Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2018 Mustang Power Figures Released

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dwalk21 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
DANG! That's quick. The only thing keeping me from a new Mustang is that they got rid of Guard Green.............that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
I am sure that I could supercharge mine for about 1/4 of what it would cost me to move up to a 2018......oh yeah, and no Guard Green!
Ford.com/build-your-own still shows only the 2017. Maybe later today we'll be able to see what all this new stuff is going to cost.

#4 ·
So ... the new Mustang GT with the 10 spd is faster to 60 than the GT350/350R. Way to go Ford.

I'm not really that excited by this as the sixth-gen Camaro SS can hit 0 - 60 in under 4 seconds with both the 6 spd manual and the 8 spd auto and has been able to since it's release in 2015, it's about time the Mustang GT got into the under 4 second club.

I'm loving that there is actual competition between Ford and GM. Good times.

Also, I couldn't find anything besides DI being the reason for the power bump. I figured there would be some added compression or something to get that torque rating up.

#13 ·
Don't forget the increased redline to 7,500.

#5 ·
Here is the ordering guide, interesting that there is a PP2 option for GT's only with late availability...and no A10 option for this.

2018 Mustang Order Guide - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

And compression was increased for the 5.0 - Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info) - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

The 2018 Mustang GT gets an updated 5.0-liter Coyote V8 with both port and direct fuel injection which allows Ford to increase the V8's compression ratio from 11.0:1 to 12.0:1.

#14 ·
They're getting too expensive... That said, you can still get a base model 2017 for $27k out the door, I'd go that route TBTH. Or wait for the leftover 18s if DI is as good as it should be.

Or just pick up one of the garage queen 11-14 GTs or 07-12 GT500s for next to nothing comparatively.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.