2001 bolt on gt v3 intercooled vs 2005 c6 with catback. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
@2001gt5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 18
2001 bolt on gt v3 intercooled vs 2005 c6 with catback.

Just wanna get some input as to who you all think would or should win. As of right now the 2001 gt puts down 434whp at 11psi and weight 3520 with me in it. The corvette has 350whp and weighs 3375 with my friend in his. The numbers are in my favor but everywhere I look everyone says those cars will run 115 in the 1/4. Ive run 12.2@115.75. Would a race from a roll really be that close?
@2001gt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Rule of thumb is you have to have over 100 horses over a vette. After seeing what you stated I would say its a drivers race
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
What 1/4 does rolls lol
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
What 1/4 does rolls lol
+1 I'm sensing some street racing going on here.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
What 1/4 does rolls lol
Check YouTube. Some tracks do roll racing.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post

Check YouTube. Some tracks do roll racing.
+1
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
http://youtu.be/9LTmvQ6Y9h4
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by @2001gt5 View Post
Just wanna get some input as to who you all think would or should win. As of right now the 2001 gt puts down 434whp at 11psi and weight 3520 with me in it. The corvette has 350whp and weighs 3375 with my friend in his. The numbers are in my favor but everywhere I look everyone says those cars will run 115 in the 1/4. Ive run 12.2@115.75. Would a race from a roll really be that close?
I have a 2000 gt with a stroker motor, cams, other mods, and a kenne bell 2.1 @ 6psi running 11.7 @ 117 ( have the time slips to prove it). I just got on the highway and a new vette, not sure on what year but its the most recent body style, pulled up next to me and we took off at a 45 or so roll. I got him a car link and half until I let out because we reached over 100. Giving it wasnt busy that night on that road and I dont endorse street racing, was just a one time deal.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post

I have a 2000 gt with a stroker motor, cams, other mods, and a kenne bell 2.1 @ 6psi running 11.5 @ 117 ( have the time slips to prove it). I just got on the highway and a new vette, not sure on what year but its the most recent body style, pulled up next to me and we took off at a 45 or so roll. I got him a car link and half until I let out because we reached over 100. Giving it wasnt busy that night on that road and I dont endorse street racing, was just a one time deal.
C7? The ones with an ugly af *** end?
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

C7? The ones with an ugly af *** end?
I'm not sure man I don't know much about corvettes but it looked like this which is a 2012. He was at a gas station and that's all I saw of it because when we got on the highway it was night time. I had a friend with me that night and I was surprised.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130901_091355.png
Views:	98
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	126930
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post

I'm not sure man I don't know much about corvettes but it looked like this which is a 2012. He was at a gas station and that's all I saw of it because when we got on the highway it was night time. I had a friend with me that night and I was surprised.
C6, nice man. I have a buddy thats got a 2006 c6 with the ls3 hci and exhaust
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
2v will need some good work done to it to beat a c6 sorry
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
2v will need some good work done to it to beat a c6 sorry
Mine does lol.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

C6, nice man. I have a buddy thats got a 2006 c6 with the ls3 hci and exhaust
That's why I was surprised etc from a roll like that. But I'm sure it was stock I wouldn't want to get ahold of one that was cammed and etc.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post

Mine does lol.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------



That's why I was surprised etc from a roll like that. But I'm sure it was stock I wouldn't want to get ahold of one that was cammed and etc.
Corvettes with H/C/I are nasty. A Z06 makes 505hp to the crank, after P&P heads, an aggressive cam, new intake, and a custom tune it will be pushing 600 to the wheels.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Corvettes with H/C/I are nasty. A Z06 makes 505hp to the crank, after P&P heads, an aggressive cam, new intake, and a custom tune it will be pushing 600 to the wheels.
I would like to see one run at the track.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post

I would like to see one run at the track.
I saw one once, he was running low 11s... Kicker was that he had it de-tuned so that he wouldn't break 10s
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

I saw one once, he was running low 11s... Kicker was that he had it de-tuned so that he wouldn't break 10s
After I install my bigger pulley I prolly will break 10s but I don't blame him. You go into a whole new bracket then.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post

After I install my bigger pulley I prolly will break 10s but I don't blame him. You go into a whole new bracket then.
And a lot more restrictions, that's probably what he was avoiding.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

And a lot more restrictions, that's probably what he was avoiding.
Yeah that's kinda what I want to do.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.