Irwindale Drags. (LA area) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Irwindale Drags. (LA area)

I'm going to Irwindale for the drag races this Thursday & wanted to see if any of u guys wanted to come! Let me know if any of u guys can make it!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Bum bump!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
I've never been to a drag strip and don't wanna embarrass myself there :-/

How far is this from LA?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
I've never been to a drag strip and don't wanna embarrass myself there :-/ How far is this from LA?
Lol everyones embarrassed themselves there and everywhere.. If thats why you haven't been then i feel so sorry for you! You have no idea what you're missing out on.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
I've never been to a drag strip and don't wanna embarrass myself there :-/ How far is this from LA?
U should come man it's really fun..no way u embarrass ur self! Everyone there is super cool..whether there in a Honda or a built Mustang. Once u get ur 1st pass out of the way ur gonna wanna be there every Thursday! Haha. It's about an hour drive maybe a little more with the traffic! ---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
Lol everyones embarrassed themselves there and everywhere.. If thats why you haven't been then i feel so sorry for you! You have no idea what you're missing out on.
+1
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Last nights time slips! I need to get my damn 60' down!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3462035061.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	453.5 KB
ID:	135710   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1557618949.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	455.3 KB
ID:	135711  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4245704175.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	445.8 KB
ID:	135712   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2129302754.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	135713  

__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
It's an 1/8??
Vids?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
It's an 1/8?? Vids?
Yea 1/8th mile. My brother took videos I gotta get them from him & ill post them!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Yea 1/8th mile. My brother took videos I gotta get them from him & ill post them!
cool now I'm regretting not going :-/ is rather go and watch the first time so see what's it all about and than race the 2nd time
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
cool now I'm regretting not going :-/ is rather go and watch the first time so see what's it all about and than race the 2nd time
Yea it's really fun man! I'll let I know next time I head up there! The 1st time I went I watched for a while then raced!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Are there any other tracks in this area that are closer??
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Are there any other tracks in this area that are closer??
I think Pomona has some but I'm not sure what days & I don't think it's every week like Irwindale! I wanna find a 1/4 mile tho!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Hey guys I will be moving to the Rancho Cucamonga area in early January. Not sure where all you guys are located. But I'm not sure when my stang is going to make the trek out. Currently it is parked for the winter.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post
Hey guys I will be moving to the Rancho Cucamonga area in early January. Not sure where all you guys are located. But I'm not sure when my stang is going to make the trek out. Currently it is parked for the winter.
Awesome man! Welcome to the west coast! Don't worry here there's no such thing as winter! Lmao.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Awesome man! Welcome to the west coast! Don't worry here there's no such thing as winter! Lmao.
Thanks!!! I'm excited and nervous. So you are telling me that I can sell my snow tires for my Subaru??
I do have questions about Cali emissions. Could you give me a general idea of the regulations. I know my O/R x-pipe will have to go. How do they check the emissions? Where I am from, they have a plug in test by plugging a computer into the OBD port. Also if I were to drive less than 5,000 miles per year, then I am emissions exempt.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post
Thanks!!! I'm excited and nervous. So you are telling me that I can sell my snow tires for my Subaru?? I do have questions about Cali emissions. Could you give me a general idea of the regulations. I know my O/R x-pipe will have to go. How do they check the emissions? Where I am from, they have a plug in test by plugging a computer into the OBD port. Also if I were to drive less than 5,000 miles per year, then I am emissions exempt.
Yea I don't think anyone in Cali even knows what snow tires look like! Lmao.
As far as emissions go I haven't really done too many but as far as I know u must have cats & any exhaust mods must be carb legal like have a sticker/stamp that says carb legal! But I'm sure someone else from Cali that's dealt with more emission than me can elaborate a bit more! Plus over here it's easy to find the "right people" for ur car to pass if u catch my drift! Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Yea I don't think anyone in Cali even knows what snow tires look like! Lmao. As far as emissions go I haven't really done too many but as far as I know u must have cats & any exhaust mods must be carb legal like have a sticker/stamp that says carb legal! But I'm sure someone else from Cali that's dealt with more emission than me can elaborate a bit more! Plus over here it's easy to find the "right people" for ur car to pass if u catch my drift! Haha.
I need to find those people
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #18
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post
I need to find those people
Dude way easier than you think
Money talks!!
Find some Hispanics they'll help you out lol
Not being racist btw hahah
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Dude way easier than you think Money talks!! Find some Hispanics they'll help you out lol Not being racist btw hahah
+1 Lmao. Yea my people give the hook ups! Just ask around ur area! I'm sure u'll find someone running non street legal exhaust or go to different exhaust shops & ask around! Lmao.

Btw..I hate when people get all sensitive & start saying racism just because ur simply stating someone's race! (I know u did it to cover urself but I'm talking about the people that would call what u said racist! Lmao)
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:24 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.