Mustang Evolution Forum banner

The 15 is out of the corral

9K views 83 replies 22 participants last post by  Aggiesrok 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I love the new mustang. A lot of people still don't like it but yet again, that's because most people have only seen it in Stock form. Lowered on some aftermarket rims and body kit it will look awesome imo.

#12 ·
I've priced it online. Price minus my trade then using the Ford X plan ( Michelin employee), should put me in the $19-20,000 range. This is for the eco with performance package. Cool feature of the PP is 3.55 gears!

If I can get the same interest rate I have now, my payment would almost be the same.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#22 ·
This is not all inclusive but am posting from phone, check out Mustang6G if you need more.

Larger intake and exhaust valves based on the 2013 Boss® 302 5.0L V8 engine
• Sinter-forged connecting rods are lighter and more durable for high-rpm operation
• Rebalanced forged steel crankshaft supports higher-rpm operation
• New cylinder head casting with revised high-flow ports provides a straighter path to the valves for less-restrictive intake and exhaust flow
• Combustion chamber modifications accommodate larger valves
• Deep-sump oil pan

#20 ·
As much as Ford leaves on the table with all of it's engines, I seriously doubt that it will be maxed out. I'm really curious to see the numbers the eco can put out with a tune.

#29 ·
You can run 9s on the current 2011-14 heads unported and stock cams. The boss rotating assembly is nicer and good for another 100 ft lbs but its not true drop forged. Just a beefier powdered rod.

#28 ·
I'm starting to like the 2015 basically the convertible, just looks different to me. Not really digging the coupe.

The mpgs I've seen posted aren't really convincing me, in the end who really cares about the mpg right? Ha. Still wouldn't bother getting one even if it were the convertible, I'm happy with my 14!

#35 ·
The V6 has plenty of support. Very basic mods and a tune and its a pretty damn fast vehicle honestly. Not really a super lot more they can do with it. The Ecoboost will probably be better for the aftermarket simply because its got a turbo on it. I could see an easy, albeit peaky, 400-450rwhp out of it. I bet it gets near 40 mpg if you keep your foot out of it too and that is where the big appeal is going to be IMO.

Sorry fellas. That rear a$$ end is horrible. Not to mention the tail lights and their shape. How could Ford go away with the beautiful LED tail lights from the 13-14 models? Good grief.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Agreed, I can live with the frontend but the ass end... makes me want to throw up in my mouth. I really REALLY hope that Shelby/Roush/Saleen/Cervinis SOMEONE comes out with something that covers over it and redoes the tails or at least modifies them enough to look passable. Cervinis already does something like that with the 05-09 tails. You can install an old school looking GT500 horizontal light setup over the stock stuff that looks pretty damn good.

#39 ·
That's all it really needs though. If you want more power than exhaust/intake mods and a tune, buy a GT.

#40 ·
That's all it needs? According to who? I would think many V6 owners would love to see a larger aftermarket selection of parts. And, as you should know, not everyone can fork out the money for a GT. They buy the lesser expensive V6 and mod it as funds allow.

#41 ·
What parts are you looking for? I'm sure if they thought they could sell enough of them, they would.

It just doesn't make sense to spend $7k-$10k on a V6, to make a V6 that's performing at a level close to a stock GT.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

#43 ·
The difference between a V6 and a GT is a lot more than the engine. Most of the suspension, handling parts, etc. are beefier. If you're going to drop almost $10k into a V6 it makes a lot more sense to save and get a GT to start with.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

#44 ·
IF you can afford a GT. Keep in mind the V6 costs less as far as insurance goes. I paid $18,800 for my PP 2012 brand new. As you know, the PP is pretty much a GT with a V6 power plant. Hell, I could put nitrous on it and out run a GT for a whole lot less than a new GT would have cost me. Either way, I would like to see more options for the V6 and I'm sure others would as well. One of the reasons I'm looking into a '15 ecoboost is I believe it will receive a lot more attention and support from the aftermarket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.