Mustang Evolution Forum banner

5.0 vs 4.6

3K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Idk if anyone has tried this but how would a stock '90 5.0 compare to a stock '00 4.6 on a drag strip?

#13 ·
5.0 VS 4.6

I have two friends that have Stangs: 1) A 95 Stang 5.0 stick, very minimum Mods. 2) A 98 Stang stick, 4.6 with STEEDA Mods. Mine 07 4.6 Stang Auto, with A few well placed Mods. Both mine and the Steeda are far faster than the 95 5.0, but friend #2 told me that if #1 Put some big money into his, then he could smoke both of us, but he would have to put a Nice Lump of Money in it.:thumb:

#16 ·
I have two friends that have Stangs: 1) A 95 Stang 5.0 stick, very minimum Mods. 2) A 98 Stang stick, 4.6 with STEEDA Mods. Mine 07 4.6 Stang Auto, with A few well placed Mods. Both mine and the Steeda are far faster than the 95 5.0, but friend #2 told me that if #1 Put some big money into his, then he could smoke both of us, but he would have to put a Nice Lump of Money in it.:thumb:
After putting big money into any car it should smoke a lot of things.

#27 ·
Stock for stock the PI 4.6L wins. NPI will lose. Start doing bolt ons and gears and the playing field between a 5.0 fox and a PI 4.6L is going to be pretty level, driver's race. If we are talking about a 93-95 Cobra the Cobra is going to beat the 4.6L. My 95 would consistently beat up on my roommate's 04 and both were bolt on cars at the time.

Remember its also about the whole car setup too. A car properly setup for the 1/4 making around 260whp is going to beat a 300whp car with stockish suspension and a set of AM wheels with Sumis.

#29 ·
:nonono:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.