Racing My stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Racing My stang

Looking to essentially turn my stang into a pure track car. Are there companies that will sponsor me if i throw their stickers on my car?
syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 12:43 AM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

You usually need to already have a name for yourself in the racing world before they will sponsor you. They won't just give free parts to anyone. You need to be GOOD.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Like all things... it depends. Unless you have a name for yourself, you aren't going to get a sponsorship from performance companies and the like. That said, depending on the venues you intend to race at and their projected attendance you might be able to put together a pitch and get them to toss in some marketing dollars in exchange for you placing their logos on your ride.

Questions you will need to answer:
-Will the event be televised or otherwise broadcast?
-What is the projected live attendance based on previous events?
-Is there an option to advertise on tickets sold to the public in full or part?
-Based on previous performance what is your expected placing?

If its a local SCCA event, the odds of getting a sponsor are nil unless you know someone.
If it is something bigger and/or televised, then you have a potential opportunity.

-Static
Static_LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 11:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yep.
You know what they say, it's always a good thing to have skill and talent...But it's better to know someone!

I think that some people get confused when they see stickers on race cars. And I'm not talking about Nascar. Some of the stickers that you see are required equipment if you race in certain series. You have to have them on your car and you don't get paid a dime. The SCCA/TireRack Pro Solo National tour is one of those series. Everyone needs to have the giant TireRack windshield sticker to be able to compete in the series.
There are, however, contingency sponsorships available, for some race series, in certain classes, from some fairly well known companies like Toyota, Subaru, Hoosier tire, etc. You need to have their parts already installed on your car and then sign up as a participant in their contingency sponsorship program. You get paid a small amount for placing in the events and I think that some companies pay you a small amount if you complete the event as well. I'm sure that the details of these sponsorships vary widely and there are probably a bunch of hoops that you have to jump through to get paid.
Anything that you might get from these contingency sponsorships is a mere pittance compared to what it costs to campaign a car for a season at one of these race series but every little bit helps.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
The easiest way to get a sponsor is to start your own successful company and take it out of the advertising budget. As a bonus you may get to write off part of this in your taxes.

-Static
Static_LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

When I was drag racing my Buick grand national I was sponsored by Keene bell I used all his stuff and gave me his cost on parts, Jim bell is not very friendly anymore he used to be a good guy. ....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track