Mustang Evolution Forum banner

89 5.0 into 97 v6 :) advice!

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Just looking for advice, tips, suggestions.
I have a white 1997 v6 5speed, minor mods include CAI, short throw, throttle body spacer, true dual corsa exhaust, bbk shorts.
I just bought a wrecked 1989 5.0, cammed with an AOD-E 3speed built trans.
I plan to put the 5.0 into my 97 :)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!

#3 ·
O its a done deal the 5.0 had a tree fall on it and i got a crazy good deal from a friend for the whole donar car, my girlfriends dad is a ford master tech and he is fired up about the swap.. A guy from work challenge for after the build is done against his stock 5.3 ls S10 haha hes screwed.

Im mainly trying to see if anyone has done it, to see problems they encountered, fitment issues, tuning issues. Suspension setups. That sort of thing.

#5 ·
I believe long tubes, me and him are gonna rip it completely apart we have a machine shop in the area and i trust them so im gonna have it blueprinted, then gonna build the motor. Im gonna go full RACECAR on this build :) from internals to boltons, all the way to nitrous. I still havent decided on charging it tho

#9 ·
from a fellow cam'd, Bolton, nitrous sipping 5.0...you should be alright ;)

#13 ·
A 5.3L S10 is nothing to mess around with if the guy knows his ****. That motor is capable of a LOT of power and the S10 is a pretty well supported platform.

As for your swap you are going to need to swap the motor, trans, all the wiring, the fuel rails etc... You have a donor car so you can do it all with minimal nickel and dime stuff but that will still happen a bit. I'd honestly say sell the V6 and buy a nice fox 4 banger to swap the 5.0 into. Its more direct and you won't run into issues with the 97 being an OBD2 car if you live in an emissions state.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.