Betting my dad. Need help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ZangStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 218
Betting my dad. Need help.

Have a 200/ v6 mustang with an h pipe and flowmaster 40s, saleen style wheels (wider in the back) and I have done the silencer removal mod on the air box. My dad has a 2010 f 150 fx2 with a 5.4. We are considering racing at the local track. Who would win? Thanks and merry Christmas!

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

2002
ZangStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Hate to say it bud, but i think you'll be seeing taillights. I've never driven an f150, but i used to have a 2000 v6 with a few mods. That thing struggled to even squeal the tires. Hopefully this isn't a bet involving cash? Just a friendly father son match.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lexington
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 351
From what I've read he has 310-320 in hp and 365lb but it is like 5500-6000 pounds so that is a good weight difference I say id be close but you would prob win my friend spanks silverado v8s
Codyty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZangStang02 View Post
Have a 200/ v6 mustang with an h pipe and flowmaster 40s, saleen style wheels (wider in the back) and I have done the silencer removal mod on the air box. My dad has a 2010 f 150 fx2 with a 5.4. We are considering racing at the local track. Who would win? Thanks and merry Christmas! ---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ---------- 2002
Don't do it for money, you will lose mate. I had a 99 v6 and that thing was slow. I raced all my v6 friends after I got my first 99-04 gt and I would spank them by many car lengths. The car is unbelievably slow. Your dad might have more weight, but he's got some serious torque and barring some kind of mess up on start or a really terribly reaction time, he will pull hard on you. You're lucky if you have maybe 5hp at the wheels with those mods.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
ZangStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 218
Thanks for the input guys! It's just a friendly father son race. No cash involved! But some serious family bragging rights
ZangStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZangStang02 View Post
Thanks for the input guys! It's just a friendly father son race. No cash involved! But some serious family bragging rights
Hopefully he's got crappy tires and you can hook on him. The fast more or less stock v6 I've seen was running maybe 15.8-15.9 . If you're inexperienced you might fall closer to 16.5-17.0 . Your dad should be able to go up to 15.0, but realistically will be closer to 16.0, unless he's solid at the tracks.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
ZangStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Hopefully he's got crappy tires and you can hook on him. The fast more or less stock v6 I've seen was running maybe 15.8-15.9 . If you're inexperienced you might fall closer to 16.5-17.0 . Your dad should be able to go up to 15.0, but realistically will be closer to 16.0, unless he's solid at the tracks.
This will be my first time at the track and I think it's his to but it would surprise me if its not. He has had his share of fast vehicles back in the day

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZangStang02 View Post
This will be my first time at the track and I think it's his to but it would surprise me if its not. He has had his share of fast vehicles back in the day
Wouldn't
ZangStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,634
Sabotage...
Sneak under his hood right before the race and disconnect one of his coils.
That should take care of his torque advantage!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Merican5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brandon
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 111
Yea my buddy has a 2000 v6 5 speed and it was awful. He didn't have anything done though so who knows. F150s aren't slow for a truck though. Just be glad it's not a 250 haha
__________________
2014 GT Track Pack Silver
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:28 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.