Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1st Time at track

3K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  Randomhero82 
#1 ·
So just had my first go around at the Wild Horse Pass Raceway . I have a 07 gt with 4.10, steeda cai w/ 91 tune. My car was #333 1st race was against a Chrysler 300, 2nd against a 14' stang, last was a late 80's early 90's 5.0 stang.

What do you think about those times?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Absolutely I noticed a difference. Car is running like a champ

Sent from my Note II using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#6 ·
#13 ·
nice work! Were you on street tires for those runs? Pick up a set of rear drag tires and get those 60 foot times down (drag radials if you have an auto trans, bias ply if you have a manual trans).

Have fun...

#17 ·
I think you were consistent especially being your first time. I think with more practice your car should definitely see better. I had a mach 1 with cat back and tune that went 8.64 at 83mph with a 2.1 60 ft at the 1/8 on a super hot florida day with street tires and with your mods I think it should be running what my mach was if not better.

#19 ·
Well went to track again, only was able to run once, until I found out anything under 14 requires a helmet. Ticket times and video seems a bit off, my light goes off first, but he shows better time.
07 Mustang Gt vs 2011 Mustang GT - YouTube

Attachments

#20 ·
Well got retuned for xpipe and cats got my best and fastest run http://youtu.be/m723GESoXSg picking up a underdrive pulley , panhard and rear uc arm soon

Sent from my T0LTE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#22 ·
Getting better but here is something to shoot for. Are you a manual? If so, a low 13 is very doable. I personally have gone 13.19s at 106 with the exact same mods and 1.99 and 1.98 60' times. That 60' foot is hurting your MPH. Keep trying :)

#23 ·
Its an auto actually. Yeah im finally getting the launch down so I don't spin the tires

#25 ·
Absolutely, and spinning on the streets is not an issue, I spin the **** out of them when I try to do test runs. I was told to pick up some drag radials would help out immensely at the track. I do love smokin some rice out on the streets though :)

#28 ·
That doesn't make alot of sense to be honest.

#30 ·
So my question is would the 60' time I had be considered a good one? I felt like I got a good job with no spin off the line. Also what would be considered good air?

#31 ·
Your 60' is definitely not good. It isn't the worst in the world but can be improved to an OK one with a few runs.

Good air?

Near sea level and 40 degrees hehe It is a balance. Because if it is too cold it is hard to get good traction. No wind, sea level and 60-70 degrees should be great if the humidity is low.

#32 ·
I live in arizona. Well I am understanding a little better now. I appreciate the info. My last run from previous posted pic I rev'd a little higher at the take off which seemed to help. I am trying to find a happy medium to not get spin and get a good take off. Some of the slower times I was only reving at 2k or so. I'm sure that doesn't help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.