First ever time at strip... thoughts, opinions advice? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
First ever time at strip... thoughts, opinions advice?

Went to Palm Beach International Raceway. My 2013 is my daily driver and I don't have any drag tires... yet., lol. Tons of fun with my 15 yr old boy and lots of great cars there.

2013 GT manual. Power is just off road H-pipe, Airraid CAI and BAMA 93R tune. Suspension BMR UCA, LCA panhard. Eibach sportlines and prodamper shocks struts.

1st run was nervous and never having been in front of a X-mas tree realized that I wasn't exactly prepared. Light turned green and whether nerves or color blind or what reaction time was HORRIBLE! 2.87 RT, LMAO. But I still ran a 13.4@111.

2nd run had traction issues galore. 14.5

3rd Run was my favorite and best. I went against a C6 Vette (was test and tune match ups all over place) I ran a 12.73 @ 105.43 with a .668 RT. I lost to Vette but ran well, he ran 12.56 @114.01 with a .195RT. I actually outran it down the strip but that RT killed me.

It was here I realized I was waiting for it to turn green and I need to try and anticipate.

Last run was 12.86@112.86 w/ .534RT beat a Turbo Nissan 240

Had fun, lots especially with the father son time. I did notice guys with Drag tires got more runs and preference. Are they allot of $$? worth it to get a set for trips to strip?

My First ever Strip Run! 9/12/14 PBIR 2013 Mustang GT - YouTube

2013 Mustang GT vs. C6 Vette - YouTube
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140912_193428.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	747.8 KB
ID:	166055   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140912_225640.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	794.4 KB
ID:	166056  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140912_225446.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	838.2 KB
ID:	166057  
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Naples-Looking good! I think for your first time out you did very well! If you're seeing this turning into a hobby (Trust me, it will!) I would cut the guess work right out and pick up a pair of drags for the weekend! As luck would have it we're running a Rebate with Mickey Thompson as we speak (cough, cough!) But in all seriousness for your first time out this is great. With Drags and a few dozen more times runs I would highly anticipate that you're going to be sliding into the mid to low 12's.

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Nice runs!!
If u don't go that often to the track u can get some cheap 17x8 wheels & trow some drag tires on them to use as a drag set up! That's what in planning on doing.
Just FYI reaction time plays no part in ur ETs. Sometimes people are just trying to out run what's next to them & dot focus so much on getting the best times. Just something to keep in mind that helped me!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Nice runs!!
If u don't go that often to the track u can get some cheap 17x8 wheels & trow some drag tires on them to use as a drag set up! That's what in planning on doing.
Just FYI reaction time plays no part in ur ETs. Sometimes people are just trying to out run what's next to them & dot focus so much on getting the best times. Just something to keep in mind that helped me!
Thanks for advice and info. I didn't know that about the RT. So the ET is from crossing the start to the end and the doesn't include the RT. Yes, I am officially a newbie lol. I am already looking. Have the car lowered so basically have to make sure the overall wheel diameter is no bigger than what I run daily. That said even if not realy wide drag radials I think a set I don't care about warming up and can afford to have a slight air let out of would help. 255/35/20 on the rear and it being the car I drive everyday I played little safe. Now just gotta start the process to get to 10's!! lol
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Thanks for advice and info. I didn't know that about the RT. So the ET is from crossing the start to the end and the doesn't include the RT. Yes, I am officially a newbie lol. I am already looking. Have the car lowered so basically have to make sure the overall wheel diameter is no bigger than what I run daily. That said even if not realy wide drag radials I think a set I don't care about warming up and can afford to have a slight air let out of would help. 255/35/20 on the rear and it being the car I drive everyday I played little safe. Now just gotta start the process to get to 10's!! lol
Haha. No worries bro we all gotta start somewhere..I'm fairly new to drag racing too! Yea ET is from crossing the start beam to crossing the finish line beam. RT is just how fast it takes u to cross the start beam once the light turns green.
My plan it to probably get some 17x8 bullitt take offs for cheap & throw some bias ply tires on there!
& after 10s it's 9s! Lmao.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Thanks for advice and info. I didn't know that about the RT. So the ET is from crossing the start to the end and the doesn't include the RT. Yes, I am officially a newbie lol. I am already looking. Have the car lowered so basically have to make sure the overall wheel diameter is no bigger than what I run daily. That said even if not realy wide drag radials I think a set I don't care about warming up and can afford to have a slight air let out of would help. 255/35/20 on the rear and it being the car I drive everyday I played little safe. Now just gotta start the process to get to 10's!! lol

This is why someone with a slower ET can win the race. It's who gets to the finish line first. If you have great reaction times compared to the other guy and get to the finish line first, you will still win even if your ET is slower.

When I was down to the track last week, I cut a few .0xx reaction times. If you wait until it's green, you waited too long...


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
This is why someone with a slower ET can win the race. It's who gets to the finish line first. If you have great reaction times compared to the other guy and get to the finish line first, you will still win even if your ET is slower. When I was down to the track last week, I cut a few .0xx reaction times. If you wait until it's green, you waited too long... Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
This is true!
But IMO if ur at the track just for your times & ur not racing anyone for bragging rights/money then a good RT doesn't really do much since it won't lower ur ETs. I'm usually get a around a 1second reaction time because I'll sit there & make sure I get the launch I want!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
This is true!
But IMO if ur at the track just for your times & ur not racing anyone for bragging rights/money then a good RT doesn't really do much since it won't lower ur ETs. I'm usually get a around a 1second reaction time because I'll sit there & make sure I get the launch I want!

True, but if you don't practice your reaction times, you won't be ready if you do ever want to race someone. Besides, don't you always want to win, no matter who you line up against? Must be that primal instinct! Actually, I haven't been to the track in a few years, so I was really shocked at how well I was doing on the tree. The guy running it didn't giving you any time either. Once that last staging light lit, he started the tree. One time he even pulled a Pro Tree on me without expecting it. I even pulled a .178 on that one.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
True, but if you don't practice your reaction times, you won't be ready if you do ever want to race someone. Besides, don't you always want to win, no matter who you line up against? Must be that primal instinct! Actually, I haven't been to the track in a few years, so I was really shocked at how well I was doing on the tree. The guy running it didn't giving you any time either. Once that last staging light lit, he started the tree. One time he even pulled a Pro Tree on me without expecting it. I even pulled a .178 on that one. Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
True it's something good to practice but usually I'm there to get the best times I can so I concentrate more on that than RTs. That's just me tho. Last time they were giving out prizes to the best RTs of the day until someone went .000 & couldn't be beat! Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
True it's something good to practice but usually I'm there to get the best times I can so I concentrate more on that than RTs. That's just me tho. Last time they were giving out prizes to the best RTs of the day until someone went .000 & couldn't be beat! Haha.
WOW... guess I will work on mine, lol. Thought I would be doing good with a .5 but then I saw everyone else, lol. I appreciate all the feedback. Already chomping at the bit to get back out there
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
First ever time at strip... thoughts, opinions advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
True it's something good to practice but usually I'm there to get the best times I can so I concentrate more on that than RTs. That's just me tho. Last time they were giving out prizes to the best RTs of the day until someone went .000 & couldn't be beat! Haha.

When I was there last week I was trying to see how early I could go and be safe. I had one red light, -.005. Man, that was close to a perfect light!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
WOW... guess I will work on mine, lol. Thought I would be doing good with a .5 but then I saw everyone else, lol. I appreciate all the feedback. Already chomping at the bit to get back out there
Yea it gets addicting bro! It's so much fun out there tho!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
When I was there last week I was trying to see how early I could go and be safe. I had one red light, -.005. Man, that was close to a perfect light! Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Man that was close. Some dude the last time I was out hit a -.001 that had to be painful! Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
First ever time at strip... thoughts, opinions advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Man that was close. Some dude the last time I was out hit a -.001 that had to be painful! Haha.

Funny thing is, it was soooo close and just for fun, I was excited about getting that close. Funny, 5/1000ths of a second was the difference between being a hero or a zero...

When I used to go down there back in the early 80s, they only went to the hundredths, that would have been a perfect light back then!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Funny thing is, it was soooo close and just for fun, I was excited about getting that close. Funny, 5/1000ths of a second was the difference between being a hero or a zero... When I used to go down there back in the early 80s, they only went to the hundredths, that would have been a perfect light back then! Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Yea that's crazy!! I've never really tried for good RTs. Next time I'm out I'm gonna try a couple see what happens! Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
I am going to make that my point of priority when I go to the closer 1/8 mile track in Immokallee. I think if I can get to an average of .25 RT or better thats gonna be pretty good. As for my 12.7... Can anyone tell me thoughts on how each of these would help... and if they would.

- Aluminum Driveshft
- 3.73 rear eand
- Drag radials/wheels for back
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
With the sport lines definitely get some LCA relo brackets. Your traction has got to be suffering w/o them with a 2" drop from a dig and between gears
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I am going to make that my point of priority when I go to the closer 1/8 mile track in Immokallee. I think if I can get to an average of .25 RT or better thats gonna be pretty good. As for my 12.7... Can anyone tell me thoughts on how each of these would help... and if they would.

- Aluminum Driveshft
- 3.73 rear eand
- Drag radials/wheels for back

I don't see if you ever mentioned what your 60' times were. That will help determine what kind of traction you are getting.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
my last two were 2.07 and 2.17 not sure if good or bad but that what they were lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
my last two were 2.07 and 2.17 not sure if good or bad but that what they were lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Not bad. Did you get any tire spin?


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I am going to make that my point of priority when I go to the closer 1/8 mile track in Immokallee. I think if I can get to an average of .25 RT or better thats gonna be pretty good. As for my 12.7... Can anyone tell me thoughts on how each of these would help... and if they would. - Aluminum Driveshft - 3.73 rear eand - Drag radials/wheels for back
Aluminum driveshaft would drop a couple tenths off of ur ETs.
Gear won't help much with ETs.
Drag wheel/tire set up would help be more consistent & drop around 1/2 a second of ur ETs.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Not bad. Did you get any tire spin?


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
I had some bad wheel spin on one. Rest werent bad at all. sticky track though. I did slip little on last one that was 12.8. That one "felt" like best run as far as everything else. One more question... do you go until you see the light on the side of the track turn red? I was always nervous going to go too far think at least once let off too soon. I also know on that 12.8 run I shifted to fourth and could have gone without that, not sure what that cost me
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Aluminum driveshaft would drop a couple tenths off of ur ETs.
Gear won't help much with ETs.
Drag wheel/tire set up would help be more consistent & drop around 1/2 a second of ur ETs.
Thanks you... now just gotta find some cheap drags i can throw in trunk. Drive shaft saving for, thats next on mod list. As for gears, wont help at strip but will they hurt? Are they more for street help?
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I had some bad wheel spin on one. Rest werent bad at all. sticky track though. I did slip little on last one that was 12.8. That one "felt" like best run as far as everything else. One more question... do you go until you see the light on the side of the track turn red? I was always nervous going to go too far think at least once let off too soon. I also know on that 12.8 run I shifted to fourth and could have gone without that, not sure what that cost me

Each track could be a little different. We have a small orange light on each side, however, that is the win light. If you are not running alone and don't get to the finish line first at our track, the light will not turn on. I just make sure I get past the traps a couple car lengths. Those are the two sets of boxes close to one another at the finish line.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Each track could be a little different. We have a small orange light on each side, however, that is the win light. If you are not running alone and don't get to the finish line first at our track, the light will not turn on. I just make sure I get past the traps a couple car lengths. Those are the two sets of boxes close to one another at the finish line.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Thanks man. Was so juiced up wasnt really doing lots of thinking and figuring lol. Next time go to a track I have to check it all out and think through more. Cant wait to go again either. Rush was even more than expected. I think it is going to be costing me a bunch of money over next couple years lol
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Thanks man. Was so juiced up wasnt really doing lots of thinking and figuring lol. Next time go to a track I have to check it all out and think through more. Cant wait to go again either. Rush was even more than expected. I think it is going to be costing me a bunch of money over next couple years lol

You do get an adrenaline rush every time you pull up to the line. Same feeling as when that big buck steps out while deer hunting.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Thanks for advice and info. I didn't know that about the RT. So the ET is from crossing the start to the end and the doesn't include the RT. Yes, I am officially a newbie lol. I am already looking. Have the car lowered so basically have to make sure the overall wheel diameter is no bigger than what I run daily. That said even if not realy wide drag radials I think a set I don't care about warming up and can afford to have a slight air let out of would help. 255/35/20 on the rear and it being the car I drive everyday I played little safe. Now just gotta start the process to get to 10's!! lol
I thought the RT impacted ET as well, until people started schooling me on a Facebook group... =P
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuisBlackGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 334
First ever time at strip... thoughts, opinions advice?

12.7 @105? Did u miss 4th at the end of the run? This is a good time but your trap is low and the 60' looks fine


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

By the way I'm usually at pbir as well
__________________
2014 Black Mustang GT. 20" Amr wheels, Sr Performance lowering springs 1.5", stillen front chin, mmd window louvers, roush AB exhaust. FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @barrios_Luis
LuisBlackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBlackGT View Post
12.7 @105? Did u miss 4th at the end of the run? This is a good time but your trap is low and the 60' looks fine


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

By the way I'm usually at pbir as well
I didn't miss fourth but I think I should have hit it sooner or skipped it. Really wasnt sure I was at end so let flatten out but then got nervous and shifted right at the very end. Other run was at 12.8 @111 and that had slight slipping at beginning. Hoping for under a 12.5 next time but maybe thats wishful thinking lol
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuisBlackGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I didn't miss fourth but I think I should have hit it sooner or skipped it. Really wasnt sure I was at end so let flatten out but then got nervous and shifted right at the very end. Other run was at 12.8 @111 and that had slight slipping at beginning. Hoping for under a 12.5 next time but maybe thats wishful thinking lol

12.5 is not out of reach, especially if u can get that 60' to like 1.9xx


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 Black Mustang GT. 20" Amr wheels, Sr Performance lowering springs 1.5", stillen front chin, mmd window louvers, roush AB exhaust. FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @barrios_Luis
LuisBlackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
thyreaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 328
Gears will help ur ETs .... Gears and drag radials i bet u could cut a whole second off providing u get a good burnout and u drop the hammer at the right rpm, a 2 step would help u get consistent with ur take offs to, i usually like a .025 light if u can consistently get a .025 or close then people will have a hard time beating u in bracket racing


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyreaper View Post
Gears will help ur ETs .... Gears and drag radials i bet u could cut a whole second off providing u get a good burnout and u drop the hammer at the right rpm, a 2 step would help u get consistent with ur take offs to, i usually like a .025 light if u can consistently get a .025 or close then people will have a hard time beating u in bracket racing


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Forgive the ignorance but is a 2 step where it locks up only front brakes? DEFINITELY need drag radials! Went to different track last weekend (1/8 mile) and everyone was having grip issues but mine were horrible. looking at hears, aluminum driveshaft and that new Bracket for manual shifter. Having real issue with high RPM shifts as well.
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
thyreaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 328
A 2 step allows u to put the gas peddal to the floor and it keeps it as whatever rpms u set the 2 step at then when u drop the clutch the 2step de-activates and allows the engine to rev like normal , the thing that locks ur front brakes so u can burnout is called a linelock


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time at drag strip ever. SMH gdcracing 2011-2014 Mustang GT 36 03-28-2014 12:58 PM
Need opinions and advice first time engine swap soon Gobabygo67 1996-2004 Mustang GT 16 08-21-2013 11:45 AM
First time to the Drag Strip Soccerluvr4 At the Track 22 02-22-2013 03:56 PM
Advice for first time at drag strip. Venomouz831 1996-2004 Mustang GT 27 08-28-2012 08:37 PM
First time at the Drag Strip SC_STEEDA General Mustang Discussion 17 06-12-2008 04:30 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:16 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.