fuse 47 pull - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #71
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this isn't isolated to just the 13's and up. If you look at the "permanent removal of adaptive shifting" thread on allfordmustangs.com it was from mid 2012. I highly doubt all of those guys in that thread had 2013's at that time. If you look in some of their signatures, you can see some have 2011's and 12's.
+1^^ This does date back quite some time before the 2013's were produced. Very good point, hadn't put that together when I was reading that threat. Thanks for the reminder
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I just got off the phone with Don at Steeda and he says that they can not remove the adaptive shifting.

Also all 2011+ mustangs have the adaptive shifting.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #73
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
I just got off the phone with Don at Steeda and he says that they can not remove the adaptive shifting.

Also all 2011+ mustangs have the adaptive shifting.
Fair enough, that settles it for me. Since Steeda has such close ties with Ford for such a long time, I tend to take their word for it. Thanks for that update
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2014, 09:44 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Just out of curiosity, why don't you pull fuse #47 for ten minutes and see if there is any difference. It won't hurt anything and may help us narrow this down. Just a suggestion, any help would be most appreciated
Excellent idea. I will remove the fuse 47 and see if i notice any difference in my throttle response.

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

According to what I'm reading, EVERY 2014 3.7 auto-trans with a Bama Tune will have this problem. Is that a correct statement?

Where is American Muscle on all this? Why haven't they chimed in with a comment? Their lack of participation doesn't help the issue at all. I'm losing confidence.

EDIT: Would this work?

Old 05-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #76
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
EVERY automatic will have this. It isn't limited to just one tuner. It is part of the Ford programming that can't be overcome.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

I have heard people in this thread say Manuals are included and it is only Auto's. I understand it wont affect the shift points on a manual but will it affect the throttle response on one?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

I called BAMA and asked. They said this will reset the cars learing and it can be done through most tuners by resetting the CAM or you can do with fuse or negative terminal removal. It is something that affects any GT, V6 and any Tuner
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Does anybody know if the new generation will have this adaptive shift feature? If not I think ill be trading in my 14 a lot sooner than I thought.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I reset my throttle every few weeks. The way i do it is, turn key on (don't start). Take around 15 seconds to floor the throttle, then take around 15 seconds to let the throttle (gas pedal) to return all the way back. Turn key off, most of the time i do this before i go to bed but i think letting your Mustang sit for a couple hours after doing this will work also.

This was the way i reset my last throttle by wire car (Dodge). I think it works on my Mustang too
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have a manual but I'm gonna try this to see if their is a difference. Do your pull and put it back in after 10 or so minutes with the car off or do you need to cycle the key once?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Car off while you wipe down the motor or while you drain the oil from your catch can. I do it once a week.

Also I called MPT on Friday morning and they were going to get back to my yesterday and never did. It is safe to assume that no tuner can disable this function as of yet.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
I have a manual but I'm gonna try this to see if their is a difference. Do your pull and put it back in after 10 or so minutes with the car off or do you need to cycle the key once?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1400367489.235624.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	157078
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #84
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I don't think pulling fuse #47 requires an idle relearn otherwise a rough idle would have been mentioned by now. unless I missed it haha. Multiple fuses supply power to the PCM. So the idle trim memory may be saved using power supplied by one of those other fuses.

Sent from the future.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
I don't think pulling fuse #47 requires an idle relearn otherwise a rough idle would have been mentioned by now. unless I missed it haha. Multiple fuses supply power to the PCM. So the idle trim memory may be saved using power supplied by one of those other fuses.

Sent from the future.
The last two times I tuned, 93r and 91h with the mods I have I had surging issues at almost idle speed. It took about 10 minutes than all was good.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #86
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
The last two times I tuned, 93r and 91h with the mods I have I had surging issues at almost idle speed. It took about 10 minutes than all was good.
Retuning is a lot more in-depth than pulling that fuse though.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Not having to do anything and having the tune just sticking would be the ideal situation! Lol I've almost completely lost faith in tuning these 3.7s! What a pita having to change tunes every couple days or pulling fuses to retain your tunes performance! Bama, mpt Steeda are you or can you do anything about this ****!!!!! Funny how no one from AM has chimed in about this!

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #88
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Not having to do anything and having the tune just sticking would be the ideal situation! Lol I've almost completely lost faith in tuning these 3.7s! What a pita having to change tunes every couple days or pulling fuses to retain your tunes performance! Bama, mpt Steeda are you or can you do anything about this ****!!!!! Funny how no one from AM has chimed in about this!
Yeah I ordered a relay and harness so that power to the fuse gets cut every time I turn the car off. That'll at least bypass having to pull the fuse every other week.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I ordered a relay and harness so that power to the fuse gets cut every time I turn the car off. That'll at least bypass having to pull the fuse every other week.
From where and how much?

Old 05-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

I just tried it out (pulling fuse) and I noticed a change but I wouldn't say it is night and day, 6 MT with MPT 91 Perf. Tune. I'm not going to keep resetting the fuse as That's just going to annoy me that I have to keep doing it.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
From where and how much?
$38 shipped from Amazon.

HELLA 007794301 Weatherproof 20/40 Amp SPDT Mini Relay with Bracket
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

GTC CT6100 Fuse Socket Connector Kit GTC CT6100 Fuse Socket Connector Kit
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

HELLA H84709001 Iso Weatherproof Relay Connector with 12" Leads HELLA H84709001 Iso Weatherproof Relay Connector with 12" Leads
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

Inline Littlefuse Fuse Holder ATO ATC Kit Waterproof Marine Motorcycle 18 -16 Ga 15 Amp In-line Waterproof.

http://www.paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Transmission.aspx

THIS!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
$38 shipped from Amazon.

HELLA 007794301 Weatherproof 20/40 Amp SPDT Mini Relay with Bracket
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

GTC CT6100 Fuse Socket Connector Kit GTC CT6100 Fuse Socket Connector Kit
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

HELLA H84709001 Iso Weatherproof Relay Connector with 12" Leads HELLA H84709001 Iso Weatherproof Relay Connector with 12" Leads
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

Inline Littlefuse Fuse Holder ATO ATC Kit Waterproof Marine Motorcycle 18 -16 Ga 15 Amp In-line Waterproof.

Paddedwall.org - 2012 Mustang Shelby Tribute

I did mine. Took about 30 minutes at the kitchen table. My car runs fine.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

It's adaptive learning. Drive harder so it learns.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
It's adaptive learning. Drive harder so it learns.
except when you drive in traffic to and from work every day.. or else ill be flooring it into the back of other cars lol.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

My question is, does this work for cars with tunes, or does it work with stock tuned as well? Because I too have also noticed trannie changes in the last year I've owned my car, especially with the "California roll". I'll bring the car down to about 5mph and at that point, if I don't bring the car to complete stop or if I let off the brake, the transmission will feel like I've shifted from neutral to drive while rolling, just a loud THUNK and the car lurches. Makes me cringe everytime....
StolenSinner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #96
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenSinner09 View Post
My question is, does this work for cars with tunes, or does it work with stock tuned as well? Because I too have also noticed trannie changes in the last year I've owned my car, especially with the "California roll". I'll bring the car down to about 5mph and at that point, if I don't bring the car to complete stop or if I let off the brake, the transmission will feel like I've shifted from neutral to drive while rolling, just a loud THUNK and the car lurches. Makes me cringe everytime....
If you read through the thread, you'll see that yes, pulling fuse 47 does reset the adaptive shifting on both tuned and untuned vehicles. Tuning resets the adaptive shifting but it doesn't disable it, so eventually it'll start to feel sluggish.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

I did it earlier. Didn't notice much difference driving but the Cali roll problem stopped.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:08 PM   #98
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

If you're stock tuned, you probably won't notice a big difference unless at WOT. Normal driving will probably seem about the same. Glad to see it fixed your cali roll problem though haha

Sent from the future.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Straight up. That's why I love forums.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

I just received my 93 Performance tune from MPT. I asked if they could disable it and they said no. So I'll be implementing TedG's harness soon. I still have over half a tank of 87 Oct. So I'll have to wait before applying my first tune. I'm friggen stoked!
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguevara View Post
I just received my 93 Performance tune from MPT. I asked if they could disable it and they said no. So I'll be implementing TedG's harness soon. I still have over half a tank of 87 Oct. So I'll have to wait before applying my first tune. I'm friggen stoked!
Your In for a treat man. The mpt tune is amazing. My car freakin romps with it.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Does mpt offer free tunes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #103
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post

Nope.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #104
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
If you read through the thread, you'll see that yes, pulling fuse 47 does reset the adaptive shifting on both tuned and untuned vehicles. Tuning resets the adaptive shifting but it doesn't disable it, so eventually it'll start to feel sluggish.
Yep, and that's what this thread is all about. I was wrong in my initial post (back on page 1 of this thread) when I said the MPT tune was not affected...I did not notice any sluggish shifting, because I was driving 90% highway, so my automatic was "learning" those speeds.

About a week ago, I did 3 to 4 days of lousy city stop/go driving, and noticed the shift points began to change. The shifts were still "firm" from the tune, but the shift points were ocurring at a different RPM.

I have all the pieces mentioned in the write up done from the other site (using a 4 blade relay), and plan to build the simple circuit to automatically reset fuse 47 when the car is stopped/restarted.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post

No but they will update your tune for 6 months after you get it for bolt ons and do data logging with you for free

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical