Heads up drag race VS. McLaren 650S - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Heads up drag race VS. McLaren 650S

Showed up to my local 1/8th mile drag strip last Friday to get some runs in. Well... my 3rd race of the night, I was pitted against a 2015 McLaren 650S. We were in completely different brackets, but hands down the best race I will ever lose.

I ran an 8.9 and the McLaren ran an 8.2. I have moderate bolt ons while he is stock.
Attached Files
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
You should've just run him about the first 60 foot. Looks like you had him till then. Must've been kinda fun to run a McLaren.
WoodDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodDA View Post
You should've just run him about the first 60 foot. Looks like you had him till then. Must've been kinda fun to run a McLaren.
He only ran a few times that night - just couldn't hook up on that untreated track. Once he did gain traction tho, he was pulling harder than anyone else on the track that night. Nonetheless, I'll probably never get to race another supercar of that caliber, until I manage to get in the drivers seat of one myself. What an adrenaline rush...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Awesome. Win or lose going up against it had to be awesome. I love the feeling when the car pulls up next to you. lights start going green... aaahh.. gotta go back soon
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Awesome. Win or lose going up against it had to be awesome. I love the feeling when the car pulls up next to you. lights start going green... aaahh.. gotta go back soon
That was my second time at the strip... went back to back weekends. Totally addicted man, this **** is awesome!!
Old 05-03-2016, 03:45 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
He only ran a few times that night - just couldn't hook up on that untreated track. Once he did gain traction tho, he was pulling harder than anyone else on the track that night. Nonetheless, I'll probably never get to race another supercar of that caliber, until I manage to get in the drivers seat of one myself. What an adrenaline rush...
Do Shift S3ctor. Its a 1/2 mile race. I see you are in SoCal, they have a few events a year in that area. Its mostly exotics that go. And not stock ones at that.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Do Shift S3ctor. Its a 1/2 mile race. I see you are in SoCal, they have a few events a year in that area. Its mostly exotics that go. And not stock ones at that.
Thanks for the 411, haven't heard of them prior. That looks like a wild experience, racing or just watching. I'm bummed I just missed the April event... going to make plans to spectate the October event.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
That's awesome. I'd love to race a McLaren even though I'd get smoked. This kinda reminded of when my cousin ran against a 9 second GTR for some reason. He has a stock 2016 Challenger R/T, he ran a 14 it was his first time racing too haha poor guy.
Ferr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > At the Track