New Best Time - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
New Best Time

Went out to the track tonight and set a new best for myself!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130921_003331.png
Views:	336
Size:	702.7 KB
ID:	129713  
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I dunno why its sideways...but I'm on the right. 2012 v6 with JLT cai, BBK O/R x pipe and gt500 mufflers. With a BAMA 93 race tune. And 275/40/17 nt555s.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Not bad that's a good time, better than I could ever pull in my Mach 1.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
That's awesome! 13.7@103 with simple mods and a tune is really impressive.

What are your future plans for the car?

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
That's awesome! 13.7@103 with simple mods and a tune is really impressive.

What are your future plans for the car?

-Dan
I'm aiming for at least low 13's at some point. Not sure what steps I'm gunna take to get there yet.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post
I'm aiming for at least low 13's at some point. Not sure what steps I'm gunna take to get there yet.
A set of Long Tubes, Gears and Slicks & Skinnies should do the trick

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
A set of Long Tubes, Gears and Slicks & Skinnies should do the trick -Dan
+^1 This.
.DWC_SmOziLLa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I've been considering buying shorties due to the fact I don't wanna pay for a 2nd mid pipe or pay to have mine chopped up
Old 09-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats nice numbers
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Sea biscuit it says your personal messages are full and won't let me send it I was gonna ask so like 255-50?(what size tire on a stock 17 rim)
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah sorry, but I wouldn't go wider than that. I had just bought these tires for my 05, which had 8" wide rims and the 275 fit better. I thought these rims were 8" as well but turns out they're 7"

I'm afraid to push it in turns because of the way the tires bow out. I haven't had any problems but I'm easy on them. I think 255 safely.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I only ran once but was pleased with my time

I'm on the right. I did win but only because Tony slept at the line. We Both have 2012 V6 3.7 but I have an automatic and he has a stick. I had to run just once to see what my car could do. I wasn't going to run at all but Tony paid the $10.00 so I couldn't refuse. He was faster but lost anyway Ha! Ha!

I lowerd my rear tire pressure to 25 pounds
Did NOT drive through the water,
Brake with left foot, Very little gas with right foot.
let off brake and softly floored the gas at first then floored it. ( Hard to explain)
I did push the button on the side of the shifter but I probably did not have to.

I really expected a 14 sec run and not a 13.3 at all.

I have Magnaflow streets, an Airaid CAI, "NO TUNE" and an Auto with 273 rear.

Tony has six speed, Airaid Cai, Borla mufflers "NO TUNE" Barton shifter, Not really sure what rear but it was a basic Mustang with no options when he bought it.

We both use BJ's 87 octane gas ($3.21 a gal )

I do like having the air pump in the trunk to fill my tires after the run. My car is a MCA Premium and loaded witn options.

I'll probably never run it again because I promised myself my track and Auto cross days were over when I bought this car. The devil "TONY" made me do it this time.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

I'm on the right. I did win but only because Tony slept at the line. We Both have 2012 V6 3.7 but I have an automatic and he has a stick. I had to run just once to see what my car could do. I wasn't going to run at all but Tony paid the $10.00 so I couldn't refuse. He was faster but lost anyway Ha! Ha!

I lowerd my rear tire pressure to 25 pounds
Did NOT drive through the water,
Brake with left foot, Very little gas with right foot.
let off brake and softly floored the gas at first then floored it. ( Hard to explain)
I did push the button on the side of the shifter but I probably did not have to.

I really expected a 14 sec run and not a 13.3 at all.

I have Magnaflow streets, an Airaid CAI, "NO TUNE" and an Auto with 273 rear.

Tony has six speed, Airaid Cai, Borla mufflers "NO TUNE" Barton shifter, Not really sure what rear but it was a basic Mustang with no options when he bought it.

We both use BJ's 87 octane gas ($3.21 a gal )

I do like having the air pump in the trunk to fill my tires after the run. My car is a MCA Premium and loaded witn options.

I'll probably never run it again because I promised myself my track and Auto cross days were over when I bought this car. The devil "TONY" made me do it this time.

Ronnie
13.3. Damn bro. Holy god. That's sick and no tune. Way to go.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #14
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Everything went just perfect.

Like I stated many times on the Forum. I love the way my car shifts. It is a little mild when driving around town but when I get on the throttle it just snaps into the gears. It is a 2012 and don't have the features the 14's have. I just keep it in drive unless I want to profile going into a car show or cruise in. Then I like to put it in 1 or 2 depending on the place so I ca keep the revs up to show off my exhaust a little.
The more I drive this Mustang-The more I love it

Tony say's I should put in some lower ratio gears to see if I could get into the 12's.
I did not really buy this car to race so that is never gonna happen. He looked at the tag on his rear and he has the 3.31 ratio. He goes to the drag strip more then I ever will. I love it but can't afford to do it. I did my stuff when I was younger and working. If I puked something I had $$$ to fix it.

My Mustang is fast enough for me and looks so good I have a hard time not just plain going out into the garage and admire it. When I really want to enjoy the ride I get up at 4 AM and take a nice traffic free drive listening to my pipes and my 50's music on my Sirius radio. Stop by the Diner at about eight to have breakfast with the Street rodders that are usually there and home by 9:30 or 10.

I do want to get an Aluminum drive shaft but I know I really don't need it. I just want it. Lighter then my stock shaft. Looks better too.

Ronnie
Old 10-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
I'm on the right. I did win but only because Tony slept at the line. We Both have 2012 V6 3.7 but I have an automatic and he has a stick. I had to run just once to see what my car could do. I wasn't going to run at all but Tony paid the $10.00 so I couldn't refuse. He was faster but lost anyway Ha! Ha! I lowerd my rear tire pressure to 25 pounds Did NOT drive through the water, Brake with left foot, Very little gas with right foot. let off brake and softly floored the gas at first then floored it. ( Hard to explain) I did push the button on the side of the shifter but I probably did not have to. I really expected a 14 sec run and not a 13.3 at all. I have Magnaflow streets, an Airaid CAI, "NO TUNE" and an Auto with 273 rear. Tony has six speed, Airaid Cai, Borla mufflers "NO TUNE" Barton shifter, Not really sure what rear but it was a basic Mustang with no options when he bought it. We both use BJ's 87 octane gas ($3.21 a gal ) I do like having the air pump in the trunk to fill my tires after the run. My car is a MCA Premium and loaded witn options. I'll probably never run it again because I promised myself my track and Auto cross days were over when I bought this car. The devil "TONY" made me do it this time. Ronnie
That's a super good time for an otherwise stock 3.7.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm on the right. I did win but only because Tony slept at the line. We Both have 2012 V6 3.7 but I have an automatic and he has a stick. I had to run just once to see what my car could do. I wasn't going to run at all but Tony paid the $10.00 so I couldn't refuse. He was faster but lost anyway Ha! Ha! I lowerd my rear tire pressure to 25 pounds Did NOT drive through the water, Brake with left foot, Very little gas with right foot. let off brake and softly floored the gas at first then floored it. ( Hard to explain) I did push the button on the side of the shifter but I probably did not have to. I really expected a 14 sec run and not a 13.3 at all. I have Magnaflow streets, an Airaid CAI, "NO TUNE" and an Auto with 273 rear. Tony has six speed, Airaid Cai, Borla mufflers "NO TUNE" Barton shifter, Not really sure what rear but it was a basic Mustang with no options when he bought it. We both use BJ's 87 octane gas ($3.21 a gal ) I do like having the air pump in the trunk to fill my tires after the run. My car is a MCA Premium and loaded witn options. I'll probably never run it again because I promised myself my track and Auto cross days were over when I bought this car. The devil "TONY" made me do it this time. Ronnie
There must be nitrous in the air in Florida because those are the most insane times I have ever seen 2 3.7s run with only CAI, axle backs and with 2.73s. Something is up.
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

There must be nitrous in the air in Florida because those are the most insane times I have ever seen 2 3.7s run with only CAI, axle backs and with 2.73s. Something is up.
I got to move to Florida. Lmao. That's awesome but not even American Muscle could run those times. AM got 13.7 and that's with a tune.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

There was another 3.7 that turned 14 something

I did not get a chance to talk to whoever owned that one. It was a 13 or 14 . Did not have my tail lights. A couple of gt's was there and ran 13's the same as Tony and me. They could not hook up at all. I think the drivers were not very good.

I used to drag race my 98 Corvette and turned 12.6 / 12.7's with an automatic and run flat Firestone tires. I learned not to get street tires wet. I also learned throttle control with an automatic.

Tire pressure is important, I did 38 in the fronts and 25 in the rears.

If you look you can see Tony did 13.1's with his manual but I still beat him Ha! Ha !
He has a lot done to his car except for No tune. ( That I know of) He does have some really light weight Steeda wheels and Nitto tires. He also has an aluminum drive shaft.( I want one )

We both filled up at BJ's I used 87 octane. Tony ? octane

There was a Roush there that turned 12.6 which I thought was really good for a street car.

You guys gotta remember that we in Florida are at sea level. That may make a difference. Hooking up will make a huge difference.

I do not baby my car and drive it without worrying about Miles per gallon.

It cost $12.00 to get in and $10.00 more to run as many times as you want on Wednesday nights. A lot of fun for a small amount of money. It is set up as street racing and not really competition. That is unless between friends or something.
Ronnie
Old 10-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did not get a chance to talk to whoever owned that one. It was a 13 or 14 . Did not have my tail lights. A couple of gt's was there and ran 13's the same as Tony and me. They could not hook up at all. I think the drivers were not very good.

I used to drag race my 98 Corvette and turned 12.6 / 12.7's with an automatic and run flat Firestone tires. I learned not to get street tires wet. I also learned throttle control with an automatic.

Tire pressure is important, I did 38 in the fronts and 25 in the rears.

If you look you can see Tony did 13.1's with his manual but I still beat him Ha! Ha !
He has a lot done to his car except for No tune. ( That I know of) He does have some really light weight Steeda wheels and Nitto tires. He also has an aluminum drive shaft.( I want one )

We both filled up at BJ's with 87 octane.

There was a Roush there that turned 12.6 which I thought was really good for a street car.

You guys gotta remember that we in Florida are at sea level. That may make a difference. Hooking up will make a huge difference.

I do not baby my car and drive it without worrying about Miles per gallon.
Ronnie
Based on your run time you should be able to drive my 11 V6 automatic and run in the 12's. I'm running a 93 MPT race tune, CAI, ceramic long tube headers, off road x pipe, 3:73 gears, one piece aluminum driveshaft and Flowmaster force II axle backs.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Made it back out to the track tonight. Managed to beat my old time by a lot! I did switch to the hybrid tune from bama. Definitely happy with how this thing performs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131025_233423.png
Views:	294
Size:	657.1 KB
ID:	133936
Old 10-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I'm on the left. Sorry its sideways.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm on the left. Sorry its sideways.
What are your mods???
Old 10-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Made it back out to the track tonight. Managed to beat my old time by a lot! I did switch to the hybrid tune from bama. Definitely happy with how this thing performs.

Attachment 133936
Just courous, What mods do you have for the car?
Old 10-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Just courous, What mods do you have for the car?
Jlt cai, bbk o/r x pipe, gt500 mufflers, and a 93 hybrid tune. Still stock 2.73's. And I'm running 275/40/17 nt555s. Not that my launch is great haha
Old 10-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Jlt cai, bbk o/r x pipe, gt500 mufflers, and a 93 hybrid tune. Still stock 2.73's. And I'm running 275/40/17 nt555s. Not that my launch is great haha
The elevation in Maryland is pretty low. I wish I could get that kind of time here.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The elevation in Maryland is pretty low. I wish I could get that kind of time here.
Where are you located?
Old 10-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where are you located?
I'm in Southern California and the elevation is low at our 1/8 around 700 feet maybe, but with bad track prep. With the times your getting on your track with few mods and 2.73s I'm wondering what in the world times a few guys I know and myself would get.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm in Southern California and the elevation is low at our 1/8 around 700 feet maybe, but with bad track prep. With the times your getting on your track with few mods and 2.73s I'm wondering what in the world times a few guys I know and myself would get.
I was very surprised at my times last night, a month ago with the same mods my best was 13.71 now its a half second faster with just a different tune
Old 10-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi 2011 Kona Blue

There is no reason you should not be in the 12's unless you just spin the tires and get no traction.
I see you live in Maryland. If you are anywhere close to Cecil County you should go to the Drag Strip there and run it. Cecil County Drag strip is a world class act and I'm sure they have a night where you can just run for the fun of it and not be tied down to competition racing. That is where I started drag racing when I lived in Delaware forty seven years Plus ago. It was there or Atco New Jersey and a few other tracks I spent my Saturday nights or Sunday's having some of the best times of my life.

With the Mod's on your car you really need to see what it will do at least once.

http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/
Ronnie
Old 10-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is no reason you should not be in the 12's unless you just spin the tires and get no traction.
I see you live in Maryland. If you are anywhere close to Cecil County you should go to the Drag Strip there and run it. Cecil County Drag strip is a world class act and I'm sure they have a night where you can just run for the fun of it and not be tied down to competition racing. That is where I started drag racing when I lived in Delaware forty seven years Plus ago. It was there or Atco New Jersey and a few other tracks I spent my Saturday nights or Sunday's having some of the best times of my life.

With the Mod's on your car you really need to see what it will do at least once.
Ronnie
I live 40 minutes from Cecil County dragstrip.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Those low 13's with simple mods are really impressive. I'm very new at drag racing and didn't have my tune then, but with my 96 SVT Cobra which has the same HP as your new V6's I have yet to break into the 13's. My best was 14.2 with my 5 speed and street tires. People need to stop ragging on 6's.

To the OP. One of the reasons your time may have dropped .5 this time out is the cool air we have now. My last time out was in July, high 80's and humid at Maple Grove in Reading PA. Maple Grove stopped Test and Tune for the year on 9-6. I may need to take a drive to Cecil or Atco. I know Atco runs until early December.

Great times guys. To the guy from FL, You had you drag racing days. I'd say if you want just drive it and enjoy it. No need to risk breaking it.

Btw I LOVE my BAMA tune. I'm running 93 Octane race tune and picked up 2-3 mpg and lots of seat of the pants power increase. That plus my new suspension mods make it very fun to drive. It sucks we are heading into winter. I hope it's a snowless one so I can keep on enjoying my Stang.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #32
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Spiney

I'm with you on
Quote:
To the guy from FL, You had you drag racing days. I'd say if you want just drive it and enjoy it. No need to risk breaking it.
I would not have run mine the one time if Tony had not talked me into it and paid the fee. It was nice beating him though and I don't let him forget it. ( Although he was faster)

My all types of track are done now and I do enjoy my Mustang by just looking at it and driving it. Like I said before. " Getting up at 3 or 4 in the morning and just going for a nice traffic free drive (Not Fast) just cruising is still just plain enjoyable. Of course if I hit the LOTTO I would Drag race, Hot lap, Auto-X until I'm 100 years young.

Ronnie
Old 10-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
That's a super good time for an otherwise stock 3.7.
Were you in the 3.7 or the 5.0 Ronnie? Sounds like 5.0 times but I could be wrong.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I'm with you on

I would not have run mine the one time if Tony had not talked me into it and paid the fee. It was nice beating him though and I don't let him forget it. ( Although he was faster)

My all types of track are done now and I do enjoy my Mustang by just looking at it and driving it. Like I said before. " Getting up at 3 or 4 in the morning and just going for a nice traffic free drive (Not Fast) just cruising is still just plain enjoyable. Of course if I hit the LOTTO I would Drag race, Hot lap, Auto-X until I'm 100 years young.

Ronnie
Wouldn't we all lmao :p awesome Ronnie

And you could make your own damn am pocket t :p
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Pocket T ""YES"" Black ""YES"" American Muscle ""YES""

I'm sure I'n not the only person that wants them.

Both my and Tony's Mustangs are 2012 3.7 V6 engines. I have no tune. Tony say's he has no tune. Mine an Auto his a stick.

The problem that I seen with the 5.0's that ran that night was they just could not hook up and the drivers in each car was an idiot trying to take off to quick and not try feathering it a little. You have to remember that the V8's have heavier engines and just don't transfer the weight very well. They are much better out on the street getting it on from a roll.

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track