First time @ the track - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
First time @ the track

First time at any track, was able to run some hot laps on the 0.68 mile oval track at Lucas Oil Raceway during the Race to Indy national show. Had a great time! Here are some pics as well as my track app info.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2765935163.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	516.6 KB
ID:	123551

Name:	image-2738407052.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	596.1 KB
ID:	123552

Name:	image-3414504940.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	513.0 KB
ID:	123553

Name:	image-783962780.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	123554
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Dude, that's awesome! I was on the strip for the test n tune Saturday. I didn't know there was an opportunity to drive on the oval. Ive seen quite a few races on that fast piece of asphalt.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally4190 View Post
Dude, that's awesome! I was on the strip for the test n tune Saturday. I didn't know there was an opportunity to drive on the oval. Ive seen quite a few races on that fast piece of asphalt.
I didn't know they were doing test an tune, else I would have gone back. As for the oval, the best NASCAR races I've seen have been at IRP, and I've been to a lot. Can't believe they moved the NW series to that chit hole on 16th street.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDawg View Post
First time at any track, was able to run some hot laps on the 0.68 mile oval track at Lucas Oil Raceway during the Race to Indy national show. Had a great time! Here are some pics as well as my track app info.
Did they let you get any speed up.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I didn't know they were doing test an tune, else I would have gone back. As for the oval, the best NASCAR races I've seen have been at IRP, and I've been to a lot. Can't believe they moved the NW series to that chit hole on 16th street.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

Did they let you get any speed up.
Didn't let us pass, but I was able to hit 90 mph on the front strait. I thought it was pretty good for my first time with stock suspension and engine. I was keeping up with GT500s and highly modded stangs though!
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDawg View Post

Didn't let us pass, but I was able to hit 90 mph on the front strait. I thought it was pretty good for my first time with stock suspension and engine. I was keeping up with GT500s and highly modded stangs though!
That's faster than I figured. I've been around Winchester and they wouldn't let us get over 55mph.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That's cool. How were you able to do that? I'd like to do it if they have it available again.

And TC X 4, you're right about the racing at IMS. It's incredibly boring, whereas almost every race I've seen at IRP has been fantastic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track