2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 - Official - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Ah, I feel bad now. After reading your sources, they don't really help you...lol

MT said they don't credit the braking to brakes, they credit it to the super sticky tires...

And that list of cars, the two best (that they offer details) one uses ceramic, the other uses steel- Gallardo SL with ceramic, and Gran Turismo with steel. Also, a Gallardo most likely has bigger brakes, and better tires, than the GT.

I no longer see it as relevant lol

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Best point. We don't know yet. Completely new platform with IRS finally! And once a real race tuner like Shelby gets ahold of it and puts some race suspension on it, I think its going to be great. That said the Z-28's are phenomenal, but a HUGE part of it is due to is HUGE (and lightweight) wheels/tires.

Yes we need GM to compete with Ford. We need Camaro's! With out competition, companies rest on their laurels, jack up profits and give you less bang for buck. When there's stiff competition, we as consumers get more bang for buck!!

You do realize the ONLY reason we have such great performing Mustangs that we do right now is b/c Ford was caught with its pants down when Camaro relaunched in 2009 with a 300+hp V6 and 400+hp V8. Ford had to jump 100+ hp in 2011 to play catch up.

If there was no Camaro, we'd probably have 375hp GT's and 275hp V6's right now..
You sir couldn't be more correct and I have said this all along for years. The ONLY reason us mustang enthusiasts have the current and recent past platforms of enhanced performance ( 2011-2015) is because of GM. With that said I think you give Ford way to much credit about enhancing performance had GM not bring back the Camaro.

Let's take a look at the facts. 2005 Gt had 300 HP. 2010 Gt had 315 HP. Let me get this straight. In 5 freaking years Ford bumped up the Gt with a whopping 15 HP. Really? Give me a freaking break.

2010 Camaro V6 model had 304 HP. 2010 Camaro had around 420 HP. 2011 rolls around and now ALL OF A SUDDEN the Mustang V6 gets 305 hp. ALL OF A SUDDEN THE 5.0 comes out and gets 412 HP. What the F happen for performance gains from 2005 to 2010 yet 2011 models get huge bumps.

I'll tell you what happened. Camaro happened! The truth is we need the Camaro, we need GM and we needed the bailout as enthusiasts. The competition is what keeps us the consumers getting the best performance upgrades. Ford had no real competition during the 2005-10 years and it showed because the Gt and V6 models got ***** for power advancmemts.

The only reason the mustangs are as awesome as they are is because of GM and the Camaro. Had it not been for the rebirth of the Camaro, the 14 mustang would have a 4.6 GT with 330 HP.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:40 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtmoto View Post
Exactly sir....you nailed it....

Dumb one dimensional view. Sorry u feel that way too. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You sir couldn't be more correct and I have said this all along for years. The ONLY reason us mustang enthusiasts have the current and recent past platforms of enhanced performance ( 2011-2015) is because of GM. With that said I think you give Ford way to much credit about enhancing performance had GM not bring back the Camaro.

Let's take a look at the facts. 2005 Gt had 300 HP. 2010 Gt had 315 HP. Let me get this straight. In 5 freaking years Ford bumped up the Gt with a whopping 15 HP. Really? Give me a freaking break.

2010 Camaro V6 model had 304 HP. 2010 Camaro had around 420 HP. 2011 rolls around and now ALL OF A SUDDEN the Mustang V6 gets 305 hp. ALL OF A SUDDEN THE 5.0 comes out and gets 412 HP. What the F happen for performance gains from 2005 to 2010 yet 2011 models get huge bumps.

I'll tell you what happened. Camaro happened! The truth is we need the Camaro, we need GM and we needed the bailout as enthusiasts. The competition is what keeps us the consumers getting the best performance upgrades. Ford had no real competition during the 2005-10 years and it showed because the Gt and V6 models got ***** for power advancmemts.

The only reason the mustangs are as awesome as they are is because of GM and the Camaro. Had it not been for the rebirth of the Camaro, the 14 mustang would have a 4.6 GT with 330 HP.

It's pretty scary how true this seems

RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTheIV View Post
It's pretty scary how true this seems

I agree its interesting but its really the facts. Had GM not bring back the Camaro, we would have still have a 4.6 GT with 330 HP. Truth is, we need GM and the Camaro.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I agree its interesting but its really the facts. Had GM not bring back the Camaro, we would have still have a 4.6 GT with 330 HP. Truth is, we need GM and the Camaro.
I can't believe this is shocking people...I am very thankful this isn't having the opposite influence and making both cars race to some crappy destination they think we want (like how the PPC was ruined by macintosh and dumb people).

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 11-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
That brake argument is so stupid. When the gt350 is available a magazine may take both cars to the nurgurgring and test them, but I doubt it. They will test at Laguna seca or something. That's besides the point. The point is, if you know what car you want, you're going to buy it regardless of retarded lap times. I don't care if the z28 is a whole minute faster around the ring because I WILL NEVER GO THERE!!!! Who keeps feeding this lap time monster?!? That's the most insane measure of a cars capabilities for average consumers. I doubt any of us can push either car to its limits. Some of you guys need to form your own opinions and stop reading spec sheets. I have a 5.0 right now and Ive had a gt500. Both cars are a blast to drive even though one had better specs than the other. You want to me to make a prediction? Here you go. I predict the gt350 will be fun to drive fast or slow, I also predict the z28 will be fun to drive fast or slow. Boom there you go. **** me who cares. Can we move on now? Oh and the gt350 looks and sounds awesome.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
That brake argument is so stupid. When the gt350 is available a magazine may take both cars to the nurgurgring and test them, but I doubt it. They will test at Laguna seca or something. That's besides the point. The point is, if you know what car you want, you're going to buy it regardless of retarded lap times. I don't care if the z28 is a whole minute faster around the ring because I WILL NEVER GO THERE!!!! Who keeps feeding this lap time monster?!? That's the most insane measure of a cars capabilities for average consumers. I doubt any of us can push either car to its limits. Some of you guys need to form your own opinions and stop reading spec sheets. I have a 5.0 right now and Ive had a gt500. Both cars are a blast to drive even though one had better specs than the other. You want to me to make a prediction? Here you go. I predict the gt350 will be fun to drive fast or slow, I also predict the z28 will be fun to drive fast or slow. Boom there you go. **** me who cares. Can we move on now? Oh and the gt350 looks and sounds awesome.

Goose, if Maverick ever heard you say that you're against pushing the machine to the limits and all to the Danger Zone he would eject you out in a heart beat. Lol

Yeah great point of view. Every car that gets produced should just go thru a 30mph, 40mph, and a 60mph daily commute drive. What are we driving Miss Daisy up in here? Lol

0-60mph? Wtf cares? Quarter mile? Fok it. Cornering? I mean who corners faster than like you pushing 0.01g I mean right?

You're in the wrong car buddy. Mustangs are an enthusiasts car. If you can say with a straight face that limit measuring metrics doesn't matter then maybe you should consider a Geo Metro. Hell even a Honda Prius is too high a limit car for your needs. So yeah an old Geo Metro would work lol.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Goose, if Maverick ever heard you say that you're against pushing the machine to the limits and all to the Danger Zone he would eject you out in a heart beat. Lol

Yeah great point of view. Every car that gets produced should just go thru a 30mph, 40mph, and a 60mph daily commute drive. What are we driving Miss Daisy up in here? Lol

0-60mph? Wtf cares? Quarter mile? Fok it. Cornering? I mean who corners faster than like you pushing 0.01g I mean right?

You're in the wrong car buddy. Mustangs are an enthusiasts car. If you can say with a straight face that limit measuring metrics doesn't matter then maybe you should consider a Geo Metro. Hell even a Honda Prius is too high a limit car for your needs. So yeah an old Geo Metro would work lol.

You got me all wrong friend. Im not against pushing a car to its limits. I'm saying no one here (minus very few) will be ABLE to push these cars to the limit. I thought I was very clear. Ive driven my mustangs to the very edge of MY limit but is that the same as the cars? No chance in hell. You're absolutely right, these cars are meant for enthusiasts. Agreed. Is every car guy a track guy? No.
Are 70% of people that buy a mustang taking it to a track regularly. No. 20%? 5%?!?!! I doubt it. People talk about track times like they are pros and its stupid. 99% of the people arguing will never even sit in a z28 hell even the gt350. Give me a break.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

I get what you're saying- in a 50 mph zone, it doesn't matter of you're in a Veyron or a Prius- it's a 50 zone.

And I like the thought of getting a cheap and cheerful car because it can be taken to it's limit daily on public roads without breaking any laws- impossible in an FF, Z28, whatever.

BUT- the higher a cars limits, the higher it can be pushed. YES, a Veyron with a professional driver will smoke my Mustang with me driving- but I bet if I drive that Veyron, I will be faster than my Mustang.

The point is- we don't need to use the full potential. But using 50% of my wheel HP in my Mustang is TWICE the HP of either of my Hondas at the CRANK.

And I love having the 'ring- it is a level playing field for all the cars. Laguna Seca, Glen Watkins, Dunsfold, not every car runs those places. They put their best in the car, take their best lap, and compare it go the next car with the best driver, of their best lap.

So what if I never do it- I know how it compares, in an intense, balanced test of a vehicle.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #81
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I'd love to take the GT350 for a few laps at Laguna Seca, I may bring my car there or to Sonoma Raceway (Infineon) once or twice in 2015.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I'd love to take the GT350 for a few laps at Laguna Seca, I may bring my car there or to Sonoma Raceway (Infineon) once or twice in 2015.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
I'd rather take a '99 kia Rio.

I'd be so worried to wreck it, while the kia I could beat the crap out of, roll it, and not give two craps.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Ford developed the 5.0 and 3.7 for the truck market more than anything else. The market determines what goes on the dealers lot. The 2010 Camaro was a response to the market for the S197. When GM presented a response that took market share from Ford, they scrambled to put the 5.0 and 3.7 into the Mustang. However, the S550 is a bigger response to the Camaro. If the market dictated only the Ecoboost engines were in demand, the 5.0 and 3.7 would be dropped. Technology and regulations force changes. Eventually we may see electric drives as the performance medium.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I can't speak forthe v6 except to say there is no na 3.7 in the trucks and the tt is a complete redo of the v6.

The 5.0 was designed and built to be a Mustang engine FIRST. Ford has neverdone that before in a mass market Mustang.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I can't speak forthe v6 except to say there is no na 3.7 in the trucks and the tt is a complete redo of the v6.

The 5.0 was designed and built to be a Mustang engine FIRST. Ford has neverdone that before in a mass market Mustang.
The 3.7 is the base engine for the F150 and full size Transit. It was developed for heavier rear wheel drive vehicles. It first was put in a Mazda in 08, and then the Lincoln MKZ. The Eco-boost 3.5 is the top gasoline engine offered in both pickups and the Transit. . The fact is that the 5.4 and 4.6 were on dying legs. Ford was developing the 6.8 engine for the trucks, but it would not fit the Mustang, and it was not really suited for the F150. Ford needed a V8 engine that could produce 400 hp to compete with GM, and replace the 4.6. The intent was to develop an engine for the Mustang, but to be successful and get the green light, the engine had to have more market. The urgency behind the engine was the Mustang's need to compete, and they developed an excellent powerhouse. but there is no doubt that the trucks made the final decision possible (along with not having to shut down the existing engine plant).
Old 05-06-2015, 01:59 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

I want one!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:47 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
So whats the PRICE?

I saw a figure yesterday and it said that the GT350 base price will be under 45K. There is also supposed to be a Bullitt and a Mach1 for 2016-17.

One question I do have is, where did SVT go?
BOSS intake, Steeda CAI, SCT livewire TS, A.R. long tubes & 3" X-pipe, Bassani axle back, AMR wheels, Steeda upper&lower control arms, Raxiom Black Projector/HALO headlights, Trufiber hood, CS/BOSS front & rear valence, BOSS splitter, Stainless Braided Clutch Line, TruCarbon CF Grille, MMD Black tail light trim & Trunk Emblem Surround, Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit. Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket, DSS 3.5" Aluminum driveshaft. 417 HP 373 lbsft at wheels and loving it.
BigBry0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBry0311 View Post
I saw a figure yesterday and it said that the GT350 base price will be under 45K. There is also supposed to be a Bullitt and a Mach1 for 2016-17.

One question I do have is, where did SVT go?
Pricing has been released in a leak. GT350 starts at 47K.

SVT, Ford Racing, and RS, have been grouped into one. Called Ford Performance.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:13 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

I will be seeing the GT350 in action tomorrow. Ford will have it out on the track at Hallett for the Mid-America Ford and Shelby meet this week.

Update: There are three GT350s at Hallett and the 2015 Super Snake.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:25 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Last night they had four GT350s at the conference center and the Shelby SuperSnake. The blue on white GT350 stayed on display. The yellow, red, and black GT350s led the well over 100 hundred Mustangs and Fords to the Brady District where they occupied over five blocks.

Today we got to watch those Gt350s on the track. They were fantastic and could have blown away most of the competition, but you could tell they were not pushing the cars.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:20 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Cool

Beastly................
Old 08-10-2015, 08:59 PM   #92

Shelby gt350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Nice to see Ford finally catch up with everyone else in the handling department by using magnetic suspension. However, no carbon ceramic brakes means this car will still be slower than the Z28 on a track.
It's nice to know that you know everything About mustangs. I wish I asked you everything before I placed my order on my 2016 Shelby gt350. I tried my hardest to find a gt350R but no one in my area or anyone else in a 100 miles radius was getting one. So I was lucky enough to win the lottery at the local ford dealer to get my hands on the only Shelby in my area out of 21 dreamers. I'm very very happy I was the lucky one. But to my original reason to writing this is. This Shelby will blow the doors off any camaro that is or produced today or prior to today. Those carbon fiber brakes you mention are nothing compared to the carbon fiber wheels that are fitted to the gt350r. Also it's reported that the Shelby is faster then the z28 around the track. Good luck with your insults on a ford site and you'll be better off on that gm site.
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:08 PM   #93
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 - Official

What color did you get your Voodoo in?

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Amen to that. Apparently it's as fast as a GT3 around a track

Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:01 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
What color did you get your Voodoo in?

Pick your poison.
Magnetic with black stripes. Track pack.
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #96

Region: South Carolina
2016 GT350

Well I missed out on the Roush warrior edition that I was hoping to to purchase. I was extremely disappointed until the salesman told me that one of his customers just backed out of a 2016 GT350!! I currently have my fingers crossed that he can make this deal happen before I return stateside. It will sell for roughly $500 below MSRP which I heard it has been difficult to get any deals on them stateside? Black with the track package which includes the magnetic dampening. No other options included. That engine is quite a piece of engineering!!

$46,600 base vehicle
$6337.50 for track package
$900 freight
-$500 military credit
chief135smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:25 PM   #97

Anyone know if you are able to get the electronics, rear seat, all the things that make a car a "normal" car and put it on the GT350R? I know it might defeat the purpose of the R version but I'm just curious. I saw on Ford you could put electronics back in, but what about rear seats and stuff?
RedMustang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:30 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Rear seats probably not. Electronics are really the only thing.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:56 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I just can't stop but bask at the awesome sound the 2016 Ford Shelby Mustang is producing!
2016 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350 is Here Best Sounding V8 Engine That Will Hypnotize You!!! - NO Car NO Fun! Muscle Cars and Power Cars! |
peter123wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:57 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Wow, holy dead thread revival.

Well, since this was revived let's actually update it with the new information.

2017 GT350 Ordering Information:

3 new colors:
Lightning blue - this is the preview color for the Ford GT and the performance car line up.
Grabber blue - everyone knows what this is
Ruby Red metallic - ditto

Deleted colors: Competition Orange and Deep Impact Blue
Too bad they didn't delete Avalanche Grey. I can see deleting DIB as they now have 2 new blues. But I kind of think they should have kept the orange.

Standard features will now include:
Oil, transmission & diff coolers - People with Tech Pack cars were upset that they didn't get the coolers.
Magnetic ride - so few cars were ordered as the base $49k car, as the real reason the GT350 handles so well is the magneride shocks. It was a dumbing down / cheapening of the model to provide it with out them.
Spoiler - raised decklid spoiler standard
Aluminum tower brace

Packages:
Electronics package - SYNC 3, Nav, 9 speakers
Convenience package - Electronics package + electric leather seats

Dealers are already putting in their orders now.

A lot of 2016 model year owners are selling their cars, b/c they wanted the track pack (now standard) and Tech pack but it wasn't available, and is now for 2017.

2015 are the rare collectibles.

2016 was the "catch up with demand" and just take what you could get, but then a lot of people aren't happy with the limited options and are already or will be selling.

2017 will be the keepers, that you can actually customize and get what you want. Notice the glut of 2016 GT350's at dealers now and on ebay that aren't moving. In 3 months, you'll be able to buy a 2016 at a bargain.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Has anyone seen a chassis # over 5000 ?
Or an R chassis over 500 (I highly doubt this)

I've seen 4,700, 4,800's and a 4,900 for the 350's.

I'm trying to figure out, if they stopped exactly at 5,000 or what ?

I've seen a couple of 2017 GT350 VIN #'s & STICKERS online, I'm guessing they've switched over the production line to 2017. There seems to be a little bit of a glut of 2016's since so many dealers kept their prices at $10-20k for too long, and didn't follow the market down as it went from $20k for EARLY adopters to $15k to $10k, to now $5k or less if you want sell the car.

One dealer in particular actually offered me the car for $2k under MSRP, b/c they knew I had the cash and was interested. Unfortunately, FOR THEM, I've decide to wait until I can get a 2017 car exactly how I want it with track pack & navigation. If they had made me that offer a few months ago I would have taken it or even MSRP.

Examples: #4786 & #4906 below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4786.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	202412   Click image for larger version

Name:	4906.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	202413  

Old 06-26-2016, 06:39 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread before....

Looks like they've exceeded the rumor of 5,000 units:

The chassis #'s are 4 digits for GT350's, so technically they could make 9999, and 3 digits for the R's, so they could make 999. IF they wanted to.

The good news if you want a 2017, most of the dealers I've talked to just want to move them, they're not looking for big marks ups or to have them sit in their showrooms for months. The cars aren't a "new model" any more. The ($60k Mustang) market is pretty well saturated with them already. Many people once you get to >= $60k start shopping for other cars, like Vettes, Caymans or Boxsters, etc.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

#5505 for sale on ebay: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 | eBay

Guess its not a an even 5,500 GT350's & 500 GT350R's

Post in here if you see chassis #'s over G5505 or
over GR500
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5505.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	202939  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang