2016 Shelby GT500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seebz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lower Moreland Township
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 99
2016 Shelby GT500

I'm at work and I'm super busy and don't have time to read through articles but I heard a rumor that they are bringing back the GT500 for the 2016 lineup. Could anyone possibly help me out with these rumors and tell me if they are true or not?

Kinda bummed because I thought my 2014 would be the last GT500 model year for a while
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hackettstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 719
The big dog, ( not really that big ), for the 2016 MY is the GT350.
.
The rumor mill is making noise about a possible 2017 GT500.
.
.
__________________

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
.
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seebz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lower Moreland Township
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
The big dog, ( not really that big ), for the 2016 MY is the GT350.
.
The rumor mill is making noise about a possible 2017 GT500.
.
.
Idk why they wouldn't bring back the Cobra. I mean the body style seems similar in size to the 03 04 bodies so why not bring back the SVT Cobra instead.

I feel the market is already diluted with to many GT500s. Doesn't really feel exclusive anymore. Now the 03 04 Cobras are an exclusive bunch
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,608
There are a lot of GT500s but it seems like there are less 07-09s and if you legit want a collector GT500 you get the 2008 GT500KR. That's an actualy Shelby vin numbered car. 03/04 Cobras are definitely rarer but its hard... haaaaaaaaaarrrdd... to justify the prices they still command. As powerful as they are with a few bolt ons, they need blower swaps, trans needs to come out for a 26 spline and the rear needs swapped to a built SRA or do about $1500-$2k of work to the IRS to make it serviceable.

IMO they will release a GT500 in a mid model run refresh and not sure what they'll be planning. I'd love to see them finally adapt the Raptor engine to a Mustang and boost the living **** out of it. Also have an 8 speed automatic option because the GT500 has always been about being a straight line bruiser and that's where the auto shines.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seebz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lower Moreland Township
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
There are a lot of GT500s but it seems like there are less 07-09s and if you legit want a collector GT500 you get the 2008 GT500KR. That's an actualy Shelby vin numbered car. 03/04 Cobras are definitely rarer but its hard... haaaaaaaaaarrrdd... to justify the prices they still command. As powerful as they are with a few bolt ons, they need blower swaps, trans needs to come out for a 26 spline and the rear needs swapped to a built SRA or do about $1500-$2k of work to the IRS to make it serviceable.

IMO they will release a GT500 in a mid model run refresh and not sure what they'll be planning. I'd love to see them finally adapt the Raptor engine to a Mustang and boost the living **** out of it. Also have an 8 speed automatic option because the GT500 has always been about being a straight line bruiser and that's where the auto shines.

Yea you're right about the Cobras. I can't find a decent one with low miles that aren't marked about 6,000 more than they should be. The seller always tries to justify by saying it has all these bolt ons. He is only justifying that he probably beat the hell out of it then lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,608
You have to know where to look and also wait it out. People list these cars for that $6k over their value and very often find out how tough the market is. Most people (rightly so) would rather have a 11-14 Coyote for the same or less than people want for their Terminators not to mention the 07+ GT500s are dropping into the mid-$20k price range now too and are a much better car for the money.


If you can find a clean sub 30k mile Termi for the $18k range or so, that is a good price and even then... I've seen 20k mile Coyotes for $20k flat. There is a white M6 in Florida on SVTP for that and a black A6 in WV with 20" Shelby wheels/tires for $22,500 that I'm sure one could get for $20k with the stock wheels. Both cars have around 20k miles.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
One thing I've noticed when looking for 03-04 cobras is that many of the people who own them don't DD them and have them as secondary pleasure cars similar to people who buy Corvettes. So I've noticed when looking at these types of cars a lot of them are listed at premium prices and the owners really dont care if they sell. But if they can sell them at a premium they will. Not to say there are not people who ask market value for but it seems like a lot of people will say "Well the book value is 18 but it has low miles and X amount of mods so thats why I want 25 for it".
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,608
And you just wait and wait and wait it out. You'll start seeing ppl drop the price down into a better range if they really want to sell it. If they don't... it won't sell and don't overpay for one unless it is something specific that you want like a Mystichrome or Competition Orange one. Those seem to fetch the highest prices.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
Ford owns the rights to the Shelby GT350 and G500 names. However, they allow Shelby to manufacture models not being produced by Ford. Ford was manufacturing GT500s for the S197chassis, so Shelby was making Shelby GT and Shelby GT350 conversions. When Ford announced they would be making a GT350, Shelby discontinued offering that model and is now making Shelby GTs. Until Ford announces they will produce a GT500, Shelby probably will. And Ford usually builds only one model anyway. There is more interest in a revival of other names with the new chassis. Expect new Mach 1 and Bullitt editions to be the first offerings.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seebz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lower Moreland Township
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
Ford owns the rights to the Shelby GT350 and G500 names. However, they allow Shelby to manufacture models not being produced by Ford. Ford was manufacturing GT500s for the S197chassis, so Shelby was making Shelby GT and Shelby GT350 conversions. When Ford announced they would be making a GT350, Shelby discontinued offering that model and is now making Shelby GTs. Until Ford announces they will produce a GT500, Shelby probably will. And Ford usually builds only one model anyway. There is more interest in a revival of other names with the new chassis. Expect new Mach 1 and Bullitt editions to be the first offerings.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Mach 1 return. I was looking at blue 2003 and 04s but to many miles.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,608
The Mach is supposed to be coming back actually. With as good as the GT is though... Wonder what it will be. If its just appearance and a few little things that will suck. A GT500 version would either be an updated Trinity or maybe even the 6.2 finally with a blower.

If Ford does it right, they will do the GT500 with north of 700whp and the option of a Magnum XL or the rumored 8-10 SPD auto.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The Mach is supposed to be coming back actually. With as good as the GT is though... Wonder what it will be. If its just appearance and a few little things that will suck. A GT500 version would either be an updated Trinity or maybe even the 6.2 finally with a blower.

If Ford does it right, they will do the GT500 with north of 700whp and the option of a Magnum XL or the rumored 8-10 SPD auto.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My bet is the GT500 will have an "ecoboost" 5.2L Voodoo.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
Since Shelby will be building the next GT500, expect a blown 5.0. I would rather a turbo over a SC, but it will depend on what works best for Shelby. Since with the Mach 1 and Bullitt versions, Ford would find it hard to increase the HP, the models may have to find other enhancements. They may be the first models to get the full aluminum body treatment. Or special suspension. They could get the GT350 magnetic suspension, or something similar. Definitely there will be cosmetic components that are exclusive to the special versions.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seebz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lower Moreland Township
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
Since Shelby will be building the next GT500, expect a blown 5.0. I would rather a turbo over a SC, but it will depend on what works best for Shelby. Since with the Mach 1 and Bullitt versions, Ford would find it hard to increase the HP, the models may have to find other enhancements. They may be the first models to get the full aluminum body treatment. Or special suspension. They could get the GT350 magnetic suspension, or something similar. Definitely there will be cosmetic components that are exclusive to the special versions.

Think they'll come close to replicating 662 hp or can I sit comfortable with the fastest factory mustang made lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebz13 View Post
Think they'll come close to replicating 662 hp or can I sit comfortable with the fastest factory mustang made lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Don't worry it'll definitely have much more power than the 13/14
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:58 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Don't worry it'll definitely have much more power than the 13/14

I don't know, the 15's were supposed to be lots lighter and have a good amount oh HP increase.
Hopefully you're right.


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:00 AM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
I don't know, the 15's were supposed to be lots lighter and have a good amount oh HP increase.
Hopefully you're right.


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
The RTR is going to have 750, i'm sure Ford won't let the GT500 have less than it. The GT500 has always had the most power out of everything else produced. And now there is another motor in play, the 5.2 voodoo. Hard to say which direction they will go. But i'm sure it'll be in the 700s at minimum.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
2016 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
I don't know, the 15's were supposed to be lots lighter and have a good amount oh HP increase.
Hopefully you're right.


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

The 2015s are exactly what they were supposed to be. Rumors and bull**** and gossip got everyone thinking the new S550 would lose 500lbs and gain 40hp all while adding technology, heavier brakes, heavier suspension, and better safety. People got their hopes up for something tht isn't really that feasible at a starting price under $40k for a car of that amount of production


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Don't get me wrong I bought into the hype too but it just wasn't gona happen. At least not for the very first production run of the new chassis. I don't expect the camaro to do all the things everyone is expecting it to either.
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
The 2015s are exactly what they were supposed to be. Rumors and bull**** and gossip got everyone thinking the new S550 would lose 500lbs and gain 40hp all while adding technology, heavier brakes, heavier suspension, and better safety. People got their hopes up for something tht isn't really that feasible at a starting price under $40k for a car of that amount of production


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Don't get me wrong I bought into the hype too but it just wasn't gona happen. At least not for the very first production run of the new chassis. I don't expect the camaro to do all the things everyone is expecting it to either.
I think everyone knew it was going to be heavier with the IRS and all the tech and safety stuff that has to be on it. That's why I'm not holding my breath for the LT1 Alpha Camaro but that platform is at least releasing on the Caddies before it hits the Camaro so we'll get a first look there. I'm not kidding if the LT1 Camaro is all its cracked up to be and is comparable to a Mustang GT in price... I may buy new. I doubt it'll be base Mustang GT price point tho.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
I guess if you chose the right rumors and which leaked info to believe, then it's exactly as promised. But I understand the design process.



Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:40 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
Ford will not have a GT500 on the market for at least two years, but a Shelby built 2015 GT has been seen on a BF Goodrich photo shoot. Remember, the ones built by Shelby are like the Roush models in that you buy a Mustang and ship it to them for modification. Just cosmetic changes will start at $15,000 over the car price. The old GT500 used to be made in a shop next to the factory where they also installed all the various stripes and decals offered.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:54 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
BTW, for those with a 2013-14 GT500, Shelby will take them even further. You can get a Super Snake with 850 HP for $41,500+ over the GT500 cost, or the Shelby 1000 (1000 HP) for around $150,000 above the stock GT500 cost. And that is without options. All that for a car that is almost impossible to control on the street.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,608
Nah, there are ppl who drive 800-1000whp cars on the street. Just takes the right setup and a driver who actually understands "oh crap if I blip the gas wrong my car is going to wind up in that' dude's living room".
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
The GT1000 is actually very tame on the street.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Shelby America is the same as hennessey. Verry tame tunes.More for reliability vs all out performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
There are several GT500s, Stage 3 Roushs, etc. in my club. Rarely do they come out in bad weather. One of the members is a racer and instructor at the area road course. He recently did track time in several super cars, including Ferraris, Aston Martin, Lambo, and Bugatti. So it is not a bunch of fogeys or amateurs. But doing a casual drive is hard in any vehicle with that much power. Any lapse of concentration can spell trouble.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
abram2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Plainview
Region: New York
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
There are several GT500s, Stage 3 Roushs, etc. in my club. Rarely do they come out in bad weather. One of the members is a racer and instructor at the area road course. He recently did track time in several super cars, including Ferraris, Aston Martin, Lambo, and Bugatti. So it is not a bunch of fogeys or amateurs. But doing a casual drive is hard in any vehicle with that much power. Any lapse of concentration can spell trouble.
as Peter Parker's uncle one said, "with great power comes great responsibility"
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seebz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lower Moreland Township
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
There are several GT500s, Stage 3 Roushs, etc. in my club. Rarely do they come out in bad weather. One of the members is a racer and instructor at the area road course. He recently did track time in several super cars, including Ferraris, Aston Martin, Lambo, and Bugatti. So it is not a bunch of fogeys or amateurs. But doing a casual drive is hard in any vehicle with that much power. Any lapse of concentration can spell trouble.
It's funny that you mentioned that because I just saw a YouTube video of the first Hellcat getting totaled. "Apparently" lost control but the damage caused was deemed to be done by reckless driving at high speeds. Needless to say I think he is being charged with wreckless driving. It's a shame that such amazing powerful cars fall into the hands of idiots that total them.

I can't tell you how many Civics, BMWs, Subaru's etc... always try to rev and race me at a light. I always laugh at them and give them the small d**k sign. One slip and you could hurt or kill an innocent pedestrian and ruin a lot of lives.

End of Rant guys
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Heck, you can get into a lot of trouble with the GT. 420HP is more than enough to get in trouble. I just paid about $340 in tickets.

Don't even get me started on ice... oh sh*t. I hate black ice.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:32 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
c_rizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If Ford does it right, they will do the GT500 with north of 700whp and the option of a Magnum XL or the rumored 8-10 SPD auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
My bet is the GT500 will have an "ecoboost" 5.2L Voodoo.
The 2017 Ford GT will have a 600+ hp ecoboost with 10 speed auto.
The 2017 Raptor will also have a high hp ecoboost with 10 speed auto.

Next step.... GT350 will get the 10 speed auto.

I spoke to someone "in the know" the other day about ordering a 2017 GT350, and he confirmed all of the rumors: 3 new colors and that the track pack was standard. He also said the 10 speed auto was coming soon. He did not confirm that it was coming for the 2017 GT350 though, but I THINK that's what he was hinting at.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:41 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seebz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lower Moreland Township
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
The 2017 Ford GT will have a 600+ hp ecoboost with 10 speed auto.
The 2017 Raptor will also have a high hp ecoboost with 10 speed auto.

Next step.... GT350 will get the 10 speed auto.

I spoke to someone "in the know" the other day about ordering a 2017 GT350, and he confirmed all of the rumors: 3 new colors and that the track pack was standard. He also said the 10 speed auto was coming soon. He did not confirm that it was coming for the 2017 GT350 though, but I THINK that's what he was hinting at.
That's good news and I'm guessing Grabber Blue is one of the 3 new colors coming back? It's the only color I'd consider trading my GT500 in for since I missed out on Grabber Blue for the 14 GT500.
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
c_rizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,008
2017 GT350 Ordering Information:



3 new colors:
Lightning blue - this is the preview color for the Ford GT and the performance car line up.
Grabber blue - everyone knows what this is
Ruby Red metallic - ditto

Deleted colors: Competition Orange and Deep Impact Blue
Too bad they didn't delete Avalanche Grey. I can see deleting DIB as they now have 2 new blues. But I kind of think they should have kept the orange.

Standard features will now include:
Oil, transmission & diff coolers - People with Tech Pack cars were upset that they didn't get the coolers.
Magnetic ride - so few cars were ordered as the base $49k car, as the real reason the GT350 handles so well is the magneride shocks. It was a dumbing down / cheapening of the model to provide it with out them.
Spoiler - raised decklid spoiler standard
Aluminum tower brace

Packages:
Electronics package - SYNC 3, Nav, 9 speakers
Convenience package - Electronics package + electric leather seats





Dealers are already putting in their orders now.

A lot of 2016 model year owners are selling their cars, b/c they wanted the track pack (now standard) and Tech pack but it wasn't available, and is now for 2017.

2015 are the rare collectibles.

2016 was the "catch up with demand" and just take what you could get, but then a lot of people aren't happy with the limited options and are already or will be selling.

2017 will be the keepers, that you can actually customize and get what you want. Notice the glut of 2016 GT350's at dealers now and on ebay that aren't moving. In 3 months, you'll be able to buy a 2016 at a bargain.

Rumor Mill: 10-speed automatic from the Raptor will be coming soon.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:21 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seebz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lower Moreland Township
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 99
It's going to be hard to part ways with my GT500 but I love Grabber Blue so much and the GT350's are beautiful and it's the subtle things I like like the plastic rail splitters I had to add them to my GT500 because the painted rocker panels were taking a beating!

I'm so mad they are getting rid of Comp Orange but I get it though, it's a special color that only comes around so often for Ford. I'm still in the market for a Comp Orange 04 Cobra and would trade my Truck in in a heart beat if I found one and just buy a beater car as a DD. So i'm right there with keeping Comp Orange.

The 10 speed auto I'm indifferent about because I'm a manual transmission guy but this is huge as a whole for fuel efficiency and encourages all different types of transmission enthusiasts to own this beauty

The problem now will be the dealer mark ups haha. I remember I had to wait for left overs to buy it at MSRP and not 12K over
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
c_rizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,008
I thought you'd have been all over the Ruby Red.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seebz13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lower Moreland Township
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
I thought you'd have been all over the Ruby Red.
I do love Ruby Red but I'd like to own a couple different colors throughout my life and I used to have a Grabber Blue GT and loved that color.
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 - Official mark0006 Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang 102 06-29-2016 08:22 AM
2016 Shelby GT350 Soccerluvr4 Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang 51 12-03-2014 04:12 PM
2016 Shelby GT 350 samuelsmith General Mustang Discussion 1 07-19-2014 11:55 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:45 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.