm curious as to who would win. It's a guy i work with's car, and he doesn't speak enough english to tell me about the car.
If its a hemi in there he will smoke you..
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
No street racing implied, just a hypothetical race. From point A to point B. I know the car is big, but Hemis are pretty quick. As i am getting more used to the power, i feel as though my car is not as fast as i once thought. What all would be needed to keep up with said charger?
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
No street racing implied, just a hypothetical race. From point A to point B. I know the car is big, but Hemis are pretty quick. As i am getting more used to the power, i feel as though my car is not as fast as i once thought. What all would be needed to keep up with said charger?
maybe you missed the part where i said stock they run the same times as you stock

i'd say with your current mods you'll leave him not only off the line but thanks to your 5 speed you'll keep him at bay all the way down the 1320.

feel free to check out dragtimes.com if you wanna see what people who are serious about their cars are running and with what mods . always a good source
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Four Eyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Athol
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
no street racing please

i will say on a track i've seen Hemi R/T Chargers stock run between high 13s to high 14s depending on driver...i'd say with an auto it'd be a mid to high 14 second car. They are boats that have a lot of power just to move their weight. Hopefully Dodge will actually come through with their plans to gut the next model.
Correct me if Im wrong, but every charger was an automatic I thought.
__________________
1986 GT with the typical poor boy mods. 3.73s, Hurst short throw, King Cobra Clutch with aluminum quadrant, lowered two inches on Eibach springs, Hopefully adding some heads and a decent intake soon!
Four Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post

Correct me if Im wrong, but every charger was an automatic I thought.
I've seen the challengers 6 SPD
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post

Correct me if Im wrong, but every charger was an automatic I thought.
All Chargers are auto but have slap shift or paddle shifters. My mom has an 07 RT and its quick but the thing is a boat so its slower than it should be. It would be close but you should edge him out
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
mikehailey02gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: El Paso
Region: Texas
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post
Correct me if Im wrong, but every charger was an automatic I thought.

I believe you are correct, I think that only manual dodge sport car other than the viper is the r/t or SRT8 challenger
__________________
01 GT Vert triple black Bolt Ons
02 GT Bolt Ons performance red- (wrecked)
94 Z28 Bolt Ons blue- (Sold)
02 F150 FX4 silver- (Sold)
98 F150 4x4 white- (Sold)
02 GT mineral gray 1st car stock - (Sold)
mikehailey02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

maybe you missed the part where i said stock they run the same times as you stock

i'd say with your current mods you'll leave him not only off the line but thanks to your 5 speed you'll keep him at bay all the way down the 1320.

feel free to check out dragtimes.com if you wanna see what people who are serious about their cars are running and with what mods . always a good source
Never even knew this site existed. Good stuff man. Found an 02 Gt with almost exact same mods running between 13.4 and 13.6.
I found Daytona Chargers running anywhere between 12.8 and 13.7. So, i'm going to say they are quicker. Or should say, CAN be quicker.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jorge Hernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southgate
Region: California
Posts: 142
My dads truck is a 5.7 he I 2013 dodge ram that thing has balls lol

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Hemi
Jorge Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
2V will most likely struggle against those hemis trust me been there ..

I've been able to spank every hemi , srt I've came against . Revenge sure is sweet ..
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Never even knew this site existed. Good stuff man. Found an 02 Gt with almost exact same mods running between 13.4 and 13.6.
I found Daytona Chargers running anywhere between 12.8 and 13.7. So, i'm going to say they are quicker. Or should say, CAN be quicker.
right you found daytona chargers running those times but they weren't stock
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:09 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hickory
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
A buddy of mine has a 300 srt8 that runs a 6.80 1/8th.
Sn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #20
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Dang.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
2V will most likely struggle against those hemis trust me been there ..

I've been able to spank every hemi , srt I've came against . Revenge sure is sweet ..
In this "hypothetical" race the mild modded stang will prevail as long as he doesn't light up the tires off the line. Those hemis are no slouch, but the charger is a pig.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
The Hemi cars are a bit slow off the line. However, if you try to run one from a roll, they will leave a 2v/3v quite easily, especially at speeds over 100mph stock. Do basic mods and a cam and they are very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn96 View Post
A buddy of mine has a 300 srt8 that runs a 6.80 1/8th.
So given the weight of an SRT8 300, he has over 700whp or the perfect drag race setup? There aren't many 10 second 1/4 mile (what a 6.8 1/8 would equate to) SRT's. So please tell me more.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
The Hemi cars are a bit slow off the line. However, if you try to run one from a roll, they will leave a 2v/3v quite easily, especially at speeds over 100mph stock. Do basic mods and a cam and they are very fast.

So given the weight of an SRT8 300, he has over 700whp or the perfect drag race setup? There aren't many 10 second 1/4 mile (what a 6.8 1/8 would equate to) SRT's. So please tell me more.
That was what I was going to say! My best 1/8 ever in my lightning was a 7.0 and I ran a 10.90. That's making almost 600rwhp with a bunch of weight loss and slicks. That 300 would have to be running some serious stuff!
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
That was what I was going to say! My best 1/8 ever in my lightning was a 7.0 and I ran a 10.90. That's making almost 600rwhp with a bunch of weight loss and slicks. That 300 would have to be running some serious stuff!
I know several LX owners running big cams with spray (200 - 250 shot) and heavily boosted SRT8s and they aren't running 10s (low 11's @ 120 - 125 Mph). Funny thing with the LX cars is that their 1/8 is usually slow for what their 1/4 et and trap are, like I mentioned, once they are moving they pull good. Sorta like my slomaro except I have an excuse, no slicks and babying the car off the line.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hickory
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
The Hemi cars are a bit slow off the line. However, if you try to run one from a roll, they will leave a 2v/3v quite easily, especially at speeds over 100mph stock. Do basic mods and a cam and they are very fast.

So given the weight of an SRT8 300, he has over 700whp or the perfect drag race setup? There aren't many 10 second 1/4 mile (what a 6.8 1/8 would equate to) SRT's. So please tell me more.
Yeah he made 680 on like 10-12 pounds I believe I'll have to find the dyno sheet. I'm not sure in his suspension but I know he has full interior and he is a 300 pound man.
Sn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn96 View Post

Yeah he made 680 on like 10-12 pounds I believe I'll have to find the dyno sheet. I'm not sure in his suspension but I know he has full interior and he is a 300 pound man.
Big ol' boy with a big ol' car.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hickory
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

Big ol' boy with a big ol' car.
Oh yeah! The thing is freaking nasty!
Sn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn96 View Post

Oh yeah! The thing is freaking nasty!
There's a guy here who was obsessed with Hondas and always talked trash on muscle. Well hes trying to become a "rapper" (lmfao!) so he bought a 300 and hes in love with the power lol.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sn96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hickory
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

There's a guy here who was obsessed with Hondas and always talked trash on muscle. Well hes trying to become a "rapper" (lmfao!) so he bought a 300 and hes in love with the power lol.
Haha oh gosh just what we need another "rapper" the power they have is crazy!
Sn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn96 View Post

Haha oh gosh just what we need another "rapper" the power they have is crazy!
Yeah I know. Everyone in this town calls themselves rappers and all have their own "studios and mix tapes". That could be the reason everyone here is remedial little twats
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:00 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.