New Forum - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2015 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
Regular

Brent is unknown around these parts
New Forum

Now that the 2013 is out we can look forward to the next surprise, the 2015 Mustang. It will be the biggest redesign since 2005 and many people are curious and even worried about the direction Ford will take the Mustang.

What do you think?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
Blog Manager
Regular

Lalayla is unknown around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I'm a little worried. I hope they don't make it too futuristic or anything. It makes me nervous but I hope I end up liking it. Maybe they'll get rid of the six and do like the SVO and EcoBoost.... Man, you just never know... I am a little anxious about it.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
Blog Manager
Regular

Lalayla is unknown around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I didn't like the 05s or the 2010 tails right away so if I don't like it at first I hope it will grow on me.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Eturner is unknown around these parts
Personally I know performance wise it will be a beast!.. Looks wise.... I'm a bit concerned now because I really don't care for what they did to the 2013 models!..
Old 11-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Supporter
Staff

primer2tone is unknown around these parts
I was not fond of the '10, '11 body style. I didn't like how rounded the rear end was and I didn't like the plastic black trim. I've always felt that the mustang should have sharp lines and a bold appearance. It's since grown on me. I'm sure whatever the 2015 is gonna look like, it'll take a moment to adjust to the changes. :Good things:
Old 11-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

rinfield2004 is unknown around these parts
Re: New Forum

Whatever direction Ford decides to take the Mustang is gonna be sick. Ford has a LOT at stake, so, needless to say, they'll playing their aces strategically. I'm excited about where the Mustang has come, where its been, where it is now, and where its gonna go.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:08 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

blackhawk 1 is unknown around these parts

cant wait , it will be awesome !
Old 11-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Beav is unknown around these parts

Mustangs have gone through a lot of changes over the years. There are definitely models of the Mustang that I like better than others, sometimes because of looks and others because of performance...

Over time Mustangs have gotten bigger, and they have gotten smaller, and now they are heading towards smaller again.. This doesn't bother me, Mustangs are about as big and heavy as they have ever been. I say it's time to trim the fat. The numbers that these new Ecoboost engines are making makes me think that smaller doesn't have to be slower. I am kind of excited about just how good a lighter Mustang could handle, but I do wonder what it will look like. I am a retro guy myself, so the 2015 Mustang probably won't appeal to me as much visually as the 2005 to 2010 models, but that doesn't mean I won't like them and it wouldn't keep me from buying one....

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
Mustangs have gone through a lot of changes over the years. There are definitely models of the Mustang that I like better than others, sometimes because of looks and others because of performance...

Over time Mustangs have gotten bigger, and they have gotten smaller, and now they are heading towards smaller again.. This doesn't bother me, Mustangs are about as big and heavy as they have ever been. I say it's time to trim the fat. The numbers that these new Ecoboost engines are making makes me think that smaller doesn't have to be slower. I am kind of excited about just how good a lighter Mustang could handle, but I do wonder what it will look like. I am a retro guy myself, so the 2015 Mustang probably won't appeal to me as much visually as the 2005 to 2010 models, but that doesn't mean I won't like them and it wouldn't keep me from buying one....
The Eco Boost V6 would be a pretty sweet motor for the new Mustang!..
Old 11-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
Road Trip!

dreamstang is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

There is rumors of a turbo charged ecoboost 4 banger.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

There is rumors of a turbo charged ecoboost 4 banger.
Ya I've heard that too!.. But I'm hopeing they do the V6 one instead!!...
Old 11-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

DDTCM is just getting started.

I just hope its not something thats gonna make me wanna buy another one.....but it probably will be. At the rate im going mine will be almost paid off and have a total of 12k on it by then. Maybe that will net me a decent trade in value.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:

Ya I've heard that too!.. But I'm hopeing they do the V6 one instead!!...
They said they will still have v6 models but I'm not sure if they will be ecoboost.personally I think the v6 motor right now is great!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Sirtat is unknown around these parts
If the new v6 mustangs have 300 HP I really wonder what the HP numbers will be in 2015 for the v6 and gt..
and and and I DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT !!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_QJ...ure=plcp<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfvYVYlfio&feature=plcp
Sirtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtat
If the new v6 mustangs have 300 HP I really wonder what the HP numbers will be in 2015 for the v6 and gt..
That probably depends on what our competition brings to the table.the hp war is definitely back so enjoy
Old 11-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Hawk is unknown around these parts
Quote:

+1 but as a base model. What ever they do they have to stop trying to make it look like the new camaro after seeing some of the 2013 pics i just see to much influince to that styling. Personally belive that they should mix the styling from the 1969 mach 1 the mustang 2 and the fox i think theres enough styling ques to go off of in thouse three models to make something truelly awsome and world class
Old 11-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

+1 but as a base model. What ever they do they have to stop trying to make it look like the new camaro after seeing some of the 2013 pics i just see to much influince to that styling. Personally belive that they should mix the styling from the 1969 mach 1 the mustang 2 and the fox i think theres enough styling ques to go off of in thouse three models to make something truelly awsome and world class
I agree with that!.. But Ford already said that the new Mustang will not be a retro look!.. Kinda makes me concerned as they have already built some ugly ones in the past!.. Lol
Old 11-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:

I agree with that!.. But Ford already said that the new Mustang will not be a retro look!.. Kinda makes me concerned as they have already built some ugly ones in the past!.. Lol
Yes that is concerning.I've been pondering the idea myself and I think a whole new muscle car body style is tricky to pull off.you definatley don't want it to look exotic or ricey.it should have a nice wide muscular stance.all of this while trying not to copy dodge or Chevy and be something totally different than they have done themselves.it seems like a fine line to walk but I am confident they will pull it off.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

tim_mcc is unknown around these parts
All I know is I would love more of the 60's come back in the body styles. My favorite is still and probly always will be the 67 fast back. That's just my opinion tho.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_mcc
All I know is I would love more of the 60's come back in the body styles. My favorite is still and probly always will be the 67 fast back. That's just my opinion tho.
Personally it think they should do a retro/remake of the "new edge style"!..... I mean it is almost old enough to be considered for a retro look!... Right???.... Hahahahahaha.

Actually I just like my cars look the most out of all Mustangs!... Maybe in another 20+ years they will do one!... Hahahahahaha
Old 11-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

03GT88 is unknown around these parts
I really liked all mustang up until 05. I am.starting to really like the 10 and 11s. I'm excited The horsepower is increasing still. As long as they stay away from the word hybrid and keep the car looking muscular ill be happy.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

M3to5.0 is unknown around these parts

At the end of the day Ford is going to produce a Mustang that people will WANT to buy. I would not worry about the looks too much. I would be more concerned if they decide to go the European route and drop the V8's for a more efficient TT V6. I REFUSE to own a V6 Muscle car.... nothing against any of you who currently own them. It is just the growl a V8 makes that cannot be reproduced by a V6
Old 11-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

deadsp0t is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
At the end of the day Ford is going to produce a Mustang that people will WANT to buy. I would not worry about the looks too much. I would be more concerned if they decide to go the European route and drop the V8's for a more efficient TT V6. I REFUSE to own a V6 Muscle car.... nothing against any of you who currently own them. It is just the growl a V8 makes that cannot be reproduced by a V6
Your are correct sir and I agree 100%!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

salcruz is unknown around these parts
Send a message via Yahoo to salcruz
As long as Ford makes a Mustang, I will be a fan. Just hope I can pay off my 2012 in time to get a new one!
All I need is a v10 and my stable will be complete.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

M3to5.0 is unknown around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salcruz View Post
As long as Ford makes a Mustang, I will be a fan. Just hope I can pay off my 2012 in time to get a new one!
All I need is a v10 and my stable will be complete.
Dodge is bringing back the Viper...... and I am sure you could get a 2006-2009 BMW M5 for a bargain.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #26
Road Trip!

Hawk is unknown around these parts
Quote:

Thats fine to but if they go towards that stupid gt90 styling i think i might jump off a bridge!

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Im sure as long as they follow the "sharp up front round in back" matra they will be OK :s sort of because it has been done wrong b4 lol BUT maybe a little pantara influance would be nice if done right lol who knows cant wait to see now... Thanks alot now this is bugging me. HEY FORD U LISTENING i want pictures NOW let my mind rist on this pls thx yours truelly

Mike Hawk.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

Thats fine to but if they go towards that stupid gt90 styling i think i might jump off a bridge!

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Im sure as long as they follow the "sharp up front round in back" matra they will be OK :s sort of because it has been done wrong b4 lol BUT maybe a little pantara influance would be nice if done right lol who knows cant wait to see now... Thanks alot now this is bugging me. HEY FORD U LISTENING i want pictures NOW let my mind rist on this pls thx yours truelly

Mike Hawk.
Hahahahahahaha I'm with ya!!!....
Old 11-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
Staff
Blogger
Staff

99ford is unknown around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0 View Post
Dodge is bringing back the Viper...... and I am sure you could get a 2006-2009 BMW M5 for a bargain.
Very true. The 06-09 M5's are very nice cars, design wise- not my absolute favorite of the 5 series. I really liked the previous generation better.

As for the 2015 Mustang, I bet they do away with the enhanced plastics found on '10-14's- it seems to me they get a lot more complaints than they do likes on that.

Engine wise I don't think they would ever take the V8 out. An ECO boost 4, or 6cyl may be an option for the non GT's. I would guess the ECO boost 4 as the 6 puts out almost as much as a V8. I seriously doubt a hybrid would be a choice!

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

Mike Hawk.
Haha they have been pretty good about listening to what their customers want lately. They really have no reason not to as that wouldn't sell cars.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Very true. The 06-09 M5's are very nice cars, design wise- not my absolute favorite of the 5 series. I really liked the previous generation better.

As for the 2015 Mustang, I bet they do away with the enhanced plastics found on '10-14's- it seems to me they get a lot more complaints than they do likes on that.

Engine wise I don't think they would ever take the V8 out. An ECO boost 4, or 6cyl may be an option for the non GT's. I would guess the ECO boost 4 as the 6 puts out almost as much as a V8. I seriously doubt a hybrid would be a choice!

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Haha they have been pretty good about listening to what their customers want lately. They really have no reason not to as that wouldn't sell cars.
you spoke my thoughts right on the money!
Old 11-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

B
Old 11-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #31

krushbrook94gt is unknown around these parts
An I the only person who has seen the 2014 1/2 ford mustang concept car shown in mm&ff January 2012 mag? First of all u all need to pick it up, second I really hope they don't make it look like that, or even close, and third, ford already referred to it as a "fastback"....
Old 11-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

MMVEC is unknown around these parts
Guys, I can't get into specifics but I know that everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the looks of the next Mustang. How do I know? I'm a component supplier on the current and 2015 model and let me tell you the car will definitely have a contemporary, modern look to it-much more than the 2005-2013 models have now. There will be (limited) retro cues--nothing too tacky, just enough to tell the average dude that it is indeed a Mustang. The car is going slightly upmarket in style and quality to compete with BMW/Audi/Nissan. Don't worry though, the boys in Dearborn have not taken their eye off the ball (read Camaro & Challenger). Look out Chevy and Dodge, come 2015, the King will return....
Old 11-21-2011, 12:27 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

JetWolf is unknown around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVEC
Guys, I can't get into specifics but I know that everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the looks of the next Mustang. How do I know? I'm a component supplier on the current and 2015 model and let me tell you the car will definitely have a contemporary, modern look to it-much more than the 2005-2013 models have now. There will be (limited) retro cues--nothing too tacky, just enough to tell the average dude that it is indeed a Mustang. The car is going slightly upmarket in style and quality to compete with BMW/Audi/Nissan. Don't worry though, the boys in Dearborn have not taken their eye off the ball (read Camaro & Challenger). Look out Chevy and Dodge, come 2015, the King will return....
Sweet Jesus by slightly upmarket I hope you mean they didnt go with that whole ghastly "tweaked evo" theme..!
Give a dog a bone here, is it muscular? Curvy? Or Edgy? Extremely modernized or more Retro futuristic? Do you think the legendary years such as late 60s/1969 will return with the new model? Is it a more powerful V8 than ever before? Does it have similar styling to the 2013 halo tail lights? I really loved those, I had my fingers crossed they'd come with the new body but they came earlier than I expected!
Is it sleek, more of a luxury/sports car feel or does it still have that rough sexy edge of pure muscle? Are they putting any 50th anniversary badges on the '14? Please tell me they didn't take any styling cues from the camaro/challenger or somebody's going to get hurt.. lol!
I guess I just have to be patient.. so far Ford hasn't let their customers and I down.. so hopefully the next body style with inspire me to drop all of my money on it in a heartbeat so they can keep making more, ha! Got my fingers crossed boys, it will be the first car I buy completely on my own and first fully owned V8 so drop an engine in there that will blow my mind!

I have trust in you guys.. don't let me down!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

MMVEC is unknown around these parts
@JetWolf what I can tell you is the MY2015 model will have both an edgy and curvy look to it--think a modern day 99-04 with a little Aston Martin DBS and Nissan 370Z in the rear three quarter view. Both are muscular, curvy and edgy. Fit and finish will be close to or on par with the Audi S5. The roof line will be lower to accommodate a much sleeker rake to the windshield. The rear fenders are flared to give that wide stance and "don't f$&k with me" look from the rear. The rear taillight treatment will look similar to the 99-04 in terms of edginess. The halo look may return but depends on customer feedback--they may go with LEDS instead. Don't forget, Ford plans to export this model to both Europe and China--it will be a global vehicle. This means an independent rear suspension with world class handling and performance.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

JetWolf is unknown around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVEC
@JetWolf what I can tell you is the MY2015 model will have both an edgy and curvy look to it--think a modern day 99-04 with a little Aston Martin DBS and Nissan 370Z in the rear three quarter view. Both are muscular, curvy and edgy. Fit and finish will be close to or on par with the Audi S5. The roof line will be lower to accommodate a much sleeker rake to the windshield. The rear fenders are flared to give that wide stance and "don't f$&k with me" look from the rear. The rear taillight treatment will look similar to the 99-04 in terms of edginess. The halo look may return but depends on customer feedback--they may go with LEDS instead. Don't forget, Ford plans to export this model to both Europe and China--it will be a global vehicle. This means an independent rear suspension with world class handling and performance.
Oh man, I'm going to have to Photoshop this now. Thanks for letting me know! Sounds exciting, I seriously cannot wait for this new generation, it sounds like its going to bring something entirely new to the floor. Edgy and curvy is exactly what I had in mind, 99-04s had my favorite rear ends, are they bringing back the embossed rear bumpers like they had? Well I guess you can't say much, must be hard to keep such an amazing thing a secret. Hope they keep the halos, absolutely love that look, and it would be really popular international wise. When you say 370z rear I think of a hatchback, i hope it still has the vertical tri-segmented tail lights, you know how Mustang purists flipped about the 94-95 horizontal ones, ha! Hmmm I hope its a bit edgier than the S5, they seem too domesticated to me, you can't forget what Iaccoca said with the whole "the Mustang is a wild horse, not a domesticated racer". But in all it sounds like an amazing beast, hope it delivers enough power to smack down all previous generations!

Thanks for listening to your customers, that's one reason the Mustang is soon celebrating it's solid, uninterrupted 50th anniversary!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2015 Mustang