Cutting a good light with an automatic - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
Cutting a good light with an automatic

I have a new GT with automatic. Have the Autotrack/traction control off. Have tried deep staging and traditional staging.Cant seem to find the sweet spot. Just curious if someone has found a good procedure. Which amber are you using, are you building RPM or simply matting it etc. Imm generally late but my consistency is good. Had 4 runs for example. They were .141,.137,.140 and.130. That's leaving when the second amber goes off. The electronic throttle lag is a problem.If I leave when the second comes on I'm red. Just looking for ideas.

bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Alaska
Do you have a problem spinning? Leaving off the second yellow is pretty ballsy.... But if it works for you. Try building rpms to about 15-1800 and leaving when the third yellow comes on. Also are you counting exp. 1..2..3 in your head before you leave? One of the ways I cut a good light is by focusing on the third yellow and reacting to it coming on instead of anticipating it. You can pm anytime if I wasn't clear on anything good luck!
CFYA2818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track