New Best Time - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
You own the worlds quickest and fastest V6 Mustang. NOTHING will ever beat this car. You are amazing. At 108mph your making about 400 HP with a couple of bolt ons. Incredible. With a 2.73 rear no less! Speachless.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #37
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hi Black 12

Sure sounds like you would like to come on down and run for some $$$$$$$$.
I don't have the fastest. Tony did a better time in the quarter then I did. My automatic was just better off the line.
You need to get out to the drag strip a little more often and see what some of the Turbo fours are doing.
With a 273 ratio I don't spin the tires as much, I hold first gear as well as second and third longer, And if I ran more I could probably do a little better. Probably not much but maybe just a tad.
Now, get me out on a highway and me try to run a GT from a 30/40MPH roll, I would not stand a chance at all. The GT would pull away from me so fast I would think my car was stopped. ( The GT would not be spinning the tires much at all from a roll) My 273 rear would kill me. It is a whole lot different from a standing start. (Using only street tires) No, I don't have the fastest V6 in the world but I sure do have one that runs great and is fun to drive. It looks good too.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Sure sounds like you would like to come on down and run for some $$$$$$$$. I don't have the fastest. Tony did a better time in the quarter then I did. My automatic was just better off the line. You need to get out to the drag strip a little more often and see what some of the Turbo fours are doing. With a 273 ratio I don't spin the tires as much, I hold first gear as well as second and third longer, And if I ran more I could probably do a little better. Probably not much but maybe just a tad. Now, get me out on a highway and me try to run a GT from a 30/40MPH roll, I would not stand a chance at all. The GT would pull away from me so fast I would think my car was stopped. ( The GT would not be spinning the tires much at all from a roll) My 273 rear would kill me. It is a whole lot different from a standing start. (Using only street tires) No, I don't have the fastest V6 in the world but I sure do have one that runs great and is fun to drive. It looks good too. Ronnie
I think the biggest factor in your times are your location, trac prep and Technique cuz obvi anyone with a shorter gear ratio or anyone with full exhaust should be getting better times than just CAI and exhaust. Your track location is just god
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Nah, they just put an AM pocket t up at the finish line and told Ronnie to go get it
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I race twice a month in season at Rt66 Raceway. 2011 and later V8 GT Mustangs run high 12.90s at 109 at this track in stock condition, no mods. Your right there with them. Your amazing. Maybe the best internet racer I've ever come across. Have fun with this.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Good one Jonathon

That's all they had to do.

Hi Black 12
A GT with somebody that knows how to drive it should do 12's. As you know, if they spin the hell out of the tires they could constantly do 14's and 15's.
I'm sure if a good running 3.7 V6 automatic with a decent driver were to ever show up at your track you would poop your self.
You are more then welcome to drive on down to Florida and run me anytime. Our season is all year.
There is more then one or two V6 Mustangs that run at Orlando Speed World and go from 13's to 16's. I say 16's due to some people just can't shift a stick.:
There are some souped up fox body Mustangs running the high 11's and low 12's that are driven in and street ready.
One of our club members with a GT with a Boss manifold and cheater slicks plus a few other mods does a consistent mid 11's and it is a street car.
You can have all the power in the world when Drag Racing at a Drag Strip but if you can't connect or shift you are going to suck at getting good times in a 1/4 mile. That is just a well known fact.

Ronnie
Old 12-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
^ this guy is my idol... I wanna be like Ronnie when I grow up maybe AM will have a pocket t by then but I doubt it
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
I race twice a month in season at Rt66 Raceway. 2011 and later V8 GT Mustangs run high 12.90s at 109 at this track in stock condition, no mods. Your right there with them. Your amazing. Maybe the best internet racer I've ever come across. Have fun with this.
Bull*****. I'm the best and fastest 3.7 internet racer. How dare you give my title away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_16036635406436.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	139363
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

A stock 2011 or later V6 Mustang with 2.73 gears and manual will run 14.30-14.40s at 97-98 mph shifting at 6500+ with a 2.2 60'. Internet racers excluded. They're way faster.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A stock 2011 or later V6 Mustang with 2.73 gears and manual will run 14.30-14.40s at 97-98 mph shifting at 6500+ with a 2.2 60'. Internet racers excluded. They're way faster.
Yes sir. Lmao. Us internet racers are down in the low 13's with just 2:73 gears and stock. Lol
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Well the low 13's with 2.73's can happen!
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post
Yeah but with an almost stock 3.7 sounds too good to be true. I honestly won't be able to fathom it until I actually see it.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sure. In internet racing. Lmao
Old 12-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Sure. In internet racing. Lmao
I didn't say there couldn't be other mods! I've done it!
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didn't say there couldn't be other mods! I've done it!
Lol. Heck yeah bro. That's easy with having around 300 rwhp. Lol
Old 12-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

It's all fun. Some may have really quick and fast cars, that's fine. It's all relative. More money the faster you go. It just makes no cense and it sounds ridiculous to someone that has been making laps for over 40 years and owns one of these cars to claim such performance. I have no engine mods, 60' at 2.059 and run 14.1 @ 101+ on stock tires shifting at 6900 with 3.55 gears. Leaving above 3500 spins the tires and it's done. To run quicker, these cars need to leave at 4500 where the engine makes max torque and drag radials are required to do that. Aluminum driveshaft (safety) should be part of this upgrade. A good tune just adds to, the potential to run quicker. With 26" Hoosier drag radials my gear becomes a 3.75, just an FYI.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's all fun. Some may have really quick and fast cars, that's fine. It's all relative. More money the faster you go. It just makes no cense and it sounds ridiculous to someone that has been making laps for over 40 years and owns one of these cars to claim such performance. I have no engine mods, 60' at 2.059 and run 14.1 @ 101+ on stock tires shifting at 6900 with 3.55 gears. Leaving above 3500 spins the tires and it's done. To run quicker, these cars need to leave at 4500 where the engine makes max torque and drag radials are required to do that. Aluminum driveshaft (safety) should be part of this upgrade. A good tune just adds to, the potential to run quicker. With 26" Hoosier drag radials my gear becomes a 3.75, just an FYI.
I have 3.55s also but If I launch past 2k my tires spin
Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
My new times with short throw and adj upper and lower control arms. With my 4.10s going in soon and my full length headers high to mid 12s are in store

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140422_091338.png
Views:	88
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	154763
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:

I'm on the right. I did win but only because Tony slept at the line. We Both have 2012 V6 3.7 but I have an automatic and he has a stick. I had to run just once to see what my car could do. I wasn't going to run at all but Tony paid the $10.00 so I couldn't refuse. He was faster but lost anyway Ha! Ha!

I lowerd my rear tire pressure to 25 pounds
Did NOT drive through the water,
Brake with left foot, Very little gas with right foot.
let off brake and softly floored the gas at first then floored it. ( Hard to explain)
I did push the button on the side of the shifter but I probably did not have to.

I really expected a 14 sec run and not a 13.3 at all.

I have Magnaflow streets, an Airaid CAI, "NO TUNE" and an Auto with 273 rear.

Tony has six speed, Airaid Cai, Borla mufflers "NO TUNE" Barton shifter, Not really sure what rear but it was a basic Mustang with no options when he bought it.

We both use BJ's 87 octane gas ($3.21 a gal )

I do like having the air pump in the trunk to fill my tires after the run. My car is a MCA Premium and loaded witn options.

I'll probably never run it again because I promised myself my track and Auto cross days were over when I bought this car. The devil "TONY" made me do it this time.

Ronnie

You should run it again

One because it is fun and 2 because it would eliminate the possibility of a fluke timer in that run.

a 13.3 with a 2.142 60 foot in an auto is veerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy fast. Additionally with the MPH.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did not get a chance to talk to whoever owned that one. It was a 13 or 14 . Did not have my tail lights. A couple of gt's was there and ran 13's the same as Tony and me. They could not hook up at all. I think the drivers were not very good.

I used to drag race my 98 Corvette and turned 12.6 / 12.7's with an automatic and run flat Firestone tires. I learned not to get street tires wet. I also learned throttle control with an automatic.

Tire pressure is important, I did 38 in the fronts and 25 in the rears.

If you look you can see Tony did 13.1's with his manual but I still beat him Ha! Ha !
He has a lot done to his car except for No tune. ( That I know of) He does have some really light weight Steeda wheels and Nitto tires. He also has an aluminum drive shaft.( I want one )

We both filled up at BJ's I used 87 octane. Tony ? octane

There was a Roush there that turned 12.6 which I thought was really good for a street car.

You guys gotta remember that we in Florida are at sea level. That may make a difference. Hooking up will make a huge difference.

I do not baby my car and drive it without worrying about Miles per gallon.

It cost $12.00 to get in and $10.00 more to run as many times as you want on Wednesday nights. A lot of fun for a small amount of money. It is set up as street racing and not really competition. That is unless between friends or something.
Ronnie
Lowering tire pressure does nothing for you on a street tire. The car isn't launching hard. That 60' proves it did nothing for you. 2.1 60' is not good by any means.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 04-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can have all the power in the world when Drag Racing at a Drag Strip but if you can't connect or shift you are going to suck at getting good times in a 1/4 mile. That is just a well known fact.

Ronnie
That has nothing to do with the FACT that a stock V6 will not run 13.2 with a 2.14 60' foot at 108 mph.

I have no doubt the time slip is genuine, I am completely convinced the timer was wrong.

Since you have "so much experience" then you would know that if you got your car to a 1.9 60' then you'd be in the 12s. So you're telling me a stock 3.7 auto can do 12.8s at 109-110 MPH?

Absolutely not.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 04-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

That has nothing to do with the FACT that a stock V6 will not run 13.2 with a 2.14 60' foot at 108 mph.

I have no doubt the time slip is genuine, I am completely convinced the timer was wrong.

Since you have "so much experience" then you would know that if you got your car to a 1.9 60' then you'd be in the 12s. So you're telling me a stock 3.7 auto can do 12.8s at 109-110 MPH?

Absolutely not.
Iam going to agree with you on this the timer had to be wrong iam at 13.3 with slicks street tires I was in the 14s
Old 04-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Hey did you run at Lakeland? Or what ever track it's called now Ronnie? Really really fast times for what you have. Look at your mile per hour you did 74mph for an 8.67.... While sea biscuit ran an 8.56 at 81 mph. Not saying it didn't happen but man that just looks fishy
CFYA2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #59
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm gonna run it again

With the surgery and cancer treatments I have not had a chance to get down to the drag strip. The clocks probably could have been messed up. It was on the informal run what you brung night. ( Not a competition event)
I did talk to Tony and he said he did catch me at the end but not enough to pass me. He also agreed that my side timer MPH was probably off. He also said I got him bad off the line.
If I can't get to Bithlo ( Orlando Speed World) I am doing my darndest to get up to the American Muscle show that is at the Maplegrove drag strip in August. I'll run it there. That is if I can get the stupid cancer treatments over by August.
I was almost done with them until they found another tumor. I had it removed yesterday but don't know if I'll have to start the treatments from scratch or continue where I left off for another week or so. It depend if the tumor was benign or not.
Ronnie
Old 04-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With the surgery and cancer treatments I have not had a chance to get down to the drag strip. The clocks probably could have been messed up. It was on the informal run what you brung night. ( Not a competition event)
I did talk to Tony and he said he did catch me at the end but not enough to pass me. He also agreed that my side timer MPH was probably off. He also said I got him bad off the line.
If I can't get to Bithlo ( Orlando Speed World) I am doing my darndest to get up to the American Muscle show that is at the Maplegrove drag strip in August. I'll run it there. That is if I can get the stupid cancer treatments over by August.
I was almost done with them until they found another tumor. I had it removed yesterday but don't know if I'll have to start the treatments from scratch or continue where I left off for another week or so. It depend if the tumor was benign or not.
Ronnie
Iam going to the am show just because they are having it their
Old 04-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #61
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey garbill2003

I see you live in Pa. The American Muscle show will be in Maple Grove on August 16th. They say they will have the drag strip open to run on. I hope to be there if everything goes right for me.
I'm originally from Delaware and Cecil County , Atco and Maple grove were my closest Drag strips. York Pa. U.S.30 Drag Strip was always a great one but a little far unless a big event was happening.
Ronnie
Old 04-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I see you live in Pa. The American Muscle show will be in Maple Grove on August 16th. They say they will have the drag strip open to run on. I hope to be there if everything goes right for me.
I'm originally from Delaware and Cecil County , Atco and Maple grove were my closest Drag strips. York Pa. U.S.30 Drag Strip was always a great one but a little far unless a big event was happening.
Are you going to the AM Mustang show?
Ronnie
Iam planing on going I go to Pittsburgh raceway park also beaverspring is close to me but I've been to maple grove when they had nmra races their
Old 04-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ronnie
Hang in there buddy. At 39 years of age I'm a cancer survivor thus far. I'm three years cancer free and counting. Chemotherapy was no picnic for me, but I survived. Hang in there bro!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003 View Post

Iam going to the am show just because they are having it their
I'm going to AM show as well. I just registered two days ago for the show.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I'm going to AM show as well. I just registered two days ago for the show.
I usually don't go to car shows iam more into the driving thing but I enjoy taking to fellow stang owner's
Old 04-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #66
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

We all need to get together

When it gets closer we all need to get together so we can park together. I think it would be great for us to meet face to face.
Ronnie
Old 04-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When it gets closer we all need to get together so we can park together. I think it would be great for us to meet face to face.
Ronnie
That would be cool Ronnie how much are tickets?
Old 04-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

When you post the slip, show the whole thing that show the time stamps. The thing you have to remember is not so much running it again, more so that if you achieve a similar time, that would change nothing.

Keep an eye on other cars and report back their times. That will also help show you any inconsistencies.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 04-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #69
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Registration is $25.00

Go to the American Muscle web site to register. It cost $25.00 and put in your event T-Shirt size.
If you have their discount code you need to put that in for a cheaper price.
Just to not be in the show area and to be a spectator it will cost you nothing. You will then park out in the lot with the Hondas and Camaros

I already registered and can't wait to go. It is a long drive up from Daytona Beach, But sure worth it. I went in 2012 and it was great. I won a $100.00 gift certificate for something. I'll never know because they mailed it to me after I got back home. I used it for my brake caliper covers.
They also sent my dog Mario a nice American Muscle dog jacket.
It was not at Maple grove but at a college campus.
Ronnie
Old 04-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Go to the American Muscle web site to register. It cost $25.00 and put in your event T-Shirt size.
If you have their discount code you need to put that in for a cheaper price.
Just to not be in the show area and to be a spectator it will cost you nothing. You will then park out in the lot with the Hondas and Camaros

I already registered and can't wait to go. It is a long drive up from Daytona Beach, But sure worth it. I went in 2012 and it was great. I won a $100.00 gift certificate for something. I'll never know because they mailed it to me after I got back home. I used it for my brake caliper covers.
They also sent my dog Mario a nice American Muscle dog jacket.
It was not at Maple grove but at a college campus.
Ronnie
Yep!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track