What next after Camaro release? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Battlement
Region: Colorado
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Goose, you got it backwards there buddy.


Adventure till you drop
Educate me then chief
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #72
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
We don't hate, we are realistic. Chevy is the one throwing punches Ford is the one always catching up
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
^ and I love all the mustang haters on a mustang site.
Don't hate them. I have had plenty. And still have my coyote

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #74
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
^ and I love all the mustang haters on a mustang site.

No hating. Just not being closed minded. It's not very secret that the 4th gen Camaros destroyed all 2010 and older Mustangs, except for the Terminator, that one was the exception that had a good rivalry. The 2011-2014s had a good shot because that's when the Camaro became way too bloated.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:12 PM   #75
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Educate me then chief

Look at the last 20 years who was playing catch up? Ford. Now that they've finally caught up with chevy. Chevy is getting ready to leave them again.


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
What's next? Ford will bring out the big guns and slap Chevy down like they have done OVER AND OVER. Ford has more money and more expirience (Ford Racing, SVT)

Regardless of what anyone says..... Nothing can touch the cobra jet in a straight line(off the floor) and ford was dominating the tracks in the freaking 60s. They haven't forgot what they learned from the lamans races(decades ago) They are hanging a huge left hook to knock Chevy on there asses....again.

My point is they have the knowledge to do crazy stuff before any of the non mustang fans say something like "apples to apples man"
You do realize it took Ford until 2011 to make a GT that could compete with a 93 Z/28? Right now the Camaro and Mustang are pretty even but between 93-02 from a performance standpoint Chevy outperformed Fords 4.6 with the LT1/ LS1 engines hands down as in it wasn't even a race.


Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
"Mustang sales are going to tank"

Okay. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept, most people do not care about track times and 1/4 mile times. The average person buys a mustang because they like it.
^Exactly, perfect example is the 4th gen F bodies. Ford sold more mustangs between 98-02 but the F bodies were a faster and a better all already performance car without a question.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Battlement
Region: Colorado
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
We don't hate, we are realistic. Chevy is the one throwing punches Ford is the one always catching up
Yeah I love the 2003-2009 Camaros.....
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:18 PM   #78
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Chevy has been playing catchup since 2010.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #79
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Chevy has been playing catchup since 2010.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
How so?
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Battlement
Region: Colorado
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
You do realize it took Ford until 2011 to make a GT that could compete with a 93 Z/28? Right now the Camaro and Mustang are pretty even but between 93-02 from a performance standpoint Chevy outperformed Fords 4.6 with the LT1/ LS1 engines hands down as in it wasn't even a race.




^Exactly, perfect example is the 4th gen F bodies. Ford sold more mustangs between 98-02 but the F bodies were a faster and a better all already performance car without a question.
And you realize Chevy discontinued the Camaro for a couple years AND had to take a bailout just to keep the doors open.

And I'm not closed minded I really enjoy the rivalry of the two brands. I just believe in loyalty. It's like being married. I love my wife and you can't convince me there is anything better out there..... Cough cough maybe Adriana Lima.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:30 PM   #81
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Difference between loyalty and ignorance to improvement
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
When Chevy thinks they have ford down and out. The Bam!! Ford is gonna come out with the Mach 1 and cobra. Then Chevy will be where it always is "last place"


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:32 PM   #83
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
I would love to see a new mach
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
When Chevy thinks they have ford down and out. The Bam!! Ford is gonna come out with the Mach 1 and cobra. Then Chevy will be where it always is "last place"


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Well as the ls1 camaro and ws6's with a cam and exhaust, ran circles around the 03-04 cobras with pulley and a tune. Ford really only had the upper hand in 11-12.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #85
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Definetly respond better to mods
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Battlement
Region: Colorado
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Difference between loyalty and ignorance to improvement
True, one can be loyal and ignorant at the same time. No argument there. But you're calling me ignorant? Think again sport.

Please sell your beautiful white mustang so you no longer feel the need to post on a mustang forum.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #87
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
Pretty sure he'll still be here even if he got rid of it.


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #88
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
True, one can be loyal and ignorant at the same time. No argument there. But you're calling me ignorant? Think again sport.

Please sell your beautiful white mustang so you no longer feel the need to post on a mustang forum.
I didn't call you ignorant. And why do people always think the word ignorant is an insult? I don't understand.

I love my mustang and always have. I just know the new Camaro one upped the mustang.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:51 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Cars are becoming to expensive


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #90
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Well 400+ go and solid fuel economy is not going to be cheap
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:01 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
It's just sickening.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #92
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I didn't call you ignorant. And why do people always think the word ignorant is an insult? I don't understand.

I love my mustang and always have. I just know the new Camaro one upped the mustang.
Exactly. Ignorant just means you don't understand. Not like you were calling him arrogant.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Like I said b4 all the ford nutswingers are going to be I for a big suprise, when the new SS comes out. Basic bolton 5.0's are going to be beat.

We had it for 11-12 lol.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
The nutswingers are all over facebook
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:19 PM   #94
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
^ that's unfortunate I guess...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:45 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
It's just sickening.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:45 PM   #96
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Well as the ls1 camaro and ws6's with a cam and exhaust, ran circles around the 03-04 cobras with pulley and a tune. Ford really only had the upper hand in 11-12.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Agree

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
iguanaman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bokeelia
Region: Florida
Posts: 326
Chevy just released pic of the new Camaro. It is within 2 inches in every dimension to the old one. It looks like they copied a lot from the 2015 Mustang, especially the sides. The roofline is fugly.

GM reveals all-new Camaro - May. 16, 2015
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
What next after Camaro release?

They need to work on that front end

And the ugly interior dashboard

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
I know the transmission is sitting underneath the center console but they should give the option to have an open floor like the classics did. Think it'd be a cool change and similar metal T shifter


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:08 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
And you realize Chevy discontinued the Camaro for a couple years AND had to take a bailout just to keep the doors open.



And I'm not closed minded I really enjoy the rivalry of the two brands. I just believe in loyalty. It's like being married. I love my wife and you can't convince me there is anything better out there..... Cough cough maybe Adriana Lima.

Take a minute to read what I wrote. Having a popular car that sells and a car that has outstanding performance don't always go hand in hand.

What I stated was facts. Sure ford sold more mustangs between 93-02 then gm sold camaros. You can look up sales numbers and prove it. That just means that the mustang was more popular.

Take any year between 93-02 Camaro and line it up next to a mustang gt and the Camaro will beat it in any performance test you want to throw at it. That is also a fact.

This is what separates car enthusiasts from mustang enthusiasts. I go where the performance is plan and simple. If Honda made a car that performed I would drive it. My original comment was just indicating performance not sales numbers or bringing in politics of "oh they got bailed out". Line the 2 cars up and see who wins. I remember my 01 z/28 would go 13.2s in the quarter mile stock and my buddies 04 mustang gt was running mid 14s all day.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Battlement
Region: Colorado
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Take a minute to read what I wrote. Having a popular car that sells and a car that has outstanding performance don't always go hand in hand.

What I stated was facts. Sure ford sold more mustangs between 93-02 then gm sold camaros. You can look up sales numbers and prove it. That just means that the mustang was more popular.

Take any year between 93-02 Camaro and line it up next to a mustang gt and the Camaro will beat it in any performance test you want to throw at it. That is also a fact.

This is what separates car enthusiasts from mustang enthusiasts. I go where the performance is plan and simple. If Honda made a car that performed I would drive it. My original comment was just indicating performance not sales numbers or bringing in politics of "oh they got bailed out". Line the 2 cars up and see who wins. I remember my 01 z/28 would go 13.2s in the quarter mile stock and my buddies 04 mustang gt was running mid 14s all day.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Take any 05 mustang and I guarantee it will beat any 05 Camaro. Now see how dumb that comparison is? People buy cars for looks, sounds, comfort, and legacy. My first car was a 66 inline 6. No performance at all. I've owned 6 mustangs. But I've also owned toyotas and Hondas. I love the freakin GTRs. Excuse me if I don't jump on the Camaro band wagon because it's .2 seconds faster or because it's better around a pro track I'll never drive on.

I know guys that won't touch a Chevy simply because they were bailed out. Die hard Chevy fans rather buy a Toyota because Chevy hit the floor. You're absolutely right though, the older Camaros were faster than the older Mustangs but which car survived the entire time? Cars need to sell to be relevant. The company behind the car is also important. Ford kept going when other big big companies stuck their hands out. I'd rather give my money to that company.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #102
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Take any 05 mustang and I guarantee it will beat any 05 Camaro. Now see how dumb that comparison is? People buy cars for looks, sounds, comfort, and legacy. My first car was a 66 inline 6. No performance at all. I've owned 6 mustangs. But I've also owned toyotas and Hondas. I love the freakin GTRs. Excuse me if I don't jump on the Camaro band wagon because it's .2 seconds faster or because it's better around a pro track I'll never drive on.

I know guys that won't touch a Chevy simply because they were bailed out. Die hard Chevy fans rather buy a Toyota because Chevy hit the floor. You're absolutely right though, the older Camaros were faster than the older Mustangs but which car survived the entire time? Cars need to sell to be relevant. The company behind the car is also important. Ford kept going when other big big companies stuck their hands out. I'd rather give my money to that company.
Don't forget the massive loss the taxpayers absorbed when the bailouts were just forgiven/sold off at massive loss. And GM had the goddamn nerve to run commercials saying how they paid back every cent...

Hell MANY "imports" are built here in the USA by Americans putting money into American pockets. Conversely there are a lot of "domestics" built in Mexico and Canada.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #103
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
You guys are hilarious...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
And you realize Chevy discontinued the Camaro for a couple years AND had to take a bailout just to keep the doors open.
Ford was lucky enough to sell Aston Martin, Jaguar, Volvo and dump shares of Mazda at the absolute perfect time, if that wouldn't have happened, Ford would have been on the same level as GM and Chrysler.

Ford also took a bailout. $5.9 billion dollars to be exact. That money was used to shut down plants and re-tool existing factories. Ford's CEO was sitting shoulder to shoulder with GM and Chrysler execs begging for more money.

Ford was bleeding money, badly... billions per year.

The $5.9 billion also doesn't include the $15.9 billion government loan to Ford Motor Credit Company.

Ford, BMW, Toyota Took Secret Government Money

Automakers' Report Card: Who Still Owes Taxpayers Money? The Answer Might Surprise You

Regardless, the government lost around $10 billion on the GM bailout... However, the government was able to keep over 1.2 million workers employed. Those workers weren't all GM employees either. The ripple effect from that would have put a massive dent in the US economy.

Also, don't forget that Ford nearly died in the 80's. The government was forced to change safety recalls for fear of killing off Ford.




One last thing, since the 80's, the Camaro has been a higher performing car than the Mustang. The 3rd gen Fbody beat on the Fox platform pretty bad, especially in handling. In 92, the 4th gen Fbody (model year 93) absolutely dominated the Mustang. So much that even the 2005-2010 Mustang GT had a hard time beating a car built in 1992.

That, is simply pathetic.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:56 PM   #105
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,507
^ Well this thread was fun while it lasted. It's unfortunate it had some potential. Well all things must come to an end, I guess...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket parts prices go down after release of 2015? curiusgeorge The Bar 9 09-10-2013 04:36 AM
10-14 before and after pics after mods gtstyles2 Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 16 08-27-2013 03:45 PM
On off switch next to my hood release? Pola25 2005-2010 Mustang GT 10 12-27-2011 02:35 PM
Truck will be forsale next spring. What to get next? sonic04edge The Bar 28 09-26-2006 08:45 PM
Communist editor shot after release!!!!! Danger Dude The Bar 3 03-05-2005 04:37 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:57 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.