Removing front sway bar - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Removing front sway bar

I've heard about removing the front sway bar to help at the track. Does this help any? Whats the purpose, weight reduction, and weight transfers? I see they do it with termis and gt500s because of the front end weigh and it sheds 12lbs

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
I've heard about removing the front sway bar to help at the track. Does this help any? Whats the purpose, weight reduction, and weight transfers? I see they do it with termis and gt500s because of the front end weigh and it sheds 12lbs
Yes it will help out mainly with launch which will determine how that pass will go. It lets the front end lift more and the rear end to sit lower and you will get more traction. Plus it does take away about 12ish pounds. I saw your other threads about the track few tips to help bring your times down most people will look at these things and say that's retarded that won't help any but it does cause I've tested everything I've done to my mustang and it always helped lower my times: 1. remove front bumper support this will shed 30 pound on the front helping launch, weight transfer, and help your car weight lighter, 2. relocate battery to the trunk, help launch, and weight transfer, 3. egr delete this helps weight reduction and helps throttle response also adds three horsepower, 4. your air filter remove splash shield and get a big a** filter. More air = more torque, 5. bypass your a/c pulley and run a shorter belt this will free up a few horses, 6. lower my tire pressure to 22 psi in the rear with street tires, 8 pounds with slick. 9. Gut your car and take out any unnecessary parts even parts underneath the interior, leave your trunk gutted take your spare tire and jack out. I put weights in my trunk if I can't find traction. 10. Track bite helps you grip, spray some grip tight mixed half and half with alcohol and soak your tires do a burnout till you feel your rearend trying to grip and go all night the stuff last for about 1000 miles 11. Control your launch as fast as you can go and Power shift as fast as you can.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Nice yeah I wanna do some of those things but I'll wait till spring cuz tonight was the last time I took out the whole back seats passenger seat trunk completely stripped. Just wanna relocate battery and more mods to get my 60 down. I didn't spin much with 315 drs and I had around 30 psi in the backs but that's just what I had and I had to drive kinda far to get there. Next spring hopefully I can have cams and maybe ported heads by then and get serious with the weight reduction but hopefully trailer the car there.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track