Line lock and 2 step clarification/questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Line lock and 2 step clarification/questions

OK, I have made it to the tracks around here a few times. Still a rookie though. I am going to be getting some 15x10's and drag slicks for days I go to the track. I already know I am going to need sway relocation bracket and have that as planned for purchase with tires and wheels. Questions now revolve around two more parts. Please see below for my understanding of the workings and benefits and let me know if and where my errors are:

Line lock: switch you can flick (in cabin or under hood?) that basically disengages your back brakes. This will help with burnout to warm up tires and should in theory help with launch potentially as well. I am assuming due to the front brakes doing the brunt of the work and the long strip slow down time having only the fronts engaged while dragging isn't any form of an issue.

2 Step: This is where I have a little confusion. This basically acts as a launch control in one aspect. It will allow me to limit RPM's when the clutch is in so that I can set my ideal RPM's for launch and no the car isn't going to go above that allowing concentration for the tree. Once clutch is released and car goes the cap will disengage as soon as the car goes above the set RPM limit.

Here is the questions I have regarding this?
1.) if your foot is mashed and the limit is set at 2000rpm's is that through throttle? In other words once I release clutch and go does that go from limited to WOT as soon as I launch?
2.) I was told by one person that this (or maybe I/they are confusing with a different part) reads clutch positioning and allows you to basically keep the throttle wide open then entire run and just engage the clutch to shift without the need to let off the throttle? Is this accurate.

As always thanks for the help guys.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
OK I'll try to help. The line-loc button will be inside the cabin where you can reach it. It needs to be a momentary switch.In other words its a push type button that will activate the LL only while the button is being pressed. You position your rear tires in the water, push your brake pedal and the LL button. When the button is pushed you release the brake pedal but continue pressing the LL button until you get the tires smoking. By the way be careful not to get too crazy with the RPMS or tire smoke,they spin pretty easy in the water. At this point the brake pressure is applied to your front brakes only and the rear brakes are not applied allowing you to spin the tires.When the button is released the front brake pressure is also released. From this point on your car has normal braking(All 4 wheels). Just be certain to NEVER push the line-loc button unless doing a burnout. Its ok to use it to hold car at the line with a manual tranz. too.

Your thoughts on the 2-step are pretty much correct. Hope this helped.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks a ton i didnt realuze that aboit line lock. Very helpful.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like I will go with the Hurst line lock as it is a momentary switch and the JPC is a toggle. As for the two step does anyone have advice between these:

N2MB
N2MB Racing Dual Feature WOT Box

MSD
MSD Launch Master Mustang 2-Step Rev Limiter 8731 (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track