S550 Holding its own - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:11 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
Not trolling here, I own a 2016 GT PP manual and very satisfied with it as it is, except cat backs and a tune once it's broken in. Just to add, I have been around long enough and street raced cars and motorcycles and have found that any vehicles that are close in power and handling will be won by the better driver in a fair race. So, my point is that the Camaro SS will lose a few to the GT and that is because the SS is only better by a small margin and many people that responded have added their own agenda to the thread to make their arguments viable. I expected this thread to be more light hearted than it was. But Hell, maybe I will have the good fortune to run into one of you guys at a streetlight in your new Camaro for a quick run and see where that goes.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
I bet the performance pack handles great. How often will you be track racing that bad boy? Will you be racing 30 minute track races?

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha! They ignore the technology advances in the s550 and Go ape**** over a Cadillac/corvette merger because it's faster. Crazy ****. Just for the record, I have owned more GM's than Fords so not biased.

Speaking of GM I saw this yesterday at the auto show and good lord, that's just bad ***. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and a Cadillac. Same engine as the Z06, beautiful looking. I would buy one in heartbeat if I had that kind of money to spend on a car. Love this color!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1454516060842.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	196569   Click image for larger version

Name:	1454516082056.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	196570  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1454516094690.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	196571  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I bet the performance pack handles great. How often will you be track racing that bad boy? Will you be racing 30 minute track races?

I don't think it's much of a racer but would like to try out slalom just for the fun of it.

MarkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2016, 11:37 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't think it's much of a racer but would like to try out slalom just for the fun of it.

Wait, not a racer? You got the 2016 GT PP, correct?. That's the track pac just Ford changed the name to performance pack. Its a track race Gt model.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I love the Mustang, always have. That being said, the S550 does not even come close to competing to the new SS in performance. FatCat, Scatpack, and now the SS pushing the bar. This should force Ford to up their game. IMO, the S550 failed with the weight gain.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byock View Post
I love the Mustang, always have. That being said, the S550 does not even come close to competing to the new SS in performance. FatCat, Scatpack, and now the SS pushing the bar. This should force Ford to up their game. IMO, the S550 failed with the weight gain.
Yeah but OP doesn't want to hear it. Thinks the S550 beats the LT1 Camaro in some areas. Nope, not performance wise no.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wait, not a racer? You got the 2016 GT PP, correct?. That's the track pac just Ford changed the name to performance pack. Its a track race Gt model.

That's correct, but I didn't buy it to race it. Stop giving me bad ideas 😅

Old 02-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yeah but OP doesn't want to hear it. Thinks the S550 beats the LT1 Camaro in some areas. Nope, not performance wise no.

You can stop anytime. I said that they are close enough that there will be some wins for the GT.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
You can stop anytime. I said that they are close enough that there will be some wins for the GT.

Such as? We are talking performance here.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
What he is saying is if the mustang gets a head start and the camaro misses a shift the mustang could win here and there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2016, 12:12 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Nah ford dropped the ball. It's good to defend your current car and whatnot, but let's be real. Ford has dropped back down AGAIN

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
I sold my 14 TrakPak last year and bought an 16 ATS-V. My Mustang was a great car and was just becoming a "Garage Queen" and I already have some of those....I got a chance to drive an ATS-V at a BMW track day and can tell you that it's a baby Corvette with 4 doors and the Mag Ride is just out of this world. The CTS-V is basically a Corvette with 4 doors and also $25/30k more than mine which puts it in the same price bracket as a 16 Corvette and almost 500lbs heavier...
Don't get me wrong, I still have the 03 Terminator and at least for me it's more fun to drive than my 14 TrakPak.........so is the ATS-V.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:34 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hypothetically speaking, we are track racing and your driving skills are no where as good as your Internet posting skills, and well you really are not a good driver but you have an SS. Me, on the other hand suck at writing posts on Internet sites but I am a very good driver. In this scenario I will surely leave you behind and although this may seem like a long shot it happens every day. If however, you are as good a driver as me you will probably win (based on the "expert" opinions here) but if you lag in turns or shifting or just have no balls you will lose.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I sold my 14 TrakPak last year and bought an 16 ATS-V. My Mustang was a great car and was just becoming a "Garage Queen" and I already have some of those....I got a chance to drive an ATS-V at a BMW track day and can tell you that it's a baby Corvette with 4 doors and the Mag Ride is just out of this world. The CTS-V is basically a Corvette with 4 doors and also $25/30k more than mine which puts it in the same price bracket as a 16 Corvette and almost 500lbs heavier...

Don't get me wrong, I still have the 03 Terminator and at least for me it's more fun to drive than my 14 TrakPak.........so is the ATS-V.

If My plan was to race I would be driving a newer vette, the CTS-V is a nice car though.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's correct, but I didn't buy it to race it. Stop giving me bad ideas 😅

Ha ha ha. That's what this forum is great at. Giving mustang enthusiasts ideas on how to drive their bad *** mustang. Ha ha.

Just curious but what made you buy the PP over a non PP model?

Old 02-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
That is driver error and nothing to do with the cars performance. We are strictly talking about the car not ifs ands or buts about what might happen. I've seen a Miata beat a corvette on a road course due to the driver being more experienced. Just because that happened does not make the Miata a better car.

And the Camaro is better in comparison but that doesn't make the mustang a bad car. I'm sure 90% of the drivers don't even use these cars to their full potential anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #52
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Hypothetically speaking, we are track racing and your driving skills are no where as good as your Internet posting skills, and well you really are not a good driver but you have an SS. Me, on the other hand suck at writing posts on Internet sites but I am a very good driver. In this scenario I will surely leave you behind and although this may seem like a long shot it happens every day. If however, you are as good a driver as me you will probably win (based on the "expert" opinions here) but if you lag in turns or shifting or just have no balls you will lose.

Lmao. Obviously a good driver at a road course will win vs an average one. No matter what they are driving.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
^ You took the words right outta my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao. Obviously a good driver at a road course will win vs an average one. No matter what they are driving.

Hoped you liked that scenario. Lol

Old 02-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ha ha ha. That's what this forum is great at. Giving mustang enthusiasts ideas on how to drive their bad *** mustang. Ha ha.

Just curious but what made you buy the PP over a non PP model?

It had all the options I liked, looked badazz and after a test drive I knew I wanted it. I do have to say that I tend to push my vehicles and now you actually have me thinking that maybe I should find a track and have some fun...

Old 02-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It had all the options I liked, looked badazz and after a test drive I knew I wanted it. I do have to say that I tend to push my vehicles and now you actually have me thinking that maybe I should find a track and have some fun...

Sounds great bro. Congrats on the new Gt and enjoy.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:54 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
If you guys don't mind me breaking the theme a bit here, I have a question on the S550's
Looking at the smaller gap, between the top of the tire and the fender, I have to ask, was the entire body lowered, reducing the ground clearance?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Yes, I believe they did lower the car
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:02 AM   #59

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Forgot to add that I chose the even slower vert
Attachment 196566

Nice ride. I love that color.
zyncx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:48 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man!

Old 02-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Nah ford dropped the ball. It's good to defend your current car and whatnot, but let's be real. Ford has dropped back down AGAIN

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$

I agree. The Camaro beat the Mustang GT just as bad as the Mustang GT beats the V6 Mustang . Sad sad day for the Mustang.............
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang