Mach 1 vs 3v - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
You've gone off the deep end. There's a full bolt on stalled and geared mach running 12.3s at Amarillo dragway. He went 12.3 with the da at 6800'. I'd HATE to run at your track, seems to be one of the slowest in the country from your stories. I have a buddy with a full bolt on 4.10 03 termi hitting 10.8s
There is nothing crazy about what I said at all. 12.3 is nowhere near a "routine 11 second run" and do you really think every driver that owns a termi can drive it well enough to run 10s with full bolt ons? No.

And I know what it takes to make a ten second termi. Full exhaust, upper and lower pulleys, throttle body, intake, supercharging cooling mods(water pump and intercooler), fuel system and pretty good tuning. Then you're going to have to drive the hell out of it and had slicks so you can hook up. A terminator is not a Mach 1(internals completely different) and nowhere near the same country as a cammed 2v. A terminator will inevitable rape both of those cars repeatedly at the track and anywhere else for that matter. But our discussion is not about a terminator it's about a Mach 1. Try explaining to my why a terminator making upwards of 500+rwhp is only running 10s and why a 300rwhp Mach 1 is routinely running 11s?
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
There is nothing crazy about what I said at all. 12.3 is nowhere near a "routine 11 second run" and do you really think every driver that owns a termi can drive it well enough to run 10s with full bolt ons? No. And I know what it takes to make a ten second termi. Full exhaust, upper and lower pulleys, throttle body, intake, supercharging cooling mods(water pump and intercooler), fuel system and pretty good tuning. Then you're going to have to drive the hell out of it and had slicks so you can hook up. A terminator is not a Mach 1(internals completely different) and nowhere near the same country as a cammed 2v. A terminator will inevitable rape both of those cars repeatedly at the track and anywhere else for that matter. But our discussion is not about a terminator it's about a Mach 1. Try explaining to my why a terminator making upwards of 500+rwhp is only running 10s and why a 300rwhp Mach 1 is routinely running 11s?
A 12.3 AT 6800' DA... Ya must have missed that part i guess? And you're the one that brought a slow *** termi into it so i just thought id throw in a full bolt on termi in the 10s. What track is it you go to?
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A 12.3 AT 6800' DA... Ya must have missed that part i guess? And you're the one that brought a slow *** termi into it so i just thought id throw in a full bolt on termi in the 10s. What track is it you go to?
Mid-low 11s is slow? Apparently you have one of those 12 second bolt on 2vs too? Get out of here!

Caprock motorplex, cedar creek, Edinburg international, Houston motorsports, Lubbock drag way, and SA raceway. Where have you raced? I also own a 10 second vehicle. And race it every season. Working on 9.90s this spring. What are you working on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mid-low 11s is slow? Apparently you have one of those 12 second bolt on 2vs too? Get out of here! Caprock motorplex, cedar creek, Edinburg international, Houston motorsports, Lubbock drag way, and SA raceway. Where have you raced? I also own a 10 second vehicle. And race it every season. Working on 9.90s this spring. What are you working on?
For a full bolt on termi it isn't that great, and no i dont have a 12 second bolt on 2v. I have a buddy with a camed/full bolt on 2v running hi 12- low 13s though. Annnd ive been to every track you've named and then some and ive seen mustangs go a lot quicker then you're claiming to have seen AT the tracks you've named! Next season make your way up to amarillo dragway, not too much further then Lubbock. And kudos to you and your 10s car. I'm slowly but surely getting my 418ci ready for my 83 gt.

One more thing, you really think a bolt on 2v only makes 200whp??
Old 12-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For a full bolt on termi it isn't that great, and no i dont have a 12 second bolt on 2v. I have a buddy with a camed/full bolt on 2v running hi 12- low 13s though. Annnd ive been to every track you've named and then some and ive seen mustangs go a lot quicker then you're claiming to have seen AT the tracks you've named! Next season make your way up to amarillo dragway, not too much further then Lubbock. And kudos to you and your 10s car. I'm slowly but surely getting my 418ci ready for my 83 gt.

One more thing, you really think a bolt on 2v only makes 200whp??
I have a 10 second truck lol so I guess car doesn't count. And I know they make more than exactly 200rwhp. Not much more though.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have a 10 second truck lol so I guess car doesn't count. And I know they make more than exactly 200rwhp. Not much more though.
Full bolt on and camed 2v is about 100whp more then 200 with a tune. Give or take.

Nice man! Always fun to see a pick up show up and rape some sport/muscle cars! There's a guy with a low 9 second wagon that is crazy. My first pass ever in my 03gt was against him
Old 12-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Full bolt on and camed 2v is about 100whp more then 200 with a tune. Give or take.

Nice man! Always fun to see a pick up show up and rape some sport/muscle cars! There's a guy with a low 9 second wagon that is crazy. My first pass ever in my 03gt was against him
I haven't seen that high. Highest NA 2v I've seen is 288rwhp with cams and ported heads. But then again, different day and different dyno.

And a wagon that's fast is a nice idea. Sleepers are not to common.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I mean anything that bolts to the engine is technically a bolt on besides cams, rods and pistons tune. But I understand that the term bolt on is just a (basic, simple, easy to reach mods on the engine.) like cold air, throttle body, exhaust pulleys. which I use the term bolt on to but I'm just being technical here even though I say I have full basic bolt on car with gear tune.. Etc.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes! It's also bone stock

Haha omg I hate it when people say a car is stock if it doesn't have a supercharger, or turbo or internals. like if it came from the factory it's stock if it has even a cold air on it. It isn't stock.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post

Haha omg I hate it when people say a car is stock if it doesn't have a supercharger, or turbo or internals. like if it came from the factory it's stock if it has even a cold air on it. It isn't stock.
Mine came straight from the dealer with the Whipple on it lol so its stock right?? Haha
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

No cause you got a bigger one from factory
Old 12-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Hey man, I'm hoping somebody proves me wrong! I have never seen it with my own eyes and guys on Mach 1 registry say that the car needs nitrous or f1 to run 11s as well so surely I'm not crazy. We are talking about a completely unscathed mach 1 stock long block with external bolt ons only and no power adder at all. Just making sure this is the case

Being a physicist/mechanical engineer by profession, I can tell you that a 3800# full weight car running upwards of 115-120mph in the quarter with only 300-340rwhp is very unlikely. Coyotes barely do it with the same weight and 100 more rwhp
Mach 1s are not 3800 lbs. I weighed in at 3415lbs. Only weight relevant mod is a set of corbeau seats and removed spare/jack.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post

Mach 1s are not 3800 lbs. I weighed in at 3415lbs. Only weight relevant mod is a set of corbeau seats and removed spare/jack.
You have removed weight then! They start off at 3465 curb weight with a manual trans and the auto is even heavier. Add a full tank of gas and a driver and how much weight do you have? Average person is 180lbs? And a gallon of gas weighs 6lbs. 15.7 gallon tank means what? 125lbs.

That's 3770... Pretty close to 3800. So unless you weigh 0 pounds. Or have 0 gas in your tank and have removed at least 125lbs of weight from your car. I'd have to say you are lying.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

You have removed weight then! They start off at 3465 curb weight with a manual trans and the auto is even heavier. Add a full tank of gas and a driver and how much weight do you have? Average person is 180lbs? And a gallon of gas weighs 6lbs. 15.7 gallon tank means what? 125lbs.

That's 3770... Pretty close to 3800. So unless you weigh 0 pounds. Or have 0 gas in your tank and have removed at least 125lbs of weight from your car. I'd have to say you are lying.
My IRS GT weighed in at 3540 (3390 without) with me in it, quarter tank of gas, and no subwoofer. That's one heavy *** Mach to hit 3800lbs
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ffs man... U love to flame anyone you can don't you? That was with about a quarter tank of gas and the Jack and spare removed. That's it. Check Ur math on that gas weight calculation too... No I wasn't in the car. Anyone ever told you its not what you say but how you say it that makes a difference? I bet not. Im happy with my Mach being a low 13 car at 5600'. I hope you saw that video of "Keith's Mach 1" running mid 11 with gears slicks and suspension with some exhaust work. There is a difference between fast at the drag strip and fast on a highway pull.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ffs man... U love to flame anyone you can don't you? That was with about a quarter tank of gas and the Jack and spare removed. That's it. Check Ur math on that gas weight calculation too... No I wasn't in the car. Anyone ever told you its not what you say but how you say it that makes a difference? I bet not. Im happy with my Mach being a low 13 car at 5600'. I hope you saw that video of "Keith's Mach 1" running mid 11 with gears slicks and suspension with some exhaust work. There is a difference between fast at the drag strip and fast on a highway pull.
No I'm not flaming anyone. I'm tired of this forum being full of misinformation, and I'm doing something about it. If you come in saying something that's wrong then don't expect for nobody to question you about it. Also, I am an mechanical engineer so I deal in facts. Every calculation I make and problem I solve ensures the person who comes after me is safe and has nothing to worry about. This carries over into my passion for cars and I do race, unlike many on this forum on the track.. Every season. If me telling you the truth hurts your feelings then maybe a Internet mustang forum isn't the place for you, and that goes to everyone reading this. I have dropped a 4500 pound truck down to 3900lbs race weight and I have measured every possible inch of it that I could cut out to save weight. I know what it takes to make it fast at the track.. Been there and done it.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post

My IRS GT weighed in at 3540 (3390 without) with me in it, quarter tank of gas, and no subwoofer. That's one heavy *** Mach to hit 3800lbs
Mach 1 engine is 114 pounds heavier and IRS is as well.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mach 1 engine is 114 pounds heavier and IRS is as well.
Which means my car weighs as much as a Mach
Old 12-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Just for some basic comparison, with real world numbers!.. I have an '04 GT Auto, with CAI, UD Pullies, O/R X-pipe and Cat Back, 75mm TB, and Canned Tune from DiabloSport!.. Front and rear Strut Tower bars, 4 point K-member brace, and SWAR Bar!.. It has just over 140,000 miles on it, and weighs in at 3,675 lbs (that's with a full tank, me, 2 car seats and a stroller)!.. On street tires I routinely hit low 14s!.. And I still have stock gears!.. So to say a 2V has a hard time Breaking into the 14s, is just being ignorant!.. Especially when in '04 in stock form, these cars were rated as low 14 cars to begone with!.. With the Machs being rated as mid to high 13 cars!.. So a '04 Mach with the same mods as my car, running at the same track, should be at least a low 13 car!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

watch till end mach's are low 13s stock cars with the right driver
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Just for some basic comparison, with real world numbers!.. I have an '04 GT Auto, with CAI, UD Pullies, O/R X-pipe and Cat Back, 75mm TB, and Canned Tune from DiabloSport!.. Front and rear Strut Tower bars, 4 point K-member brace, and SWAR Bar!.. It has just over 140,000 miles on it, and weighs in at 3,675 lbs (that's with a full tank, me, 2 car seats and a stroller)!.. On street tires I routinely hit low 14s!.. And I still have stock gears!.. So to say a 2V has a hard time Breaking into the 14s, is just being ignorant!.. Especially when in '04 in stock form, these cars were rated as low 14 cars to begone with!.. With the Machs being rated as mid to high 13 cars!.. So a '04 Mach with the same mods as my car, running at the same track, should be at least a low 13 car!..
Yeah a low 13, not a 11. There's over a 100rwhp difference in a 12 second and an 11 second car. Not to mention a 13 second car. You car also has almost all bolt ons. Add cams and long tubes and you still won't even be in the low 12s. Don't believe me.. Try it! And post vids because I wanna see.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post

Which means my car weighs as much as a Mach
No, your engine is lighter and suspension is also. I meant to say Mach suspension is heavier and I typed it wrong. My mistake.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post

watch till end mach's are low 13s stock cars with the right driver
Still not 11s.. I'm about done even talking to you guys.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah a low 13, not a 11. There's over a 100rwhp difference in a 12 second and an 11 second car. Not to mention a 13 second car. You car also has almost all bolt ons. Add cams and long tubes and you still won't even be in the low 12s. Don't believe me.. Try it! And post vids because I wanna see.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

No, your engine is lighter and suspension is also. I meant to say Mach suspension is heavier and I typed it wrong. My mistake.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Still not 11s.. I'm about done even talking to you guys.
Sorry I read the other posts wrong I was thinking 12s not 11s
Old 12-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No, your engine is lighter and suspension is also. I meant to say Mach suspension is heavier and I typed it wrong. My mistake
The Machs have an SRA which is lighter than an IRS and a heavier engine and I have a lighter engine with a heavier suspension. I'm not arguing the 1/4 times, mostly cause I don't care.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

sorry this was the 1 was trying to post it shows the time
Old 12-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #130
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Throw some welds and slicks on that thing and its 11s. Again, not sure what all tracks ppl here are going to but I've seen 11 second Machs at Englishtown AND Atco.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Throw some welds and slicks on that thing and its 11s. Again, not sure what all tracks ppl here are going to but I've seen 11 second Machs at Englishtown AND Atco.
You're not going to 60ft much better than a 1.64 in that car. Even if you 60'd a 1.4 you would barely break 11.99. That's a good video and a hell of a driver IMO to get that time. Also consider the weight reduction. No seats and everything from the trunk removed. Not to mention he has 4:10s, so he can't even do 70mph on the highway without getting 100 miles a tank.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're not going to 60ft much better than a 1.64 in that car. Even if you 60'd a 1.4 you would barely break 11.99. That's a good video and a hell of a driver IMO to get that time. Also consider the weight reduction. No seats and everything from the trunk removed. Not to mention he has 4:10s, so he can't even do 70mph on the highway without getting 100 miles a tank.
If we are worried about gas mileage we would be driving civics lol jk jk
Old 12-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post

If we are worried about gas mileage we would be driving civics lol jk jk
That's true. My lightning has 3:55s and I can get about 13-15mpg but that's at 680rwhp. My 5.0 makes 438rwhp and averages 22-24 mpg but had gone as far as 28 on a road trip.

I'd love to know what that Mach gets
Old 12-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's true. My lightning has 3:55s and I can get about 13-15mpg but that's at 680rwhp. My 5.0 makes 438rwhp and averages 22-24 mpg but had gone as far as 28 on a road trip. I'd love to know what that Mach gets
I'd be willing to bet its not too far off your 5.0, but then again i havent a clue
Old 12-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd be willing to bet its not too far off your 5.0, but then again i havent a clue
With 4:10s and the tires he has to run to get a low 12 second time slip I am almost positive he has to trailer that car to the track.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

With 4:10s and the tires he has to run to get a low 12 second time slip I am almost positive he has to trailer that car to the track.
Depends on a lot more than just gear. Depends how he drives it. And im sure he isn't running a full slick on the street... Obviously a steeper gear car will be worse on the highway, but a lot of guys live within 15 mins of the track so nbd. My stock geared Mach routinely gets 28mpg all highway. On the road course, I bet it's closer to 8-10.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I highly doubt him having to trailer it, hell theres tons of guys in my area running 4.10 and steeper that daily there 11second cars. Not to mention we are 40 miles from the nearest track. The only ones ive seen trailered from here to there are my buddies 545 94 gt (8.7 at SA) and an 01 ss with toooons of work. Only reason being neither one of them want to do a wheel and tire swap once they arrive at the track, yet if the weather is nice you'll see them driving them around town and to car meets.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Depends on a lot more than just gear. Depends how he drives it. And im sure he isn't running a full slick on the street... Obviously a steeper gear car will be worse on the highway, but a lot of guys live within 15 mins of the track so nbd. My stock geared Mach routinely gets 28mpg all highway. On the road course, I bet it's closer to 8-10.
Taller the gear, the taller the tire you have to run if you are going down the highway. You will greatly reduce your top speed and rpm capability if you run a smaller tire, and id love for you to go on mach 1 registry and tell people you are getting 28mpg all highway lol.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote:
I highly doubt him having to trailer it, hell theres tons of guys in my area running 4.10 and steeper that daily there 11second cars. Not to mention we are 40 miles from the nearest track. The only ones ive seen trailered from here to there are my buddies 545 94 gt (8.7 at SA) and an 01 ss with toooons of work. Only reason being neither one of them want to do a wheel and tire swap once they arrive at the track, yet if the weather is nice you'll see them driving them around town and to car meets.
What other 11 second cars do you know of that people daily drive? And they all have 4:10s? Sounds horrible. The fastest mustang I have ever ridden in had 3:15s
Old 12-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #139
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Taller the gear, the taller the tire you have to run if you are going down the highway. You will greatly reduce your top speed and rpm capability if you run a smaller tire, and id love for you to go on mach 1 registry and tell people you are getting 28mpg all highway lol.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

What other 11 second cars do you know of that people daily drive? And they all have 4:10s? Sounds horrible. The fastest mustang I have ever ridden in had 3:15s
Lol ppl around here DD 10 second cars when its nice out during the warmer months. I don't see why you couldn't.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Why does anybody really care how fast someone thinks they can go. I've personally seen 2v mustangs run high 12s with some bolt ons and some Mach 1's run really low 12's with some bolt ons so a high 11 is not far off with a good launch- and as far as your engineering background, that and $2 can get you a cup of coffee around here...I'm not talking bad on you personally but as a whole , I don't put much stock in the education of engineers when it comes to racing - sorry
Newline is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track