fuse 47 pull - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Yeah, read that about 9 month ago. I'm more interested in finding out if this can possibly be handled by a tune primarily for the 13-14 V6. Thanks anyway
+1, That's what I'm waiting for also, if it can't be done via a tune I'm 100% going to do the mod! In fact I'm going to call bama now and see what they are going to say about it. I'm guessing they are gonna say it shouldn't happen with it tuned and to data log. Let's see.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #37
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
+1, That's what I'm waiting for also, if it can't be done via a tune I'm 100% going to do the mod! In fact I'm going to call bama now and see what they are going to say about it. I'm guessing they are gonna say it shouldn't happen with it tuned and to data log. Let's see.
Please let us know what you find out from Bama. I would like to know what they have to say about it. Thanks for your help on this issue
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

OK, So I just got off the phone with Bama and explained exactly what has been covered in this thread, my first question was is there anyway to eliminate the adaptive learning in the 3.7s with one or any of their tunes, was placed on hold to verify then came back and said unfortunately as of now there isn't. I then asked if any other Bama customers have had these issues with the adaptive learning and he replied not really. They now want to run a data log to see exactly what's happening, surprised....not, but they generally seem to want to help, I'm just not sure this is the proper coarse of action.

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #39
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Well, heck, that's a step in the right direction. At least Bama is willing to help. I guess a data log would be the next logical step just to verify what's happening. Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to your next installment if you plan on going any further. Thanks again
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 05-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Well I just quickly looked over the instructions and from what I can tell its basically a 15-30 minute log. That won't solve anything as it is over a period of a few days. Maybe I can do one at the beginning and one a few days later? All I can say is I've lost a lot of faith in tuning our 3.7s with this adaptive learning crap. Very disappointed that we have to remove a fuse or battery terminal every couple of days to retain our tunes full potential!!

Old 05-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Maybe someone on this forum that's done some data logging can chime in with some advise. I don't have a tuner yet, so I'm sort of a spectator to see what happens. I'll still get a tuner, it's just a matter of who I'm gonna get the tunes from. Either way, you've been very helpful.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I just hope this can get resolved. But tbh I have my doubt's. IMO this is a HUGE problem that effects not just Bama. Seems like ford has done their homework this time with foot print tuning and now possibly something a tune can't bypass to maybe discourage some from tuning all together.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Mpt tunes also dont eliminate this problem. Seems like unless we take the time to do the rewiring trick, us 3.7 guys are going to be stuck pulling a fuse every week. I find it kind of ridiculous and annoying we need to pull a fuse just to keep our cars running normal. I don't see what the benefit was supposed to be with this. The car doesn't "adapt" to your driving it just flat out drives like crap after a while.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm talking to a friend now to see if he knows how to set this up.. If he does it I will throw up a video
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
Ok guys I needed to get on here and share this piece of information for the people who don't know or are experiencing similar frustrations. I have been having throttle and shift problems in my automatic for a while now and it was reallyyy starting to take the fun out of my car. Let me explain.. I would tune my car, it would run amazing (immediate throttle response, fast shifts) for a couple days then it would start losing performance as time went on. (Somebody else even made a thread a couple weeks ago with the same peoblem). This was to the point where the car felt like it was running like ****. Then I would re tune and all was well again. It was a vicious cycle.

I came across a thread on another forum where people had the same problem. When the car started to feel sluggish they were pulling the #47 fuse in the engine fuse box for about 10 minutes then plugging it in and the car would run great, so I decided to give it a try. Let me tell you, the car was an absolute beast after I did this. I was so happy. Now I know it's just replacing re tuning with pulling a fuse but it's so much more convenient and seems to work better. Anybody have any experience with this? I've read of people who swear by it.
So just pull it and wait 10 min then plug back in my cel came on again for bank one and two being to lean and I know it's not my intake soooo?? Idk at this point this has been happening for weeks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Nice.. I wonder how the wiring setup holds up after a while.. If it's safe over a long period of time and all. Don't need any fires starting under the hood.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Just curious but what will data logging due for this issue? Its not a data logging issue. The cars are not running sluggish because of a tuning command or PCM control issue. Its because of the built in adaptive shifting and it needs to be disabled. Data logging ain't gonna do jack ***** to solve that issue.

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Just curious but what will data logging due for this issue? Its not a data logging issue. The cars are not running sluggish because of a tuning command or PCM control issue. Its because of the built in adaptive shifting and it needs to be disabled. Data logging ain't gonna do jack ***** to solve that issue.

+1, IMO data logging won't in any way solve the issue. I drive a manual so its obviously not a tranny issue. The absolute best way to describe it is as soon as you load a tune and start the car for the first time, when you rev the motor a little before you start driving and you can feel instant and lightening quick throttle response, well if I drive for a few days and then start the car up, the lightening quick, instant throttle response that was present the moment after the tune was installed is gone and back to muddy delayed OEM throttle response. Grrrr. BTW just loaded up my 91h tune and is not nearly as good as the 93r. : ( If I can just get the tunes to stick I'd be super happy, but all that I feel is frustration, and its not directed at Bama because others with Mpt have experienced the same issue, it purely at the situation. I'm not a fan of having to remove battery cables every few days to reset. On a similar note after I loaded the 91h tune tonight I was getting, at very low speeds, surges that I originally experienced when I loaded the 93 a few weeks back after I had the 3.73s done. After about 25 minutes of driving the surging stopped and was driving fine so there is definitely some computer correcting by our cars.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
+1, IMO data logging won't in any way solve the issue. I drive a manual so its obviously not a tranny issue. The absolute best way to describe it is as soon as you load a tune and start the car for the first time, when you rev the motor a little before you start driving and you can feel instant and lightening quick throttle response, well if I drive for a few days and then start the car up, the lightening quick, instant throttle response that was present the moment after the tune was installed is gone and back to muddy delayed OEM throttle response. Grrrr. BTW just loaded up my 91h tune and is not nearly as good as the 93r. : ( If I can just get the tunes to stick I'd be super happy, but all that I feel is frustration, and its not directed at Bama because others with Mpt have experienced the same issue, it purely at the situation. I'm not a fan of having to remove battery cables every few days to reset. On a similar note after I loaded the 91h tune tonight I was getting, at very low speeds, surges that I originally experienced when I loaded the 93 a few weeks back after I had the 3.73s done. After about 25 minutes of driving the surging stopped and was driving fine so there is definitely some computer correcting by our cars.

How do we fix it I also have a v6 manual transmission and it keeps doing this...Do you think if I upload mpt ghost cam it will stop all this?

Old 05-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing no. I've read other mpt user experiencing the same issue that we are. I believe its the car and not the tune causing this. I really don't buy the fact that tuning companies for our 3.7s aren't aware of this issue but rather unclear how to resolve it. Ford seems to be ahead of the game this time. Again I don't claim to be a expert in what the problem actually is that's causing this, I just know that something is and it seems that many of you also notice a very similar issue with your cars and with different tuning suppliers.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have only heard of this problem with the automatics and never the manual trannies as it has to do with the adaptive shifting which is for the autos.

So Bama confirmed they can't do anything about it.
So Mikey you said that MPT said they can't do anything about it either?

I will call Steeda tomorrow and see what they say and I don't even have a tune yet.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

What is the point and benefit of this adaptive shifting business? Why did Ford put this in?

Old 05-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post

So Bama confirmed they can't do anything about it.
Did Bama and American Muscle know about this problem?

And they still sold us tuners that they new would eventually fail?

Class-action lawyers are already prepping their briefs.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't call mpt but I'm assuming if they could remove it, they would have included it in my tune. But like I said i still have to pull the fuse every week or so.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Btw not to change subjects but my mpt tune kicks freakin ***. Quite a noticeable difference over my bama tunes. The shifting is miles better.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
Did Bama and American Muscle know about this problem?

And they still sold us tuners that they new would eventually fail?

Class-action lawyers are already prepping their briefs.

How did the tuners fail?

Old 05-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Idk, I just want my ride consistent. I really hope someone can shed some light on this subject so I don't have to do the reset every time.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How did the tuners fail?

+1, the tuners are fine, hell I believe the tunes are fine and its the car automatically adjusting parameters. A lot of us are experiencing the same issue, and just not on this forum so i know we are not all crazy. Maybe ford made it so software its self can't shut it off and that's why the tuning companies can't disable it?! I have no answers just more questions.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Man, it seems in the last two months this issue has BLOWN up. I have yet to get a tuner and at this rate I might not until this issue get's figured out. We can basically rule out the adaptive shift as a cause since its not transmission related, but there must be some underlying code relate to it that "adapts" the engine parameters as well.

Since the fuse 47 pull seems to fix the issue for autos and manuals, there must be a two step system in place. Since the throttle is fly by wire it must adapt throttle response as well as shift firmness. This means on autos it would adapt shift firmness as well throttle response so its returning the most fuel efficient and smoothest shifts. I feel like by "dulling" the throttle down it would prevent throttle spikes, which use more gas, while also preventing multiple shifts in the transmission.

However, since a manual still has this problem, I could see the same adaptive throttle response still being active, without the adaptive shift strategy in place. Also, since its adaptive it would be coded in such a way to reform the car's tune. The same benefit we get from advanced timing when running 93 vs 87, could be controlled by this adaptive system. This would mean that when it see's aggressive throttle response, the pre-programmed PCM fights against it and dulls the responsiveness. Also, since its adaptive and probably tied into multiple systems (timing, spark, fuel, etc), it may be impossible to shut off. If this is the case Ford is a D**K!!!!

Again, this is my "Theory" and should be taken as nothing more.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Well said!

Old 05-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

I hope someone that represents am or Bama has gone through and read this thread.......

Old 05-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
A few months ago i noticed my MPT tune was feeling a little sluggish, i returned back to stock and reloaded the tune. Feels perfect after reloading it. For now on i'll just pull the #47 fuse every couple weeks.

Manual transmissioned Mustangs don't have the adaptive learning, just the automatics.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
A few months ago i noticed my MPT tune was feeling a little sluggish, i returned back to stock and reloaded the tune. Feels perfect after reloading it. For now on i'll just pull the #47 fuse every couple weeks.

Manual transmissioned Mustangs don't have the adaptive learning, just the automatics.
I was doing the same thing, reloading the tune every few days. The fuse trick works better and lasts longer I've found.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I talked to Gus @ Steeda before he left about disabling the adaptive learning. Whether they could or not he said they do not and will not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Well of people with manual transmissions are getting the same problems, but the manuals don't have adaptive learning, then it must be something else causing this
Old 05-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #66
Admin

Supporter
Admin

And just for the record, this only effects the 2013's and up automatics, as I do not have this issue with my 2011 automatic.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
And just for the record, this only effects the 2013's and up automatics, as I do not have this issue with my 2011 automatic.
That was my question prior bro. Does it effect 2010-2012 models because I don't have this issue with my 2011 model. I actually never heard this issue up until the newer models.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #68
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Are you 100% sure? I've got a 2012 auto and it started feeling sluggish after a while. Did the fuse #47 trick and it brought it back to life. Are you running a tune, and if so, what tune?
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this isn't isolated to just the 13's and up. If you look at the "permanent removal of adaptive shifting" thread on allfordmustangs.com it was from mid 2012. I highly doubt all of those guys in that thread had 2013's at that time. If you look in some of their signatures, you can see some have 2011's and 12's.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #70
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
That was my question prior bro. Does it effect 2010-2012 models because I don't have this issue with my 2011 model. I actually never heard this issue up until the newer models.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you pull fuse #47 for ten minutes and see if there is any difference. It won't hurt anything and may help us narrow this down. Just a suggestion, any help would be most appreciated

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical