Beamer vs Stang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2015, 01:14 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
This comparison only works if both people can drive as good as the magazine drivers. Odds are the guy won't be able to launch his evo without bogging real bad.
I have never found the EVO or STi to be difficult to launch in the least. Tach until boost builds, then side step the clutch, then immediately to second. This launch technique is why many national level SCCA courses have an immediate 90 degree turn after the start beams, to prevent what is affectionately known as the Subie Launch from upsetting the balance of a class.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2015, 01:35 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yeah Ima have to practice a bit because my launch against the 2015 v6 wasn't that great and I really want to beat my friend if he ends up getting the Evo we always argue wether which one of us is going to win

Mustang Boost Logic
stangs4l1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:15 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
I have never found the EVO or STi to be difficult to launch in the least. Tach until boost builds, then side step the clutch, then immediately to second. This launch technique is why many national level SCCA courses have an immediate 90 degree turn after the start beams, to prevent what is affectionately known as the Subie Launch from upsetting the balance of a class.
I've seen the opposite from all the subaru and evo guys up here. They all just mat the pedal and dump the clutch only to bog down for a while. Three launches later they're gonna need a new clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
Off-topic, but it's cool to see another forum member from Colorado, especially one closer to the Front Range area
Yup, there aren't too many Colorado guys on here unfortunately. Holler if you ever need help.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2015, 03:11 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Make sure that you do not bounce the limiter for more than five seconds, if you hold longer any Subaru will pull timing until the key is cycled. Our procedure is to bounce a 6,000 rpm limiter for four seconds, then dump. For an example, go to the national event down at pike peak international or up in Lincoln next year, and it will change your perspective (you seem to have run across the typical person who is attracted to that type of car, as opposed to someone who knows how to drive it). Clutch is not typically the fail point, but rather the CV axles and actual transmission (only in the WRX, the STi has a stronger transmission). I have had two let go over the course of a weekend, but granted, it was an 04 STi that had won nationals in STU several times, so it has been ridden very hard.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:20 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
Make sure that you do not bounce the limiter for more than five seconds, if you hold longer any Subaru will pull timing until the key is cycled. Our procedure is to bounce a 6,000 rpm limiter for four seconds, then dump. For an example, go to the national event down at pike peak international or up in Lincoln next year, and it will change your perspective (you seem to have run across the typical person who is attracted to that type of car, as opposed to someone who knows how to drive it). Clutch is not typically the fail point, but rather the CV axles and actual transmission (only in the WRX, the STi has a stronger transmission). I have had two let go over the course of a weekend, but granted, it was an 04 STi that had won nationals in STU several times, so it has been ridden very hard.
I've seen the C/V axle failures (quite hilarious to watch) on the WRX's and some STI's, but I was more speaking towards the Evo X when I said the clutch will fail after a couple launches. They are notorious for slipping after just a few clutch dumps.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track